List Mgmt. Collingwood FS & NGA "Peter Daicos Academy" kids

Remove this Banner Ad

FUTURE PIE ON SHOW

COLLINGWOOD father-son prospect Thomas McGuane will feature in Saturday morning's Grand Final curtain raiser at the MCG as the Magpies get a closer look at the 2025 draftee.

McGuane has been selected as part of the group of under-17s players to feature in the Marsh AFL National Futures program, with the contest ahead of the Sydney and Brisbane premiership decider.

The Western Jets talent, who is the son of former Magpie Mick, played under his dad's coached side Keilor last week in Melbourne to win a senior premiership with the club.

The talented midfielder showed exciting signs for Jets this year and is shaping as another potential father-son win for the Pies.

There will be a number of other players with notable bloodlines in the clash, including Cody Curtin (brother of Adelaide's Daniel), Willem Duursma (brother of Bomber Xavier and Kangaroo Zane), Kalani White (son of former Melbourne and Fremantle ruckman Jeff) and Zeke Uwland (brother of Gold Coast's Bodhi).

The game will start at 9.35am and be live streamed on AFL.com.au.

I've got no issue with what you're saying - to be top shelf, players need to be able to compete physically - if you're small and not quick, you'd want to have serious endurance - ala Sidey, who also has outstanding balance meaning he's belied his size with how strong he is over the footy.
Belied his 184cm 85kg size? Are you for real? Let’s not pretend that Sidey is a small player, he’s bang on the average size of an AFL mid (184.4cm and 80-90kg)

Belied his 184cm 85kg size? Are you for real? Let’s not pretend that Sidey is a small player, he’s bang on the average size of an AFL mid (184.4cm and 80-90kg)
That's a worry then, as Noble, Hill and Josh are the only smaller players in the Collingwood best 22 - after Sidey has put on about 5-10 kgs of muscle since being drafted - the first two fly and the last one has sublime evasion and skills. Makes manics point about size a bit more relevant than I thought.

FUTURE PIE ON SHOW

COLLINGWOOD father-son prospect Thomas McGuane will feature in Saturday morning's Grand Final curtain raiser at the MCG as the Magpies get a closer look at the 2025 draftee.

McGuane has been selected as part of the group of under-17s players to feature in the Marsh AFL National Futures program, with the contest ahead of the Sydney and Brisbane premiership decider.

The Western Jets talent, who is the son of former Magpie Mick, played under his dad's coached side Keilor last week in Melbourne to win a senior premiership with the club.

The talented midfielder showed exciting signs for Jets this year and is shaping as another potential father-son win for the Pies.

There will be a number of other players with notable bloodlines in the clash, including Cody Curtin (brother of Adelaide's Daniel), Willem Duursma (brother of Bomber Xavier and Kangaroo Zane), Kalani White (son of former Melbourne and Fremantle ruckman Jeff) and Zeke Uwland (brother of Gold Coast's Bodhi).

The game will start at 9.35am and be live streamed on AFL.com.au.
There's obviously no TV in the Duursma house. How many of them are there

That's a worry then, as Noble, Hill and Josh are the only smaller players in the Collingwood best 22 - after Sidey has put on about 5-10 kgs of muscle since being drafted - the first two fly and the last one has sublime evasion and skills. Makes manics point about size a bit more relevant than I thought.
Noble, Hill, Josh, Elliott, IQ, Schultz, Richards are all 180 or below. Richards obviously not best 22 yet but clearly is AFL standard.

So we have more than a quarter of our best 22 as shorter players. In terms of bulk, that’s really not something we should be concerned about with a 17 year old, particularly one that at first glance hasn’t got a super skinny build like WHE or Stephenson.

We can all watch him on Saturday morning. Which is good

Noble, Hill, Josh, Elliott, IQ, Schultz, Richards are all 180 or below. Richards obviously not best 22 yet but clearly is AFL standard.
Elliott is an explosive athlete. I don't think manic is putting IQ on a maccas diet. Schultz has trunks like Mihocek. I'd call them all bigger than Sidey. But yes he's bigger than I think of him. Josh would be the best athletic profile for McGuane then. His strengths will have to be strong. Not many in the league who are small without jets. Shame we're not getting Stringer to do a drive thru preseason with him.

Elliott is an explosive athlete. I don't think manic is putting IQ on a maccas diet. Schultz has trunks like Mihocek. I'd call them all bigger than Sidey. But yes he's bigger than I think of him. Josh would be the best athletic profile for McGuane then. His strengths will have to be strong. Not many in the league who are small without jets. Shame we're not getting Stringer to do a drive thru preseason with him.
None of those guys mentioned were first round picks, let alone potential top 5 in a week draft. I imagine it would be easier to make a call on a speculative small rather than a top 10 pick. Either way, I think you'll be impressed with young Tom on Saturday.

This rhetoric is ridiculous at this point. The kid has literally only just turned 17. If he hasn’t put on any size in the next 12 months then there might be cause for concern but at this point there’s no reason he couldn’t turn out to be a similar size as his dad who was 186cm in his playing days.

None of those guys mentioned were first round picks, let alone potential top 5 in a week draft. I imagine it would be easier to make a call on a speculative small rather than a top 10 pick. Either way, I think you'll be impressed with young Tom on Saturday.
Don't back down now. You've written him off as a weedy slow dud. I'm just backing your wisdom - despite how foolish that's been previously.

But yeah I think athleticism matters. If your small, be fast, and if not run run run all day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kid can obviously play. Led the U18 comp for disposals. Cal Twomey has been impressed and say he'll be a first rounder.
He is still growing in his body, he's just turned 17. Lets not project anything on him just yet.
Lets just enjoy as he enters his draft year

This is where he won the U14 BnF
b8ce005d36a6540884bd486367ccc10e.jpg

Then U16 runner up
2783a8626ce8fb0d12aa67d836f4d1f8.jpg

Playing against men

8a9e89dd4c0387941e8a27ff9d1962b0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood FS & NGA "Peter Daicos Academy" kids

Remove this Banner Ad

Back