Preview 2024 National Draft Preview Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeh they lost it in a game of Strip Poker with Carlton.

Must've been an awkward conversation the next day's recruiting meeting..

WC Recruiting Manager "Rare chance to get another elite talent like Harley this year. Draper, Lalor, Smith - we can't lose"

WC List Manager fidgeting awkwardly "Um..I need the toilet"
1729824215603.gif

Yeh they lost it in a game of Strip Poker with Carlton.

Must've been an awkward conversation the next day's recruiting meeting..

WC Recruiting Manager "Rare chance to get another elite talent like Harley this year. Draper, Lalor, Smith - we can't lose"

WC List Manager fidgeting awkwardly "Um..I need the toilet"
I still can’t believe they did this.

It was a weird year watching clubs fist themselves.

Gold Coast said to Richmond " hey watch this!" and started hacking into their own draft picks with a box knife.

Freo thought "hey that's nothing" and decided to cut off their draft scrote with a pair of shears. Even Richmond winced at that one.

Port huffed and puffed then took a cannonball to the sack, Jackass style, just to show Collingwood how hard they were. Collingwood quietly collected their player, left a draft pick in the tips jar then grabbed it back while nobody looked and left.

And yes, West Coast still reeling from Chris Judd, figured why put all those years of love and attention into a #3 pick only to see him bail for Carlton - when you can just skip the pain and give him straight to Carlton?

Reid will be stoked by the influx of average draft picks next year to surge that rebuild.

They should do ok out of getting a future first out of the Hawks but yeah… maybe they are worried Reid won’t stay

You really can't go wrong with any of Draper, Smith, FOS or Lalor. All 4 are clearly the best 4 prospects in the draft and worthy of pick 2. We would be doing other clubs a massive favour if we take someone like Tauru at 2 and let those players slide. If we are hellbent on Tauru they've done a terrible job at keeping it under wraps and losing any leverage we had. I still have a feeling it's all a smokescreen and journos speculating coz we need talls but we will stick to our guns and pick best available at 2

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can we please, please, PLEASE draft this kid? No more talking of splitting the pick or doing any fancy deals. There is a series of brilliant highlights in this clip and I urge you to watch the whole thing, but if nothing else, skip to 3:53 and watch the following 10 seconds. Tell me then that you don't want this kid in our side. OMG.

I dont understand why there hasnt been more talk about this bloke. If we keep pick 2, he is a stand out. 30 quality touches a game and already playing against men. Would walk into out best team round one

I dont understand why there hasnt been more talk about this bloke. If we keep pick 2, he is a stand out. 30 quality touches a game and already playing against men. Would walk into out best team round one

Doesn't have much flexibility in his game and has 0 defensive intensity. It's midfield or bust for Jagga. At this stage of our rebuild we need mids that can rotate elsewhere. Also, he is just over 180cm, if we go a pure mid it would probably be better off it's a taller mid to suit our mix.

With all that being said you could easily justify taking him at pick 2. His cleanliness, evasiveness and balance are top tier traits to have at AFL level.

Always felt Clarko sees footy firstly as a ground ball game and he looks so clean below the needs. Hard to pass up I agree.

Just take either Smith or Draper with pick 2.

Deal the F1 for multiple picks and take the G-Train and best small forward left.

Brady leaving the draft:

GIF by Conor McGregor

Doesn't have much flexibility in his game and has 0 defensive intensity. It's midfield or bust for Jagga. At this stage of our rebuild we need mids that can rotate elsewhere. Also, he is just over 180cm, if we go a pure mid it would probably be better off it's a taller mid to suit our mix.

With all that being said you could easily justify taking him at pick 2. His cleanliness, evasiveness and balance are top tier traits to have at AFL level.
Do we know that? Seems he has been constantly placed as an attacking mid fielder because he dominates there.

Imagine ldu, sheezel, wardlaw and this bloke at the centre bounce.

Last edited:
Do we know that? Seems he has been constantly placed as an attacking mid fielder because he dominates there.

Imagine ldu, sheezel, wardlaw and this bloke at the centre bounce.

The intensity of Draper compliments both LDU and GW. GW is just a straight up animal and LDU is a clean speedster. Draper seems to have a combination of both.

Does love a well placed handball to get the secondary touch. .

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2024 National Draft Preview Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back