Hot Topic Carlton 2024 Trade Discussion

What is Austin going to do now?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Fairly reliable Twitter source is saying the Dogs are offering Caleb Daniel and 63 for MK7.

Daniel is a quality ball user we could do with on almost all lines of the field.

Wonder what his remaining salary is and if he’s keen to move to us

Fairly reliable Twitter source is saying the Dogs are offering Caleb Daniel and 63 for MK7.

Daniel is a quality ball user we could do with on almost all lines of the field.

You'd think they rather 25 from the roos and then just give us a later pick for MK.

I would take him but only if the plan is to be our main architect off half back. Don't rate him in any other position.

I reckon the MK deal will get done with Daniel (unsure about the picks but I think we'd use him).

Tigs complete their first round draft coup. Sunnyboys get some late picks to cover Lombard along with Rioli.
Fair Chance Lombard wouldn't be selected before pick 6 so they probably traded out for nothing and missed out on elite talent. They are massively over paying and now have a reputation as a laughing stock at the draft table.

I think the Bombers flinched as well. Kako is not getting taken at 8 especially with the Saints at 7and 8 not needing a small forward. Traded out of a strong draft to delay their list refresh by a year.

Richmond are absolutely killing it, the Baker Bolton trade was phenomenal and the Rioli trade was a fair exchange that helps set the standard for Gold Coast going forward.

They are going to bounce back within 2 years with the sheer influx of talent and the existing supporting cast for the contested work. It's wild, and I'm jealous that they'll be able to pick away at the types that the draft is rich in early: mids, small/general forwards and defenders, rucks.
North will do a North and take a left field choice, Tauru or Armstrong. They cannot take more mids.

Our pick 3 is effectively pick 4 because of Ashcroft but its effectively pick 3 because of North.
Respect your opinion and insight generally, but this is a tiny bit arrogant. If Tauru can be had later and they're that keen, they'll work a deal with Richmond or the Saints.

If we have designs on trading with Richmond on draft night - and who wouldn't - we may need to pull the trigger before them if we want to shift down.

Last edited:
Trade Deadline on AFL.com, riveting stuff...
292b300ce7fe724fe7d44147f4b73305.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kennedy trade was dumb. Either Elijah and some others are going to have to step up into the midfield because heaven forbid we lose a Cripps or Hewett due to injury. Dogs have more midfield depth and yet can give him midfield time.

Dogs needed Kennedy they would have coughed up 25, we wouldn't make good poker players. Dogs would be thrilled and having a bit of a chuckle at us and rightfully so.

I don't mind the Kennedy trade provided we can use 38 before a Campo bid which is 50/50 at best.

Kennedy is a great clubman and person.

But our midfield is treacle slow when you play Kennedy, Cripps and Hewitt.

Plus Lord and Carroll deserve a look.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hot Topic Carlton 2024 Trade Discussion

Back