Autopsy Round 22, 2024: Hawks sink the Blues

Remove this Banner Ad

Alot better that the 12 disposals avg that CJ gets.

It's a bit of a weird one. Morrison is a better player right now in that role - but I think CJ has a bigger ceiling once he gets games into him. Don't forget he was a late starter anyway and has missed a lot of games through injury. So do we go for the option that benefits now, or the one that'll help us next year and going forward.

Sicily's kick to D'Ambrosio in the fourth was simply incredible. I just couldn't believe it.
I was sitting near that pocket. You couldn’t see it on the TV coverage but Massimo wasn’t actually that free until about the moment Sicily kicked it. The Blues defenders actually dropped off him to cover shorter, “more realistic” options. Sicily identified that and then just pulled the trigger.

It's a bit of a weird one. Morrison is a better player right now in that role - but I think CJ has a bigger ceiling once he gets games into him. Don't forget he was a late starter anyway and has missed a lot of games through injury. So do we go for the option that benefits now, or the one that'll help us next year and going forward.
But do we keep Harry. I think the answer is Yes.

I don't even know what to say.
I go to pretty much every game and that is maybe the most fun win I have ever been a part of. The crowd reaction when Breust kicked the goal to get us into the 8...finally this team who deserves it so much, week after week thinking what more can we do, had finally done enough, in such emphatic fashion.

I love this team so much.

Special shout out to Harry Morrison, stoked for him, had a great game and I think despite not playing a lot has really improved this year, think he's locked into the side for the rest of the year.

Sicily's kick to D'Ambrosio in the fourth was simply incredible. I just couldn't believe it.
I was sitting basically front row of L4 at that end, had a perfect view of the entire forward line and had no idea that kick was on. For Sicily to be on the ground and see that as an option and then hit it the way he did was unbelievable.

Here we are. Another Meek Monday but boy I wish it was still Sunday.
What a glorious sunny day it was at the m.c.g yesterday .
Beautiful skills on display , watching our wonderful youngsters killing it and our veterans Gunston and Breust slotting goals at ease . Add to that such an appropriate opposition to give a belting to, seeing their supporters leave at three quarter time and hearing our song play at the final siren.
A perfect day

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was sitting basically front row of L4 at that end, had a perfect view of the entire forward line and had no idea that kick was on. For Sicily to be on the ground and see that as an option and then hit it the way he did was unbelievable.

Ambrosio did a very subtle fist pump after the grab, too. It was an absolute mega-elite play.

One of the highlights for me was in the 3rd quarter down the city end and one of the
Carlton boys lost his boot. Scrimshaw picked it up and threw it about 15 meters the other way.

The Simpsons Shoes GIF

Check out Hawk's boys in background.
Lehmo letting them know about it

On SM-S906E using BigFooty.com mobile app

The look and no response from Sellers are the best part of that vision. He is fuming!
But do we keep Harry. I think the answer is Yes.

Absolutely YES. Harry is a plug and play, and he always comes into the team with the right attitude. Has to stay in the side after yesterday surely.

I know I'm jumping the gun but does anyone know what the go is re finals tics and/or travel packages, considering the probability we will play interstate if we qualify. I'm 60 and feel like a kid in a lolly shop

On SM-A546E using BigFooty.com mobile app

I know tipping is bloody hard this year, but if games go as they should I have us playing the Dogs or Blues (If they can respond).

From the scenarios I have run, the only travel first week is possibly Fremantle if they win both their games (Giants away, then Port at home). The second week we are more likely to travel than not though, unless we get on Geelong's side of the draw.

Check out Hawk's boys in background.
Lehmo letting them know about it

On SM-S906E using BigFooty.com mobile app

It's amazing that a 74 point loss was the second worst thing to happen to Carlton fans yesterday, the worst being 2+ hours of Dave Hughes' voice.

Really good post.

If we were in a position of definitely not playing finals then i would take the risk on CJ - his ceiling is ridiculous but its going to take time and belief to get there.

But its clear now we really are on with a shot of not just playing in finals but giving it a 2008 style shake.

Harry Morrison is one of those unfashionable but dependable role players that can help in big finals. He's been in the system for more than 5 years, can play multiple roles. He has Michael Osbourne vibes about him so for right now he holds his spot because you know what you are going to get.

Though its also worth stating that sometimes someone who can do the freakish things that you and your opponents least expect can also win you finals but I think for now we have enough of that type in form on the field. (I love CJ and would be really loathed to lose him at this stage)

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 22, 2024: Hawks sink the Blues

Remove this Banner Ad

Back