Toast Charlie Dixon Retires

Remove this Banner Ad

Was a beast at his best. Injury derailed him at his peak but he still rebounded to be an All Australian for the first time at 30. Irrespective of the result and his inaccurate kicking, I still think his performance in the 2017 EF is the best finals performance from a Power player ever. And despite what many here think, he's one guy who visibly gave his all every week and always looked broken in defeat. All the best and thanks for giving it your all Charlie.

**** me, some of these posts are disgraceful. These players aren't just some disposable asset, they're people who try their best for our club. Respect costs nothing.

Provided many more highlights than he did lowlights and stood tall for us for a long time. Our only key forward All Australian outside of Warren. Thanks for giving it your all.

Love him or hate him he’s a player that always seemed to give 100 percent.
Injuries and game plan didn’t help him in the end and he clearly played one season too many.
Hopefully his retirement will be a catalyst for a change to our forward play.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

**** me, some of these posts are disgraceful. These players aren't just some disposable asset, they're people who try their best for our club. Respect costs nothing.

Provided many more highlights than he did lowlights and stood tall for us for a long time. Our only key forward All Australian outside of Warren. Thanks for giving it your all.
Thanks for this sobering post. I am now going to rethink my way of life.

Yeah the disdain is nothing to do with his playing career m8.

LOL ... Some posters here really confirming the Port Adelaide Dickhead Supporter Meme is well and truly alive!

Big Charlie was a polarizing figure ... Offered so much, but really fizzled in the end. I dont blame him, even for his Port supporter comments. he was just parroting the same line fed by just about every media outlet & commentator & defending his coach.

Was actually so good before his injury, but was all downhill after that.

Last edited:
Was a beast at his best. Injury derailed him at his peak but he still rebounded to be an All Australian for the first time at 30. Irrespective of the result and his inaccurate kicking, I still think his performance in the 2017 EF is the best finals performance from a Power player ever. And despite what many here think, he's one guy who visibly gave his all every week and always looked broken in defeat. All the best and thanks for giving it your all Charlie.
Agree with all this.

His last 2 years have been those of a guy that just couldn't move anymore. He'd lost his speed and agility and with that his form dropped away horribly. It was time and the biggest shame is that though Lord was given the chance to take his spot, he couldn't grab it.

He's been a good servant and despite a few 'pro-Hinkley' lemming comments he's been a great contributor and certainly given us plenty.

Best of luck to him in the future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I noticed he didn't thank the fans/members in his PAFC retirement article.
lol because he had a whinge about getting bronxies

Destroyed his body playing the game. Deserves a bit of respect for that alone. All the best in your future endeavours Charlie.

Imagine if he'd learned to lead or told kernie bombing it on my head 100x a game doesn't work very well.

Played his best footy goalwise with the suns before even getting here in a much worse team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Charlie Dixon Retires

Remove this Banner Ad

Back