No Oppo Supporters 2024 AFL General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Grab the popcorn everyone

That's not a particularly shocking take is it? A straight sets and Ken is gone. A PF exit and he's probably gone anyway.

Kate Roffey (Melbourne President) goes on radio, has a car crash interview and announces there is no need for an external review of the club.
Few days later she 'steps down' and existing Board member Brad Green takes over as President.
Green announces there will be an external review.

HSUN tonight;
Melbourne has brought in an external consultant to review the club in a stunning backflip on its approach to the on and off-field problems which have plagued the Demons.

The Herald Sun understands Melbourne has appointed former All Blacks manager and leadership and culture expert Darren Shand to assess the club’s operations.
Shand, who spent one week with the club earlier in the season, will review the Demons’ football department alongside Melbourne CEO Gary Pert and interim president Brad Green.
The three men will form the panel which will attempt to get to the bottom of the club’s key failings....

confused.gif

Kate Roffey (Melbourne President) goes on radio, has a car crash interview and announces there is no need for an external review of the club.
Few days later she 'steps down' and existing Board member Brad Green takes over as President.

HSUN tonight;
Melbourne has brought in an external consultant to review the club in a stunning backflip on its approach to the on and off-field problems which have plagued the Demons.

The Herald Sun understands Melbourne has appointed former All Blacks manager and leadership and culture expert Darren Shand to assess the club’s operations.
Shand, who spent one week with the club earlier in the season, will review the Demons’ football department alongside Melbourne CEO Gary Pert and interim president Brad Green.
The three men will form the panel which will attempt to get to the bottom of the club’s key failings....

View attachment 2105451
Not sure Pert isn't part of the problem.
Last time they cleaned out the president, CEO and coach.

Not sure Pert isn't part of the problem.
Last time they cleaned out the president, CEO and coach.
Pert is absolutely one of the major problems.
Melbourne need to clean house completely. Coach/CEO/Football Dept and then on the field, dump Oliver for whatever you can along with any other problem players.

HSUN tonight;

View attachment 2105451
"Independent"

LOL

d63n4gi73nnd1.jpeg

I dunno whether I clicked on the wrong thing or is Musk's algorithm is on the fuzz, but my twitter feed is inundated with Carlton morons and Collingwood imbeciles arguing over which team sucks more.

Fortunately, I just learnt how to mute certain words. So adding 'Flagpies' and 'Crippa' should hopefully give the feed a good flush.

I dunno whether I clicked on the wrong thing or is Musk's algorithm is on the fuzz, but my twitter feed is inundated with Carlton morons and Collingwood imbeciles arguing over which team sucks more.

Fortunately, I just learnt how to mute certain words. So adding 'Flagpies' and 'Crippa' should hopefully give the feed a good flush.

You might be looking at "For You" not "Following". The "For You" is such a weak collection of what Twitter thinks you might be interested in that I rarely bother with it.

VFL Final on the weekend.
Daniel Lloyd got 3 weeks for this (can be reduced to 2 with an early guilty plea).
xldwTvGy.jpg

Video is here (and doesn't make the hit look any better)

Could have put the guy (Harrison Minton-Connell, son of) in a wheelchair for the rest of his life, but Heeney accidentally gives a guy a bloody nose and it is deemed intentional because it was considered off the ball and cops a one week suspension.

Not news to anyone but the system is broken.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

VFL Final on the weekend.
Daniel Lloyd got 3 weeks for this (can be reduced to 2 with an early guilty plea).
View attachment 2106061

Video is here (and doesn't make the hit look any better)

Could have put the guy (Harrison Minton-Connell, son of) in a wheelchair for the rest of his life, but Heeney accidentally gives a guy a bloody nose and it is deemed intentional because it was considered off the ball and cops a one week suspension.

Not news to anyone but the system is broken.
Great work Mr Biker

An interesting piece from the Mongrel on Carlton. They are so f*cked.
I actually prefer the Carlton player ratings.

Giving some bloke a 0/10 is brutal …. but not as brutal as the commentary around Oraaazio Fantasia.

A lot of people thinking Ginnivan was the victim of a media beat-up last week. He knows exactly what he is doing, and so do the media. Their relationship is symbiotic at this point.
I'm still struggling to understand WTH the manufactured outrage was all about. He went out, caught up with some mates, drank water and was home by 9pm.

I'm still struggling to understand WTH the manufactured outrage was all about. He went out, caught up with some mates, drank water and was home by 9pm.
I'd say you answered your own question with the bolded Ticks.

Put it this way, there's a reason we heard and saw Jack Ginnivan at the pub the night before a game, and not Jai Newcombe, Jack Scrimshaw, Dylan Moore, or any other Hawks player, despite Sam Mitchell revealing many were out for dinner as well.

The media knows Ginnivan will take the bait and run with it for attention. Which means more clicks, views etc. and exposure for the "journos."

Mutually-beneficial.

The only angle about it that I can understand is Cornes' point that you're putting yourself in a situation to make yourself the centre of attention, for punters to go up to you and abuse you or interact with you in some way, and when you know the media will fixate on it which could be a distraction for your teammates.

The only angle about it that I can understand is Cornes' point that you're putting yourself in a situation to make yourself the centre of attention, for punters to go up to you and abuse you or interact with you in some way, and when you know the media will fixate on it which could be a distraction for your teammates.
Bit of a stretch by Kane. It's only an issue because the media made it one.

But of course the media are going to fixate on a player being out the night before a final, how naive is Ginnivan? Not sure it's a stretch at all.

What about the other element of his point - if a patron at the pub films him, goes up to him, abuses him, assaults him, etc. there's just so much downside to going out for what upside?

I used to go to a pub in Camperdown on a Friday night after work in the early 2000’s and would run into a number of Swans enjoying a beer before a weekends game.

Kane just feels like he has to have an opinion on everything even though he probably did the same in his playing days.

I used to go to a pub in Camperdown on a Friday night after work in the early 2000’s and would run into a number of Swans enjoying a beer before a weekends game.

Kane just feels like he has to have an opinion on everything even though he probably did the same in his playing days.

I forgot that the early 2000s had the same access to a camera phone, social media and other levels of scrutiny we see now. You're spot on! Next you'll be saying that players should be able to light up a cigarette before games because they used to back in the day.

Add to that that this was a Final not a regular season game.

All Kane (and I) were saying was that it was a decision that had little upside and a lot of potential downside and didn't seem worth it. Kane even said going out to a restaurant etc. is a bit different to one of the most popular pubs in Melbourne.

Think some just seem desperate to disagree with Cornes rather than actually rationally considering the position put forth.

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters 2024 AFL General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back