Preview 2024 Mid Season Draft Prospects & Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

MSD Info

Full list of MSD Nominees

Last edited:
Also going by Brady we only had 4 on our draft board otherwise would have passed

So we rate him highly

can’t complain tonight both could feature heavily rest of year particularly teakle
We never seem to have many names on any draft board.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Would like to see our mid season draftees arrive at Arden St in helicopters, Brian Peake style, as saviours. We need some hype and delusion.
Then clarko walk out swearing saying wtf are you campaigners disturbing my siesta

He did not?

I just googled his stats.
He actually has. Wow

1 kick on debut. F***

We have a cycle of need at the moment where we are and keep playing blokes before they are anywhere near ready.

from our current list by my count there are only 2-3 blokes who haven't been significantly impacted by injury that we have not just thrown into the seniors. Goad, Maley and Free.

I have next to no doubt within the next month we will see Payne in the AFL. Ready or not he'll get a crack.

Think about the luxury of Larkey playing an entire year in the VFL. It felt wrong at the time he was playing well enough for seniors, it likely made him a better player in the long run.

Spitta was similar, Boomer played the bulk of 2 years in the VFL before getting a proper crack.

We get kids in we have list holes to plug and they go out ready or not to see if they can lift to plug them.

It is not going to change anytime soon because it is the lot of a side travelling poorly trying to leverage it's way out when we have stripped basically all senior players out of the side.

This thing that we are doing, it is the long way and it is painful and it is going to take years.

We have a cycle of need at the moment where we are and keep playing blokes before they are anywhere near ready.

from our current list by my count there are only 2-3 blokes who haven't been significantly impacted by injury that we have not just thrown into the seniors. Goad, Maley and Free.

I have next to no doubt within the next month we will see Payne in the AFL. Ready or not he'll get a crack.

Think about the luxury of Larkey playing an entire year in the VFL. It felt wrong at the time he was playing well enough for seniors, it likely made him a better player in the long run.

Spitta was similar, Boomer played the bulk of 2 years in the VFL before getting a proper crack.

We get kids in we have list holes to plug and they go out ready or not to see if they can lift to plug them.

It is not going to change anytime soon because it is the lot of a side travelling poorly trying to leverage it's way out when we have stripped basically all senior players out of the side.

This thing that we are doing, it is the long way and it is painful and it is going to take years.
Free missed a couple of games after his 2nd concussion for the year. I’d switch him with RHJ in terms of guys that haven’t seen Senior football not impacted by injury.

Free missed a couple of games after his 2nd concussion for the year. I’d switch him with RHJ in terms of guys that haven’t seen Senior football not impacted by injury.
Free did his shoulder last year which ended his season early- probably the reason we gave him another year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back