Game Day ๐Ÿˆ RND 10 - Carlton v Collingwood Game Day ๐Ÿˆ

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly could be so much worse. We looked decent when we moved it fast. Pies will win this easily but it would be nice if we keep some respect out there. Ollie is well overdue for a break.

Itโ€™s damning when my partner who only started watching AFL this year and doesnโ€™t even understand the basic rules says โ€œwhy do Carlton always kick it down the line to those two same guysโ€. This is someone whoโ€™s watched ten games of footballโ€ฆ

Too many players straying off their direct opponents giving them space- wether it is inability to match the run or whatever- that is the difference all over the park...as a team Collingwood are a level above Carlton in on one ones - simple as that

however carry on with "it is the coach's fault" if it makes anyone feel better..

"going around Darcy Moore is easier said than done". Maybe start with lower, deeper entries and not blindly popping everything up to around 47 metres

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Itโ€™s damning when my partner who only started watching AFL this year and doesnโ€™t even understand the basic rules says โ€œwhy do Carlton always kick it down the line to those two same guysโ€. This is someone whoโ€™s watched ten games of footballโ€ฆ

Yep that's what he/she said...

Why did Motlop fly for the mark instead of waiting for the crumb.

He's the only one that flew he at least created the crumb. I say go for it he clearly has the ability and something like that can really lift the side.

Speaking of lifting the side Charlie tried so hard to get us back into it that quarter kudos. Great leadership.

This is embarrassing. Same garbage on rinse repeat.

And why Silvagni is in the side anymore is beyond mystifying. Might try hard but flies for marks when he shouldnโ€™t. Loses his feet frequently. Canโ€™t hit a target. Doesnโ€™t apply enough fast forward pressure.

And why TF did we drop Cincotta? Heโ€™s more skilful than 90% of this team.

Iโ€™ve had enough of watching this mediocre crap and expecting something different.

Send McGovern forward. Silvagni back.

Durdin into the middle.

My word does Austin have some work to do.

Our backs have no faith in our mids. Our mids are slow. Our small and medium forwards are slow.

We just can't compete with this. Would take Collingwood to go off the boil to let is back in.

We are such an interesting case study.

Is it the players?

Is it the coaches?

Is it the administration?

Voss is our 4th coach in 10 years. So I suspect it's not them. The playing list has been completely turned over so I doubt it's them.

These issues run deeper. It could be a board/administration/cultural issue.

Regardless it's just so fascinating now to watch unemotionally.
Its the pats on the back, well done, we tried mentality. 0 criticisms. No hard convos.
We have no mongrel hard edge to us at all, its actually sad to see

Cottrell was worse - At a minimum he needed to keep Quaynor away from the contest - He did nothing other than to allow him to mark the ball
Allowing McKay to be double teamed and out marked
That particular play is a snapshot as to everything wrong with this team & gameplan at the moment
that isnt game plan mate it is one of many m,any examples of players who arent finals quality doing their thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back