Oppo Camp Other Clubs News/General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Owies has averaged 1.4 goals a game over the last 2 years. Thats elite for a small forward.

700k seems market value for elite small forwards.
He has significant flaws too though. His pace makes Ginnivan look like lightning and he has the turning circle of a Mack truck. He did well this year for Carlton but honestly it will probably be a career year for him and his club still doesn’t even want him, so…🤷🏻

Can't just look at goal average, too contextual, and there's a lot more required of small forwards than that. The fact that Blues don't have great small forwards and don't want him tells you something. I don't see him as an elite small forward.

So what isn't he doing besides kicking goals? I've got Carlton mates who go to every game and they don't want him gone.

So what isn't he doing besides kicking goals? I've got Carlton mates who go to every game and they don't want him gone.
He doesn’t get much of the footy, isn’t involved in a heap of scoring besides his own goalkicking, and applies mediocre pressure. He’s a good opportunist, but does little else.

If reports of his contract demands are accurate, then it makes sense why he’s being booted.

He doesn’t get much of the footy, isn’t involved in a heap of scoring besides his own goalkicking, and applies mediocre pressure. He’s a good opportunist, but does little else.

If reports of his contract demands are accurate, then it makes sense why he’s being booted.
they still have Orazio, which is owies minus the goals 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Herald Sun reports Owies is expected to ask for a multi-year deal worth $700,000 to $800,000 a season, which even with the $2 million bump in the salary cap for 2025 would put him well above the average wage.😳😳😳
I assume that’s a misprint and he’s after 800,000 in total 😂

mediocre pressure?

he is above average for tackles and elite for F50 tackles. his 14.6 pressure acts a game is better than Elliott, Bobby Hill but less than Schultz (16.8).

Carlton have a cap issue, with 4 mega contracts, that's why he is on the outer. I don't know if he is worth 700k but when you see some of these deals who knows.

The Herald Sun reports Owies is expected to ask for a multi-year deal worth $700,000 to $800,000 a season, which even with the $2 million bump in the salary cap for 2025 would put him well above the average wage.😳😳😳
I thought I'd give him the benefit of the doubt and at least have a look at his stats. They certainly don't scream $700-$800K, even if he did kick 33 goals (I may be letting my dislike of him cloud my judgement, but I just wonder how many Joe the Gooses were in that tally). If he wants that much, perhaps theres a reason Carlton havent signed him.

I thought I'd give him the benefit of the doubt and at least have a look at his stats. They certainly don't scream $700-$800K, even if he did kick 33 goals (I may be letting my dislike of him cloud my judgement, but I just wonder how many Joe the Gooses were in that tally). If he wants that much, perhaps theres a reason Carlton havent signed him.
Yeah makes sense if that is true and why no one is jumping out for him even with the 33 goals.

**** me. Embarrassing from the parents to call up the radio and have a cry about that.
Normally I'd agree. They paid $65 a head for this though I believe. I'd be a bit shitty too as a parent (Not shitty enough to ring a radio station mind you) Those 2 clowns seem to be so far ahead of themselves. Hope they get pulled into line at some stage

I can't comprehend why the media thinks Rioli is worth so much.

Pick 6 is overs let alone adding 23 into the mix.

I feel like Jon Ralph has even brainwashed his colleagues!

A very good chance of selecting the next Richard Tambling. Exciting times at Tigerland.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Other Clubs News/General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back