Toast Charlie Dixon Retires

Remove this Banner Ad

**** me, some of these posts are disgraceful. These players aren't just some disposable asset, they're people who try their best for our club. Respect costs nothing.

Provided many more highlights than he did lowlights and stood tall for us for a long time. Our only key forward All Australian outside of Warren. Thanks for giving it your all.

Couldn’t agree more. Embarrassing and justifying the comment some seem upset by.

AA Key Forward in a Ken Hinkley forward line. That's no mean feat.

Obviously a dumb campaigner but battled in a brutal, thankless role for us when he could have played anywhere else and retired with 200 more career goals, a couple of extra AA guernseys, a less battered body and a fanbase who loves him. I have full respect for him as a player.

Jeez feel like Charlie sacrificed robbie grays unborn child the way some posters are carrying on

All that aside. Did pretty well for a guy that was plastered as glass ankles to make all aus at 30 and kick 40+ goals twice with us. Will always remember turning up to a practice game vs richmond at etihad alone just to see the big man up close and live for the first time in our club colors and he ate dylan grimes during his first play and i thought hes not too bad this big bloke. Didnt help that the majority of the last 5 years or so our gameplan revolved around kicking it on his head whether he was in the forward 50 or on the wing and he would compete against someone holding him or multiple opponents.

But i think this was a great time to allow the next gen of LEADING forwards to come through and make us more dynamic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Charlie Dixon has the biggest hand I've ever shaken, it was like a dinner plate!

As much as he was becoming a liability, he always gave his all to the club.

Despite his tough persona, I don't recall him ever being suspended. A gentle, angry giant.

Amazing how thin-skinned the Port forum bros are. One comment from a frustrated club man and you all go to water.

Thanks for everything Charlie! A great career 🙌
one comment lol. Are people just wilfully ignorant or ill informed?

Thanks for the memories.

Was an excellent player when up and about and provided much needed belief for others too.

A shame he had to battle away in the madness of our forward structures but gave his absolute every time he pulled on the jumper.

A very good player and an even better teammate.

Hope life is kind, and thanks Charlie.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Charlie Dixon Retires

Remove this Banner Ad

Back