Hot Topic Carlton 2024 Trade Discussion

What is Austin going to do now?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

You know who should have gone. Pittonet, Young, Fantasia. Not Kennedy and Owies.
Blatant list mismanagement and the reason why we will probably waste this era.
Kennedy - Wilson, Lord, Campo, Pick 3
Owies - Motlop, Durdin, E Hollands, Moir

We have replacements ready to cover those players and I think they're probably getting in the way of their development and cap space.

Young, Pitto - They're both cover players in positions that are hard to find mature bodies that can play a role.
Fantasia - Depth role player.

You know who should have gone. Pittonet, Young, Fantasia. Not Kennedy and Owies.
Blatant list mismanagement and the reason why we will probably waste this era.

Thanks for signing up 2 days ago, you can probably p*** off now.

Pittonett - our only backup ruck
Fantastia - contracted and nobody would want him
Young - contracted and nobody did want him
Pittonet, better off without ruck cover, 4 yr deal was it, madness
Fantasia- We wanted him and signed him, yeah other clubs have more brains.. hence the mismangement, but not only that someone down there promised him games, someone that should never have anything to do with signing players ever again.
Young- same as above
I see this as an indictment. Once is bad enough.

Kennedy - Wilson, Lord, Campo, Pick 3
Owies - Motlop, Durdin, E Hollands, Moir

We have replacements ready to cover those players and I think they're probably getting in the way of their development and cap space.

Young, Pitto - They're both cover players in positions that are hard to find mature bodies that can play a role.
Fantasia - Depth role player.
This is pure cope, Owies kicked over 30 goals, Kennedy kick 16 goals ave.24 disp. With limited opportunity i might add.
Young is not depth at all if he is barely VFL standard you simply cannot play him and expect to beat good teams, ditto Pitto.
They are list cloggers not depth, that is my argument.

This is pure cope, Owies kicked over 30 goals, Kennedy kick 16 goals ave.24 disp. With limited opportunity i might add.
Young is not depth at all if he is barely VFL standard you simply cannot play him and expect to beat good teams, ditto Pitto.
Your argument is very ill founded

Come on man. Kennedy played 24 games and had 424 disposals for an average of 17.66 touches per game. If you are doing the sad sack routine you probably get more brownie points by telling the truth.

Pittonet? When we have no other ready to go ruck? And Young with no key defensive depth? We can cover Owies and Kennedy so much easier, what your suggesting would be blatant list mismanagement
Again if Pittonet is the only other option it's more of an indictment. Same re Young.
How bout some accountability for those mistakes which is also something we lack along with any actual effective 2nd key back or ruck depth. It wasn't long ago they though he was a better option than TDK.
That is how clueless they are, not sure how people keep defending this tbh.
How long did it take them to wake up you can't play them both together.
Then just when you think they'd finally figured this out they did it again lol smh.

2nd round this year (even late) is worth more than 2nd round next year. If we need to trade it out for future picks, it will be easy to find buyers. Might not be so easy to get back in.

If the Ben bid comes after this pick, then it’s a decent trade.

Might need Ben to start dropping some Diddy jokes into his interviews…

It’s a wayyyy better deal than Pick 32 for Kemp, pumped we won’t have to play a complete tortoise midfield or plug holes in positions not suited to because we feel we have to.

It’s time to change up the mix and get some pace into the team.

We’ll hold and see if we can use it on draft night which I’m sure is the preference, if not we’ll trade for a future pick which isn’t the end of the world either

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Richmond are absolutely killing it, the Baker Bolton trade was phenomenal and the Rioli trade was a fair exchange that helps set the standard for Gold Coast going forward.

They are going to bounce back within 2 years with the sheer influx of talent and the existing supporting cast for the contested work. It's wild, and I'm jealous that they'll be able to pick away at the types that the draft is rich in early: mids, small/general forwards and defenders, rucks.

Respect your opinion and insight generally, but this is a tiny bit arrogant. If Tauru can be had later and they're that keen, they'll work a deal with Richmond or the Saints.

If we have designs on trading with Richmond on draft night - and who wouldn't - we may need to pull the trigger before them if we want to shift down.
Sorry this wasn’t meant to come across as arrogant.
More just a statement of intent. I’m of the understanding that the Roos will want to take a tall player with their pick.

It happens regularly, nobody thought Cadman was going at 1. But the Giants wanted him, and made sure they got him, rather than take the risk.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry this wasn’t meant to come across as arrogant.
More just a statement of intent. I’m of the understanding that the Roos will want to take a tall player with their pick.

It happens regularly, nobody thought Cadman was going at 1. But the Giants wanted him, and made sure they got him, rather than take the risk.
Cadman was out there playing like Charlie Curnow as a junior, he was going to go top 3, Tauru feels like much more of a reach, especially in this draft.

Assuming we're angling for a DFA or SSP signing, I hope we're canvasing turning 3 & 38 into something like 6 & 11 or 7 & 8.

Cadman was out there playing like Charlie Curnow as a junior, he was going to go top 3, Tauru feels like much more of a reach, especially in this draft.

Assuming we're angling for a DFA or SSP signing, I hope we're canvasing turning 3 & 38 into something like 6 & 11 or 7 & 8.
Curnow's draft reports are so fun to look back and read.

Not a good set shot and not a great field kick either... lazy (even though he was one of the highest scorers in the beep test).
On the plus side he is a great contested mark, and has huge upside. Likely to be a Jake Stringer type player....

Pure gold.

I would of thought Harry Armstrong would be the player the Roo's need. Shame they didn't take Logan McDonald when they had the chance.

I'd be surprised if the tigers did 6 and 11, this is their version of our 2015 draft.
With the most of the top 10 prospects being mids, I think they would be happy with 6 and 11 as it would allow them to take 2 good mids, then get a spread of key position players/flankers.

As for the Saints, I just don't see a world in which SOS would do a trade with us that didn't end up with us looking like complete fools. On top of that, Smillie and Travaglia will be around at pick 7 and 8 which both fit needs for their list.

I think we are pretty set on taking 3 to the draft. 38 is a wait and see prospect. If we don't have to match a bit, great, but if we do, Austin is working on scenario's to trade down on draft night, ideally for a later pick with points for this draft and a future second, which will give us more flexibility to either trade back in or trade next year. As we will have 2 F2s.

I'd be surprised if the tigers did 6 and 11, this is their version of our 2015 draft.
With the most of the top 10 prospects being mids, I think they would be happy with 6 and 11 as it would allow them to take 2 good mids, then get a spread of key position players/flankers.

As for the Saints, I just don't see a world in which SOS would do a trade with us that didn't end up with us looking like complete fools. On top of that, Smillie and Travaglia will be around at pick 7 and 8 which both fit needs for their list.

I think we are pretty set on taking 3 to the draft. 38 is a wait and see prospect. If we don't have to match a bit, great, but if we do, Austin is working on scenario's to trade down on draft night, ideally for a later pick with points for this draft and a future second, which will give us more flexibility to either trade back in or trade next year. As we will have 2 F2s.
I mean they currently have 8 picks in what will wind up being the top 25 or so of the draft, I get that they just opened up 8 list spots, but they may have an eye to grab a little experience through the DFA and SPSS period.

Under those circumstances, a trade up like I'm describing may help them better trade out in the second round.

Looking forward to seeing how this draft order shakes out, but I have a nagging feeling we really could have had a combo like Hotton and Hynes with what we already had.

I mean they currently have 8 picks in what will wind up being the top 25 or so of the draft, I get that they just opened up 8 list spots, but they may have an eye to grab a little experience through the DFA and SPSS period.

Under those circumstances, a trade up like I'm describing may help them better trade out in the second round.

Looking forward to seeing how this draft order shakes out, but I have a nagging feeling we really could have had a combo like Hotton and Hynes with what we already had.
I was excited about the prospect of getting Travaglia and Berry/Hynes or even Lindsey.

I think Travaglia will be gone by 12 though, and given our history with the Pioneers players, maybe for the best.

What we get with the top 3 pick, which we won't with the slightly later ones, is a genuine goal kicking, fast and agile mid.

The later picks have players that can do some of those things, but the top 3-5 mids Lalor/FOS/Jagga/Draper/Reid can really be that game x factor mid-fwd we lack.

I was excited about the prospect of getting Travaglia and Berry/Hynes or even Lindsey.

I think Travaglia will be gone by 12 though, and given our history with the Pioneers players, maybe for the best.

What we get with the top 3 pick, which we won't with the slightly later ones, is a genuine goal kicking, fast and agile mid.

The later picks have players that can do some of those things, but the top 3-5 mids Lalor/FOS/Jagga/Draper/Reid can really be that game x factor mid-fwd we lack.
Look I agree to a point, but Jagga and Reid lack body strength, Draper lacks the ability to really burn away after the first 5m, Lalor has durability and probably endurance issues, while O'Sullivan is still more of a project until you can get guarantees on first few steps and how he kicks through the ball.

Hotton matches up well in that grouping if he's fit, and Smillie is someone I feel you should be including in that mix as he's freakishly athletic for his size and takes the game on with his kicking.

Hynes is one who I feel is going to make it right onto the heels of that group as clubs figure out he has a very complete game, and that his athleticism can unlock a lot more.

It's a very talented draft group, with mental fortitude being the thing that will create the standout players over time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hot Topic Carlton 2024 Trade Discussion

Back