Opinion Non-Crows AFL 10

Who will win a final first?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think you are underselling Butters, he’s been the difference many times
He doesn't shift momentum though.

And has not made much impact in heavily contested Finals.

His raw disposal stats look pretty in last year's Finals. But very few contented posessions and clearances vs his raw disposal stat.

Rozee even worse in last year's Finals.

Think you are underselling Butters, he’s been the difference many times
Both very important .
Port have Crap forwards so good teams make a Way.

IMG_1918.jpeg

The only saving grace is that if Pear go top nearly all my Pear mates wanted Ken gone years ago.

Do we have anyone in the top 10,000?
Tell you what, if we play Dan Curtin around the wing area and as a high roaming half forward, it won't take too long for him to enter the top few imo. Beautiful kick and weights it perfectly. Likewise, if we recruit Lukosius and play him on the other side between the arcs, his kicking inside 50 might get up there too

I dunno, I wouldn't underestimate Port at the minute.

They seem a bit different this year, I'd almost have them as lock for the GF at this stage.
I now I could be banned for posting this. I apologize in advance. :$

7b9888ca-2a9a-4b77-a824-603b28bc305e_text.gif

They finished 1st in 2020 with a percentage of 136% and couldn't even make the GF. Went 14-3 in the H&A and won eight out of their last nine games.

Followed that up finishing 2nd in 2021 going 17-5 with a percentage of 126% and also couldn't make the GF. Won nine out of their last ten coming into finals.

Finished 3rd last year going 17-6 with 113% and went out in straight sets. They won 13 games in a row in the middle of the season.

This year they are 16-7 with 115%. If anything they are not as good this year.

Not each year is equal though.The two things Port have going for them this year is JHF keeps them in game when they are not travelling well.

There aren't alot of good sides this year. Geelong are not that good (we nearly beat them at Geelong) and they finished top 4.

Brisbane is the team Port would want to avoid. Harris Andrews always destroys them.
Port looking likely to need get past GWS/Lions to make to the GF.

While I have those two teams ahead of the Power, injuries/suspensions/home ground advantage is going to be massive.

Forget butters, JHF is the one to really clamp down on. Good as butters is, JHF is a goalkicking mid that can break the game open
To use Kenny's words, opposition teams really need to "terrorize" him then Butters. It will go a long way towards them wining.

Scott is an experienced succesful coach, he will know how to strategize to beat them, its whether he has the cattle to do the job.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port looking likely to need get past GWS/Lions to make to the GF.

While I have those two teams ahead of the Power, injuries/suspensions/home ground advantage is going to be massive.

Not sure home ground advantage is as important now a days. Feels like anyone can beat anyone anywhere amongst these teams.

Definitely each club has a handful of players that can't miss games. The way the tribunal is now a days it's just a bump or sling tackle that can throw out a season.

Not sure home ground advantage is as important now a days. Feels like anyone can beat anyone anywhere amongst these teams.

Definitely each club has a handful of players that can't miss games. The way the tribunal is now a days it's just a bump or sling tackle that can throw out a season.
Butters decision to bump yesterday was odd. Only a slight one, fair and no harm done.

Could have been a different outcome.

Especially given a tackle would have meant a free.

Freo won the contest.

Port absolutely kissed on the bell end yet again.
Play Thursday on a week off. Then if they lose, have at least another 8 day break. Best draw by far.
AFL trying hard to help old mate Kenny out.

Come on, if they lose they'll be playing the winner of Dogs/Hawks, who play Friday on a week off and will have at least a 7 day break having finished 6th and 7th. Surely the team finishing second has earned an extra 1 day break in week 2 of the final series.

Port absolutely kissed on the bell end yet again.
Play Thursday on a week off. Then if they lose, have at least another 8 day break. Best draw by far.
AFL trying hard to help old mate Kenny out.
Finals have always been like this.

Team finishing higher gets the extra rest time.

JHF is the difference this year.

He has been the catalyst for a few late season wins. Now starting to get 25 plus disposals and a couple of goals a game.

Hard to tag out as he is a physical player and can shift momentum.

The opposite to Butters who only plays to a high level when he Port are on top. He is not a momentum changer.

JHF is.

I still think Sydney, GWS and even Hawthorn are better than Port. Mainly because these teams have a better spread of talent.

But can see Port making the GF.

Ollie Wines is also helpful in that regard. Butters and Rozee can't turn momentum at the contest, having JHF supported by Wines makes a massive difference to their midfield when things aren't going quite right.

They finished 1st in 2020 with a percentage of 136% and couldn't even make the GF. Went 14-3 in the H&A and won eight out of their last nine games.

Followed that up finishing 2nd in 2021 going 17-5 with a percentage of 126% and also couldn't make the GF. Won nine out of their last ten coming into finals.

Finished 3rd last year going 17-6 with 113% and went out in straight sets. They won 13 games in a row in the middle of the season.

Again, they seem a different beast this year.

If only we had that record!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back