Justin McInerneyKnee2-3 weeks3-4 weeks
Tom PapleyAnkle1-2 weeks2-3 weeks

TEST:
Lewis Melican (Hamstring)
Patrick Snell (Hamstring)

SEASON:
Jack Buller
Will Edwards

As much as i love JMac if hes not back for the QF, he doesn't get to play any further finals games

Horse has to stick with known quantities
If he's fit enough, we will play him - whether that's right or wrong remains to be seen - but based on historical evidence, if Horse think he's good to go, he will pick him.

Hopefully he can just return to the best 22, but he's not the worst sub option. Can play anywhere, really.

No doubt Jmac is an A grader but we’ve been bitten playing injured or underdone players in finals

And hes recovering from a pcl
It's an interesting one because generally speaking I agree with this, but McInerney isn't really comparable to a Mills or Reid, because of how damaging he can be on the outside.

At his best he offers very good defensive pressure, but he can still be effective for us just racking up uncontested possessions, and he could probably even play a role around goals.

I'd still want him to be close to 100%, but like I said, he's a player that would be a great option for the sub role if we're skeptical of his ability to compete for four quarters. I just think that unlike Mills and Reid, as long as he is able to run, he can still be a weapon for us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone know anything more about this injury? Rotten luck for the lad.

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk
Only what the club released in Tuesday's report: Will suffered a broken leg against Collingwood in the VFL. He will have surgery this week and will miss the remainder of the season.

No doubt Jmac is an A grader but we’ve been bitten playing injured or underdone players in finals

And hes recovering from a pcl

It's a 23 round season and players go into the finals with all sorts of niggles. Rarely is anyone at 100%. It's a matter of assessing how far from 100% they are, how valuable they are to the team and how they compare to the player who'd be coming into the team for them.

We've definitely made some bad calls in the past, but it's not realistic to think we're only going to be picking players who are cherry ripe.

It's a 23 round season and players go into the finals with all sorts of niggles. Rarely is anyone at 100%. It's a matter of assessing how far from 100% they are, how valuable they are to the team and how they compare to the player who'd be coming into the team for them.

We've definitely made some bad calls in the past, but it's not realistic to think we're only going to be picking players who are cherry ripe.

Getting Mills and Macca 2016 GF vibes with rushing JMac back and I htink Jmac is >>>> than both of them

Getting Mills and Macca 2016 GF vibes with rushing JMac back and I htink Jmac is >>>> than both of them
The only problem with that thinking is that we nearly won the 2016 GF... some iffy decisions go our way and we romp that in! Mills and Macca did not cause that loss...

Add Chad (calf) and Robbie (kidney) to the injury list

Touch wood Chad is OK for Adelaide next week, Robbie for 1st final 🤞

So it was kidney blow - I saw him struggling with what I thought was a lower back injury - I hope its not ruptured.

Too many loose fukn knees in todays footy🤬

A knee between the shoulder blades is a WORLD away from a knee at L5. Those ***** at the AFL need to wake up to this.

So it was kidney blow - I saw him struggling with what I thought was a lower back injury - I hope its not ruptured.

Too many loose fukn knees in todays footy🤬

A knee between the shoulder blades is a WORLD away from a knee at L5. Those ***** at the AFL need to wake up to this.
Horses words were out this week. Hopefully it's just a precautionary week off

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury 2024 injury thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back