Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

Cheers to Lore for their hard work in setting this up, and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft - and please practice patience grasshoppers if it's not updated in the immediate aftermath of completed trade

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

Also,

2024 Free Agency Period

The AFL introduced free agency at the end of the 2012 season, giving players another vehicle where they can transfer from one club to another. Free agency is a common form of player movement in major football and sporting codes around the world.

Free Agency Opens: Friday October 4 at 9.00am
Free Agency Closes: Friday October 11 at 5.00pm

Continental Tyres AFL Trade Period

Trade Period Opens: Monday October 7 at 9.00am
Trade Period Closes: Wednesday October 16 at 7.30pm

Port: 13, 29 and Joe Richards for Dan Houston.
Upgrade from 39 to 36 and 58 to 50.

GC: Future 1st for Lukosius and Atkins (salary dump)

That's essentially the trade on Port's end. Truthfully, still looks miles better than the WC trade.

In the PSD - yes

In the ND - no
Kurt Tippett 2011 is the best equivalent forced to the PSD and got through to the Swans the club he nominated in the first place after putting a huge price on himself. I reckon that an the unwritten rule among clubs to respect players wishes to get to the club of their choice in these circumstances carries little risk.Had he been talking with other clubs had medicales excetra I'd agreed with you.

I gather posters are suggesting we go with the PSD.

Trillion to one chance, I would have thought.

The longer this trade period gos… and mackie does nothing but sits on his hands... …the smarter he is looking
Not sure about that he could have been targeting other players or improving/ swapping picks rather that just the aSmith deal surely!

To stop another club from giving us **** all instead of a first rounder? I'd do it.
You then have to bring back a player that asked to leave and have him play for a coach that hasn't established himself. If I was yze i would veto that. They'd also walk away from a 2nd rounder.

The bluff only works if you can make the other party believe you'd do it and there's nothing Richmond could say that would make me believe they'd take him.

😂, SOS always going to try to get back players he's previously drafted

I've watched Kemp a bit because people on here wanted to take him draft night instead of Cooper Stephens and I think he is at the same level as Cooper ie not AFL standard. Probably would have been a better player to push out than Owies all things considered.

Kurt Tippett 2011 is the best equivalent forced to the PSD and got through to the Swans the club he nominated in the first place after putting a huge price on himself. I reckon that an the unwritten rule among clubs to respect players wishes to get to the club of their choice in these circumstances carries little risk.Had he been talking with other clubs had medicales excetra I'd agreed with you.
No club would take him if he didnt want to go. Because one day, they might be in that same position. Prisoners Dilemma. All the negotiators know this and are too mature to burn bridges.

They might consider it if they have met with him and he was ok with their club. To this regard - all he has to do is refuse meetings with the clubs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As a quiet, very shy + modest member of our board, you would all recognise just how much attention makes me blush + that I shun the limelight.

shy snow white GIF

Accordingly, in my polite, bashful way, may I please say. . .

FFS!!!

Just get the SMITH TRADE done TODAY!!!

It’s my birthday!

🥳 🎁 🎂 🥂 🍾 🥂 🎂 🎁 🥳

IMG_0894.gif

I've watched Kemp a bit because people on here wanted to take him draft night instead of Cooper Stephens and I think he is at the same level as Cooper ie not AFL standard. Probably would have been a better player to push out than Owies all things considered.
He is a much better player than Stephens, come on now

As a quiet, very shy + modest member of our board, you would all recognise just how much attention makes me blush + that I shun the limelight.

shy snow white GIF

Accordingly, in my polite, bashful way, may I please say. . .

FFS!!!

Just get the SMITH TRADE done TODAY!!!

It’s my birthday!

🥳 🎁 🎂 🥂 🍾 🥂 🎂 🎁 🥳

View attachment 2142595

Happy Birthday Kitty!!

Apparently pick 50 was already in the deal they pulled out of last night. They were lured back in with… nothing. lol

Now I'm not sure what's worse

• being looked lured back in by pick 50, or
  • nothing changing and deciding it's probably as good as it's going to get

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back