Autopsy Round 22, 2024: Hawks sink the Blues

Remove this Banner Ad

Great win that, i new the other Mob were slow but wow wee we were running on top of the ground while the other mob were running in quick sand.

Wave after wave going forward, exciting stuff. We are a joy to watch.

Having Hawks radio and the other mob next to each other was pure bliss.

The next development of this side is to turn those dominant qtrs from 4 to 5 goal qtrs into 6 to 8 goal qtrs, we are not far off it.

3 best mates go for the other mob, group chat has been elite.

Carlton ten years into a rebuild watching Hawthorn overtake them in 4 years.

Overtake World Rx GIF by World RX - FIA World Rallycross Championship

They need to make some moves to make the most of their spine/core. They need small forwards and some pace.

Cowan - Weitering - Kemp
Newman - ?????? - Saad

TDK - Cripps - Walsh
Acres - ?????? - O. Hollands

?????? - McKay - E. Hollands
?????? - Curnow - Williams

Bench:
Cerra
Kennedy
Hewett
???????
???????

Last edited:

Was thinking this morning - how bloody brilliant is it that despite our resurgence we don't have a single player featuring in the odds for the Brownlow medal. The spread of talent and performances is so wide that there isn't a chance of a single player dominating the votes. This is such a balanced squad that the MMM (Mitchell, McKenzie and McCartney) brains trust have put together.

They mentioned during the call that we have such an even spread of contributors, highlighted by our top possession winner across the season being Newcombe, who is averaging 23. It's unheard of really.

Sicily's kick to D'Ambrosio in the fourth was simply incredible. I just couldn't believe it.

He pulled off some absolute lascannons this season.

There were a few against Adelaide the first time that were ridiculous, one in particular had the whole commentary team in awe.

Hopefully someone tech savvy can do up a highlights package of his ridiculous kicks this season.

We’ve got 5 blokes that have kicked 20+ goals, and by season end there could well be 7.

As pointed out by Kingy on first crack last night, that is massive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We’ve got 5 blokes that have kicked 20+ goals, and by season end there could well be 7.

As pointed out by Kingy on first crack last night, that is massive.
Behind only a couple of teams in the league for most 20+ goal kickers.

Also every chance we Moore wins our goal kicking only 3 behind Chol.

It’s interesting looking across the league there is some names you wouldn’t expect in the top 2-3 goal kickers or who could win the goal kicking award.

Just finished watching the replay and this is may just be recency bias but this is the most fun i have ever had watching the Hawks play. Not to be at all disparaging to the great era we recently had but the run, the spread and the joy they all play with is just something else. I can't wipe the smile off my face from start to finish.

It's amazing that a 74 point loss was the second worst thing to happen to Carlton fans yesterday, the worst being 2+ hours of Dave Hughes' voice.
The fact that unfunny douchebag had to sit through that game makes the win even better, which I didn't think could be possible. The suffering on his face is delicious.

It might actually be more fun to listen to the Carlton one, hearing Dave Hughes' shrivel up and die over 120 minutes would be an absolute joy.
For part of the first quarter the Blues radio stream was playing in the background of the Hawks radio stream. It was an interesting experience hearing the same play being called in unison but with conflicting energy and reactions.

Incredible performance.

Loved the cheering from the crowd when we got in the 8. Special moment!

Shout outs to:
  • Morrison. Safe as houses on a wing, and needs to stay
  • MacKenzie will be a star. 22 touches and no one can tackle. Scary ceiling.
  • Weddle. Lids off.
  • D'Ambrosio 3 votes and possible AA

Sam Mitchell. Tactically broke them.

Now strap in for the finals ride. It's gonna be fun!!
At the game and I honestly didn't know what that was for lol until someone a couple of rows in front explained it.

Must have missed it coming up on the big screen, thought maybe Punky had reached a goal milestone or something

Coaches Votes Rd 22

Dylan Moore (HAW)
9 Massimo D'Ambrosio (HAW)
6 James Sicily (HAW)
4 Joshua Weddle (HAW)
2 Jarman Impey (HAW)

Almost unprecedented levels of agreement on the best players, only one minor quibble between 4/5.

It might actually be more fun to listen to the Carlton one, hearing Dave Hughes' shrivel up and die over 120 minutes would be an absolute joy.
Any idea how to access it?

Sent from my SM-F741B using Tapatalk

That game should be the final nail in the coffin for those arguing not to spend a first rounder for Barrass.
Sicily was close to our worst in the first quarter because he had to try and sit on a power fwd. That's not his natural game. His natural game is killing the incoming ball and rebounding very effectively with great field vision and kicks.
All of which he did with great effect from the second quarter onwards, to the point where he was arguably our best player.
(I did say arguably - Weddle, Impey, Massimo to name a few would argue the point)
Just watching the coin toss was enough to highlight why we need Barrass. Sicily looked like a midget standing next to Cripps.

It's simply incredible how Sic has continually punch above his weight season after season. Finally releasing him of the need to do this should be huge.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 22, 2024: Hawks sink the Blues

Remove this Banner Ad

Back