Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask and we'll try our best to assist - so here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

As normal, would like to acknowledge & thank Lore for creating this, keeping it up to date and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

Also,

2024 Free Agency Period

The AFL introduced free agency at the end of the 2012 season, giving players another vehicle where they can transfer from one club to another. Free agency is a common form of player movement in major football and sporting codes around the world.

Free Agency Opens: Friday October 4 at 9.00am
Free Agency Closes: Friday October 11 at 5.00pm

Continental Tyres AFL Trade Period

Trade Period Opens: Monday October 7 at 9.00am
Trade Period Closes: Wednesday October 16 at 7.30pm

Do you have an opinion about why the standoff is occurring?

You said Bulldogs’ B&F is tonight.

Any chance Smith has cold feet?

He’s waiting to hear of an offer to Oliver + perhaps holding out for more $$$?

Obviously I’m speculating.

Both Dogs and Cats have a tradition of being hard to deal with in recent times. Read hard to deal with as ..not willing to roll over…however ..BSmith is OOC …so in the end Dogs have to take less ..like most clubs do when trading an uncontracted player…but it probably takes till late in the trade period(which has not even started yet) … so as far as stand off goes ..there is no really pressure on anyone to concede yet ..but eventually ..getting less than ideal is better than nothing.

Can anyone give the gist of this? it's paywalled.
Sounds like Geelong rolled out the red carpet for Oliver.

Various accounts on Twitter:
Lunch with Hawkins at the Geelong Hotel;
Rhys Stanley + Joel Selwood with Oliver lining up to ride the Ferris wheel at Eastern Beach;
Visit to Stanley’s farm with Tom Stewart;
Meeting with Steve Hocking + football boss Andrew Mackie*.

* Here’s another twist. . .
“The Age’s Sam McClure on Tuesday morning, the four-time club best and fairest winner is set to meet with Geelong’s chief executive Steve Hocking and football boss Andrew Mackie; unbeknownst to the Demons at the time of the report.

The meeting follows McClure’s report on Monday evening that the Cats were believed to be a club who could be keen on adding Oliver, but Adelaide and St Kilda were also considering a move for the 27-year-old last year.”
https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/st...1VlaFFPTzVGSWc0X2kxZVdFNzdNdWpueU1nbEdjd1FsOQ..

Both Dogs and Cats have a tradition of being hard to deal with in recent times. Read hard to deal with as ..not willing to roll over…however ..BSmith is OOC …so in the end Dogs have to take less ..like most clubs do when trading an uncontracted player…but it probably takes till late in the trade period(which has not even started yet) … so as far as stand off goes ..there is no really pressure on anyone to concede yet ..but eventually ..getting less than ideal is better than nothing.
The bulldogs will want smith 2022 payment, not 2024 smith payment that has a blown out acl and uncontracted adjustment.

They need to factor that into their expectations.

I understand why he did as I have 2 kids on the spectrum and we have had to do much the same move for my sons school. It was fair enough. But for the same reason I doubt he leaves WA again
Wow mate. I didn't know that. I hope everything is travelling ok.
Have they diagnosed a particular condition? i.e Pitt Hopkins, Angleman. Or did they just say lvl 2 autism (for example).

Well sneaking into the pool and skinny dipping with misso, that's kinda a little cute and cheeky, not too worried about that. The window punching considerably less so but is it possible he saw his reflection in it and thought he was being attacked by Sloth from the goonies? 😉
The Goonies Chuck GIF
Heeeeeyyy yyoooooooo ggggguuuuuuuyyyyysssssss!!!!!

Maybe he just wanted a Baby Ruth!!!

The bulldogs will want smith 2022 payment, not 2024 smith payment that has a blown out acl and uncontracted adjustment.

The Bulldogs are taking a knife to a gun fight. They can huff and puff all they like (to keep supporters happy) but they know how this story ends.

Brayden Pruess just on trade radio. Seems desperate to play on at another club. Geelong was thrown around
Throw them a 4th rounder or 5th round pick and thanks for coming.

It was a VFL season studded with success for first-year Werribee defender Riley Bice.
The stylish left-footer was invited to the AFL draft state combine, to be held this Sunday; was a finalist in the prestigious Fothergill-Round-Mitchell Medal as the league’s best Under 24 player and was named in the VFL team of the year; figured in the Bees’ first flag since 1993; and was judged his club’s best-first year player.

He also finished fourth in Werribee’s best and fairest.

AFL interest in the Albury product was reaffirmed yesterday when he was asked to present at the MCG this Saturday for a medical.

Richmond VFL’s Fothergill-Round-Mitchell Medal winner Sam “Doc’’ Davidson was also invited, as were Dandenong Stingrays surprise package Sam Toner, Josaia Delana of the GWS Academy, Oliver Hannaford of the GWV Rebels, Zane Cochrane of Oakleigh Chargers, Asher Eastham of Gippsland Power, Xavier Ivisic of Geelong Falcons, Nash King of Calder Cannons and Jhett Haeata of Sandringham Dragons.

He tore us a new one in the final series... 35 touches 9 marks

How does that work DAKP?

I want my 24yo figure back 😃

While I understand clubs want the highest $$$ for trading players, to satisfy relevant parties, common sense must prevail.

Certainly do need to include it into their expectations.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dogs are looking to take to the last day. Be surprised if they've met yet.

Just pointless brinkmanship
It still doesnt explain why he hasnt publicly nominated us, surely doing that puts it onto the dogs to start discussions, too much pussy footing around these days, im half expecting him to backflip and end up somewhere else.

It still doesnt explain why he hasnt publicly nominated us, surely doing that puts it onto the dogs to start discussions, too much pussy footing around these days, im half expecting him to backflip and end up somewhere else.
He also just might not come out and say it publicly. Don't know that making public demands would align to his brand management

It could be that he’s not confident Geelong can get a deal done.

Reports are that Geelong are only offering a first and some change which Sam Power has gone on record saying “not even close”.

A deal will most likely get done, but Geelong have to start trading in good faith.

It could be that he’s not confident Geelong can get a deal done.

Reports are that Geelong are only offering a first and some change which Sam Power has gone on record saying “not even close”.

A deal will most likely get done, but Geelong have to start trading in good faith.
That’s all his worth.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back