Player Watch #?: Jacob Konstanty - Welcome to North Melbourne - traded with L.Parker for Pick 44

Remove this Banner Ad

We're due for one of these gambles to pay off. Seems a good kid so hope it works out for him and us. There's certainly a spot up for grabs, so hope he takes it with both hands
Old mate Ross having a normal one in response to this. Actively disagreeing with a message of goodwill to a new North player. Hope whatever North merch he has in his house burns spontaneously and mysteriously to a crisp

Don't mind this.

He clearly hasn't lived up to his underage promise at the Swans, for a variety of reasons.

But he showed a lot in juniors, has occasionally shown excellent defensive application in the reserves, and he's been recruited to fill one of the two most dire positional vacancies for us. So it's a reasonable roll of the dice for us from a list balance perspective.

Hope we draft Berry or Hannaford, and Konstanty still demands a second small forward position in our best 23.

Don't mind this.

He clearly hasn't lived up to his underage promise at the Swans, for a variety of reasons.

But he showed a lot in juniors, has occasionally shown excellent defensive application in the reserves, and he's been recruited to fill one of the two most dire positional vacancies for us. So it's a reasonable roll of the dice for us from a list balance perspective.

Hope we draft Berry or Hannaford, and Konstanty still demands a second small forward position in our best 23.

We simply need better front half pressure.

JK isn’t Kossie Picket, but he’s a potential grafter with above average output. Most teams have them in abundance, see Hawthorn.

The ball currently leaves our F50 like a slingshot and is close to the worst on the league in a stat teams have been putting at the top of the priority list for 5+ years.

Zurhaar and Ford will be on notice. Curtis’ pressure numbers improved significantly from 2023 vs 2024.

Also why it’s utterly insane we offered Zurhaar the contract we did when he may be a big part of the problem they are actively trying to fix.

They won’t mask it with Jack Darling who I have a feeling was recruited in part because of his abnormal pressure numbers for his position.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it weird that he was let go after hardly any time in their system? Is there something suss here? He wasn’t a pick 45 or something. He went top 20.

I’m more excited about this one that the other three guys that have joined.

I think it’s Seeya later for Drury & Cooper though, especially with Hansen Jr getting another contract.

JK isn’t Kossie Picket, but he’s a potential grafter with above average output. Most teams have them in abundance, see Hawthorn.

The ball currently leaves our F50 like a slingshot and is close to the worst on the league in a stat teams have been putting at the top of the priority list for 5+ years.

Zurhaar and Ford will be on notice. Curtis’ pressure numbers improved significantly from 2023 vs 2024.

Also why it’s utterly insane we offered Zurhaar the contract we did when he may be a big part of the problem they are actively trying to fix.

They won’t mask it with Jack Darling who I have a feeling was recruited in part because of his abnormal pressure numbers for his position.
Hey Sphynx,

Could you please elaborate a bit more on this point? Just interested.

Do you rate Zurhaar?

Note: I agree the deal was too much, but I respect the ‘cultural value’ of keeping players like him during this time.

Hey Sphynx,

Could you please elaborate a bit more on this point? Just interested.

Do you rate Zurhaar?

Note: I agree the deal was too much, but I respect the ‘cultural value’ of keeping players like him during this time.

He’s the 68th ranked medium forward in the comp for pressure acts.

He’s about 38th for tackles.

He’s 22nd for goals per game and was matched by Curtis who is 5 years his junior this season.

We just signed him to a 5 year deal on big money.

It’s fair to say I think that was a mistake when we could have had a shot at another high draft pick if he left via FA. He’s easily replaceable and may simply be replaced in the coming years if he doesn’t pull his finger out and actually tries to defend instead of being a one way runner.

As I said, his stats stick out like a sore thumb as the big problem with our forward half pressure given he is the senior medium forward in the side.

Agree with everything you said here except the “it’s utterly insane we offered Zurhaar the contract we did” paragraph.

We’re not paying him top tier money, and we need experience to be competitive.

If and when Duursma supersedes him, it’s not like we’ve mortgaged the farm on Zurhaar.

Agree with everything you said here except the “it’s utterly insane we offered Zurhaar the contract we did” paragraph.

We’re not paying him top tier money, and we need experience to be competitive.

If and when Duursma supersedes him, it’s not like we’ve mortgaged the farm on Zurhaar.

It’s wasn’t my point.

My issue is the lost opportunity, his contract size was borderline Band 1, his suitor was supposedly Collingwood mid year, who triggered a Band 1 offer for the FA they eventually signed.

We won the lottery with McKay last year and could have done it two seasons in a row for someone I believe to be a problem statistically.

I viewed it as a way of absolutely getting ahead. We could have turned pick 2 & 3 into a war chest of mid first rounders if we wanted.

What’s done is done however.

It’s wasn’t my point.

My issue is the lost opportunity, his contract size was borderline Band 1, his suitor was supposedly Collingwood mid year, who triggered a Band 1 offer for the FA they eventually signed.

We won the lottery with McKay last year and could have done it two seasons in a row for someone I believe to be a problem statistically.

I viewed it as a way of absolutely getting ahead. We could have turned pick 2 & 3 into a war chest of mid first rounders if we wanted.

Yeah I disagree anyone would have given us band one compo, but that’s not a discussion for the Konts thread.

I agree with you 100% that if JK improves our f50 pressure, it will prove this decision was right.

It’s wasn’t my point.

Agreed however I reckon Zurhahaha is one of those types who will get better as the team gets better players in other words he will rise but isn’t capable of doing the lifting

He’s the 68th ranked medium forward in the comp for pressure acts.

He’s about 38th for tackles.

He’s 22nd for goals per game and was matched by Curtis who is 5 years his junior this season.

We just signed him to a 5 year deal on big money.

It’s fair to say I think that was a mistake when we could have had a shot at another high draft pick if he left via FA. He’s easily replaceable and may simply be replaced in the coming years if he doesn’t pull his finger out and actually tries to defend instead of being a one way runner.

As I said, his stats stick out like a sore thumb as the big problem with our forward half pressure given he is the senior medium forward in the side.
Appreciate the reply.
Don’t disagree either!

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #?: Jacob Konstanty - Welcome to North Melbourne - traded with L.Parker for Pick 44

Remove this Banner Ad

Back