Certified Legendary Thread 🏆 COLLINGWOOD 2023 PREMIERS 🏆

Remove this Banner Ad

In the last 40 years we have won two and lost four. Prior to that is serious ancient history. Time to get closer to squariing the more recent ledger.

I’m obviously a little older than you. In my time, we’ve played in twelve, won two, drawn two and lost eight!

Today we’ll take a significant step towards squaring the ledger. Go Pies!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Big day today.
If we win, I suggest you tread carefully on opposition boards, (they will be on high alert).
If we lose, please report trolls and try to avoid being baited into replying.
After all, if it’s any of the other 16 teams we know they are just jealous.

Anyone else find it odd there’s barely been a mention of Darcy’s 150th?

For all we know, it could be Fly’s secret pump up theme this week … “This is an important week fellas, it’s Darcy’s 150th, let’s win this one for Darce!”

I’m obviously a little older than you. In my time, we’ve played in twelve, won two, drawn two and lost eight!

Today we’ll take a significant step towards squaring the ledger. Go Pies!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I doubt you are. Yes I cherry picked. Given average age on this board is perhaps 40 then ignoring the 60s and 70s is appropriate 😀

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good luck to my Magpie brethren today. The pressure and stakes of today is already getting to me. Luckily I know that Fly and the players are made of sterner stuff than I am!
The players looked calm yesterday.

I was 7 years old. 2nd generation Greek immigramt in Lalor. The year was 1980. My father was a Fitzroy supporter cause that's where he first lived when he migrated here. I can remember watching the gf and owning a Francis Bourke football card that I was afraid to.lose in a game of flicks at school. My grandmother had knitted me a number 8 Jimmy Cambpell Heidelberg United jumper (they were black and yellow) and I was a Richmond supporter because of it. But when Collingwood lost the grand final that year my heart broke for Peter Daicos, for losing grand final sides for the have nots and when I went to school I announced to my grade 1 class (99% Collingwood) that I too was now magpie. This was a decision born in blood, in suffering and quite possibly peer pressure. But I remember more the hurt I felt that one team should lose and I could not but embrace them. My parents went on to give me 3 brothers who are all black and white through and through. At the royal.melbourne show that year I saw Malcolm Fraser and influenced by my dad I ran up to him and called him a flying monkey. I am not dale kerrigan, I am didak wine and this is my story.

Oh and my name.is based on a Jeff Buckley song Lilac Wine. Just opening myself up here. It's the occasion.
Malcolm Fraser and the great Gatsby had something in common - they both turned out all right in the end. But this must have been before the new Malcolm Fraser emerged from the cocoon of retirement. The nice one, not the one with the trembling lip.

Jeff Buckley. Now there's a death or two in that name. Let's hope the Pies put together a more successful game plan than Jeff and his old man did when they had their chances.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread 🏆 COLLINGWOOD 2023 PREMIERS 🏆

Remove this Banner Ad

Back