Certified Legendary Thread 🏆 COLLINGWOOD 2023 PREMIERS 🏆

Remove this Banner Ad

We won this FLAG with a long list of injuries throughout the year. It is interesting that other clubs, One that comes to mind is Cark Ton who keep complaining about their injury list.
We didn't have a Ruck for 5 week.
Both Cox and Cameron were out for 5-6 weeks.
Lippa was out for 12 weeks with a shoulder injury he got in the preseason game.
Howe was out for 12 weeks with a broken arm, Round 1.
N.Daicos out for 7 weeks, (Against the dawks)
Sidebottom out for 6 weeks (Against North in his 300th)
McStay 11 weeks with his finger only to get an ACL in the prelim.
Moore (4 weeks) hamstring against Geelong.
Adam, Kelly, Johnson, Murphy also had injuries during the 2023 and were not available for a few weeks.
Degeoy ( 3 weeks suspended) not an injuy but was still un available for selection.

This song was played on 7 after we won the GF and every time I hear it I think of the premiership and it just makes me feel good and bring backs a lot of memories of the day/night/entire weekend

And this song was played at the MCG after the GF, and after the Pies theme song was played numerous times. An oldie but a goodie.

I can’t recall if it was played before or after the medal ceremony, but hanging around for about 30 minutes after the game, the MCG soundtrack was pretty good.

I was devastated when Cameron put that snag in and we were down before that miracle, brilliant play by Daics in the centre and then the handball to JDG. It was like God answered my prayers once he nailed that goal from outside 50. **** what if we missed? but we didn't. Said this before but it was surreal, yet what I envisioned with that confetti after the game and the cup in our hands. Had a big smile on my face after the match and celebrated that night.

BAAAAAAAAAAANG!!!!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was devastated when Cameron put that snag in and we were down before that miracle, brilliant play by Daics in the centre and then the handball to JDG. It was like God answered my prayers once he nailed that goal from outside 50. heck what if we missed? but we didn't. Said this before but it was surreal, yet what I envisioned with that confetti after the game and the cup in our hands. Had a big smile on my face after the match and celebrated that night.

BAAAAAAAAAAANG!!!!!!!
You could feel the heaviness around the G when he kicked that goal..poor Bruzzy, poor us, no, no, not again, fk you Cameron..

And then the 🙏 began.

You could feel the heaviness around the G when he kicked that goal..poor Bruzzy, poor us, no, no, not again, fk you Cameron..

And then the 🙏 began.
I was reminded recently I turned to my mate and said we’ll be fine.
I just had this unshakeable belief on the day for some reason.🤷‍♂️

I was reminded recently I turned to my mate and said we’ll be fine.
Me too, except I was seated next to randos I didn’t know, I said nothing outwardly, and was more like;

giphy.gif

I was devastated when Cameron put that snag in and we were down before that miracle, brilliant play by Daics in the centre and then the handball to JDG. It was like God answered my prayers once he nailed that goal from outside 50. heck what if we missed? but we didn't. Said this before but it was surreal, yet what I envisioned with that confetti after the game and the cup in our hands. Had a big smile on my face after the match and celebrated that night.

BAAAAAAAAAAANG!!!!!!!
We were all feeling the same when Cameron kicked that goal. My heart sank as all the ghosts of lost grand finals past came flooding back into my head. Oh no... not again!

Then, in the immortal words of Gerard Whatelely on SEN, Collingwood's stars just went and WRENCHED the cup back!

I could commentate that magical goal from what will forever be ingrained in my memory.

We have a 6-6-6 warning against Collingwood.
Ball is thrown up, Cox gets the tap to Nick Daicos, who handballs to Pendlebury.
Pendlebury, finds some space, kicks a long ball inside 50
Mihocek goes up but the ball is punched away
Nick daicos collects. Handballs to DeGoey in midair. Degoey spins and kicks on his right. Goal, and the pies take back the lead.

We were all feeling the same when Cameron kicked that goal. My heart sank as all the ghosts of lost grand finals past came flooding back into my head. Oh no... not again!

Then, in the immortal words of Gerard Whatelely on SEN, Collingwood's stars just went and WRENCHED the cup back!
How much do you love hearing that on sen? I repeat it out loud with Gerard every time it comes on 😆

Remove this Banner Ad

Back