Opinion Non-Crows AFL 10

Who will win a final first?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really need a peak Tom Stewart and Jeremy Cameron type game, wouldn't hurt if Danger was fully fit too

Brisbane is the team Port would want to avoid. Harris Andrews always destroys them.

People are forgetting that Hinkley turns into a completely different coach in finals.

Nothing that happens in the H&A series for them has any relevance on what happens for them in finals.

Have you all forgotten why Port fans want Hinkley sacked? It's for this exact reason!
Yep, their season starts now. Not a lot different to previous years they have finished top four in terms of how they made top 4.

Key difference this year for September is JHF.

He has a hardness to him that none of their other mids have.

And starting to control games.

Even today, without him, Freo win.

IMO the two biggest threats are Brisbane and the Bulldogs but they are outside the top 4 which will ultimately prove too difficult. I think Hawthorn have flat tracked against some average teams and could get exposed under final's pressure due to inexperience.

IMO the two biggest threats are Brisbane and the Bulldogs but they are outside the top 4 which will ultimately prove too difficult. I think Hawthorn have flat tracked against some average teams and could be exposed under final's pressure due to inexperience.
Can see both of these teams getting through to preliminary final & straight sets loss for 2 top 4 teams.

It's such an open finals series.

As much as we all hate Port, looks like they have the missing pieces finally…midfield is quality, Forward line is fine, backline only worry. Will make a GF. Lets just hope they choke on the day….
They won't have a Vic club home MCG GF to contend with.

If we played any other team than Richmond in 2017 we would have won the flag.

who would have thought when we had don pyke that hinkley would outlast him. and then the difference in list management between us and port, night and day, we've been asleep at the wheel for years!

Also the way the draw falls if they make the GF it will be a against a non-Victorian side.
If Port defeat Geelong week 1:
Geelong play winner of Dogs vs Hawks.
That means one Victorian team will at least reach the other Prelim final with the chance to win through to GF.

Wouldn't surprise to see Port vs Hawks GF.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port have got their pressure game back that saw them go on that winning streak last year. Can't keep that up forever with an an okay starting 22 (outside of the midfield), but this year they've timed it well.

Only other team that's playing the same pressure game right now is Hawthorn.

Port never disappoint us in September though. Hard to imagine that they've all of a sudden turned a corner with the same coach and probably worse forward and back line.

IMO the two biggest threats are Brisbane and the Bulldogs but they are outside the top 4 which will ultimately prove too difficult. I think Hawthorn have flat tracked against some average teams and could get exposed under final's pressure due to inexperience.
Hawthorn have no expectations and can lay it all on the line, sometimes those young teams just get an adrenaline run on and they seem unstoppable. If Hawthorn do win you'd almost expect them to run through the loser of Port and Geelong.

Hawthorn may only need to play away once in the finals the prelim in Sydney. They have been playing some crazy good footy recently.

Look i'll give Port some credit for finishing second but they have been kissed on the dick in the last few rounds.

They've vs'd a bunch of teams who lost extremely key players while they kept theres. I think geelong are a huge chance to knock them over

Don’t mind the two key backs in Houston and Faz. But sure. Also Geelong needs a capital.

Yep, their season starts now. Not a lot different to previous years they have finished top four in terms of how they made top 4.

Key difference this year for September is JHF.

He has a hardness to him that none of their other mids have.

And starting to control games.

Even today, without him, Freo win.
Forget butters, JHF is the one to really clamp down on. Good as butters is, JHF is a goalkicking mid that can break the game open

So Allegedly it was a Saints fan who threw the bottle, was aiming at a Carlton fan but missed and it hit the umpire.

Wonder if the AFL will mention more about it

Both Fremantle and Adelaide are really examples of a team taking on the characteristics of their coach, Adelaide have the issues of imposter syndrome and distrust that Nicks exudes as coach and Freo really has the issues of that introvert nature that Longmuir possesses where they are not aggressive enough in situations and seemingly wait for too many things to happen on field before implementing any action.
Contrast with:

Adelaide under Malcolm Blight - maverick, out-of-the-box, didn't pull it off all the time but when they did, they really did.

Brisbane under Leigh Matthews - brutal and brilliant.

Hawthorn under Alistair Clarkson - intelligent and ruthless.

Hmmm - not that it changes my opinion that Port win it, but 12 of their wins were against bottom 8 sides in the end. Interesting. Still, they have peaked at the perfect time, and everyone else is awful / flakey..

I don’t think I can watch the grand final if Port is there. Likewise Fremantle I know. The anxiety just isn’t worth it. I’ll take the cowards way out and just follow the scores and if it looks like they’re losing, turn on 😂

Let’s hope it doesn’t come to that. Should be an interesting finals… GWS and Port (ugh) the most likely from the top four. I think the Dogs will derail the Hawthorn train first up. If Carlton have players back, they aren’t without a chance against Brisbane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back