Player Watch #?: Caleb Daniel - Welcome to North Melbourne - NM trade R2(25) for CD

Remove this Banner Ad

In fairness just because the North board was looking at him doesn't mean he's on our draft board.
Excuse Me Reaction GIF

I didn't see other clubs clamoring for his services.

We were the only ones irresponsible enough to give up a high second round pick for for him.

He'll be good for us, and I like him, but we overpaid.
Want to know what happens when other clubs are clamoring for a players services? Houston.

For all the negative nancys talking about his short kicking, high handball game, in his hb years he was over 400m gained per match. About 3rd or 4th at north in 2024.

Not sure what role he played in the final but he was the most metres gained vs hawks

I'll clarify my comment - because it was the last one addressing Caleb's kicking before yours, even if you weren't addressing me.

His short and medium kicking is fine. Elite actually. I just wouldn't want to see him taking our kick ins purely because I wouldn't back his teammates to be moving right for him to really utilise it.

Would rather a Lmac bomb to 60-70m and pray it goes out of bounds so we get a stoppage than have Caleb try to spot up Lmac just itching to misread it.

I'll clarify my comment - because it was the last one addressing Caleb's kicking before yours, even if you weren't addressing me.

His short and medium kicking is fine. Elite actually. I just wouldn't want to see him taking our kick ins purely because I wouldn't back his teammates to be moving right for him to really utilise it.

Would rather a Lmac bomb to 60-70m and pray it goes out of bounds so we get a stoppage than have Caleb try to spot up Lmac just itching to misread it.
I wouldn't mind for Mckercher to continue to take some and gain the extra yards and then stay upfield.

No worries. I read what you wrote and it wasn’t addressed at you.

I agree with the premise of what you’re saying. Same argument could be applied to Kerch who isn’t a long kick.

Too often I’ve been frustrated with our players and their inability to recognise how far their team mates can kick.

No worries. I read what you wrote and it wasn’t addressed at you.

I agree with the premise of what you’re saying. Same argument could be applied to Kerch who isn’t a long kick.

Too often I’ve been frustrated with our players and their inability to recognise how far their team mates can kick.

Thankfully kerch has a bit more toe so at least he can move the ball in that way.

Daniel isn't quick. But I'd love to see him further up and kicking into our forwardline. Would suddenly play into larkey's strengths rather than have it bombed on his head where he gets out muscled and sadly sometimes gives up (who could blame him when it happens so repeatedly?)

I wouldn't mind for Mckercher to continue to take some and gain the extra yards and then stay upfield.

Good way to shake a tag.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Overall, I wouldn’t think Fisher is overjoyed with Daniel’s arrival. Caleb strikes me as the exact same player, albeit, with a better and more dependable kick.
With a heavy front ended contract he may find himself delisted in 2026. Well the saying goes, nothing improves performances like competition for spots

Kerch may well surpass him, but as it stands, Sheezel is the only player we've got with better IQ, vision and skills.

Much better highlights. What stands out is his ability to pick the ball up off his toes, he will need that skill set from some of the handball receives he’ll get.

We never overpaid for ahern, he may have underdelivered but cost nothing.
Pick 69.

Bonar was pick 47 or something like that.

Hardly heavy price tags. So a 3rd and a 4th round pick?

Paul Ahern was a mystery wrapped in an enigma. He played a handful of really good games to start and then evaporated to nothing in the blink of an eye.

Pick 69.

Bonar was pick 47 or something like that.

Hardly heavy price tags. So a 3rd and a 4th round pick?

Paul Ahern was a mystery wrapped in an enigma. He played a handful of really good games to start and then evaporated to nothing in the blink of an eye.
Pick 69 was a very hefty price to pay thank you very much. :stern look

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #?: Caleb Daniel - Welcome to North Melbourne - NM trade R2(25) for CD

Remove this Banner Ad

Back