NFL (08/09) Super Bowl XLIII: Pittsburgh Steelers vs Arizona Cardinals

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: (08/09) Superbowl XLIII: Arizona vs Pittsburgh

Fairly and squarely on the Cards bandwagon for this one.

I think they'll win it too... Fitz MVP. Reckon he'll have a massive game. Steeler CBs have been average ever since I can remember (used to be a #26 who went alright, can't remember his name though...), and Laz will go nuts.

Clearly the most dominant receiver in the game, and will prove it on the biggest stage of them all.

greennick said:
Throughout the 60's there were a few playoff appearances, but it took an immaculate reception for us to get that first playoff win...

Raiders can be credited then with starting the Steeler dynasty and the Pats dynasty. Both times FORCED by refereeing BS.

gg, we need your wit in game day threads.

I'm a complete neutral in this.

The Steelers I respect more than any other team (other than my own) but I wouldn't begrudge Cards fans winning one (bastards!)

Reckon the Steelers will smash them TBH but it's a bit early to be making predictions.

Let's see who goes two weeks without a player being busted first. :)

I didnt make the game day threads today because i was ****ed. ive had like 2 hrs sleep the last 6 days. Due to all that merging then unmerging. Was really pushing it hard so that i could get it all done asap before today's games with any new people hitting this board making sure they didnt see a mess of a board.

I think the Cards are destined in this one....warner, edge, whisenhunt, grimm, etc. I also dont like the Steelers at all (respect them sure) but dont like 'em. But the Cards one would always want the underdog embattled franchise for 60 years to win.

Gonna sound like a massive bandwagoner here cos i have never posted on this board before but **** can't believe cardinals are in the superbowl

I dont put down bandwagoners at all. Always great to have more gridiron fans. Everyone's gotta start from somewhere in picking a fave team, and for late adopters to a sport, they're bound to change teams over a number of years before they finally find THEIR team.

So feel free to declare yourself a Cards fan if you want to. I wont ever put you down for it. Bit of the red/black going there.

Just on that gg, is it worth having links to game day threads in your Sticky thread?

Could have a year-by-year, week-by-week index since we usually only have one thread per week? Could be an interesting future reference . . .

Just on that gg, is it worth having links to game day threads in your Sticky thread?

Could have a year-by-year, week-by-week index since we usually only have one thread per week? Could be an interesting future reference . . .

You mean like the SB thread would be in the thread directory, and then say there's a pro-bowl game day thread, then that would be in the thread replacing the SB one, then say Week 1 game day thread would replace that? Can do, will do.

I reckon the bandwagoner "rule" has a rider though gg.

You're safe provided New England or Dallas aren't your bandwagon. :)

Yeah, I'll agree there. There's a rider on the bandwagon thing. Imo, i'd put the steelers there too. I read somewhere once that the Steelers are actually the most supported team in Australia. They certainly have this unending stream of NEW supporters due to their Raider-like last 30 years.

I dont put down bandwagoners at all. Always great to have more gridiron fans. Everyone's gotta start from somewhere in picking a fave team, and for late adopters to a sport, they're bound to change teams over a number of years before they finally find THEIR team.

So feel free to declare yourself a Cards fan if you want to. I wont ever put you down for it. Bit of the red/black going there.
haha if this was the footy board i would of been torn to shreds.

For me it was just i never had time while at school witch exams and what not, then once all that finished i finally got around to watching NFL and it only took a couple of games before i fell in love with the cardinals offensive line.

Yeah, I'll agree there. There's a rider on the bandwagon thing. Imo, i'd put the steelers there too. I read somewhere once that the Steelers are actually the most supported team in Australia. They certainly have this unending stream of NEW supporters due to their Raider-like last 30 years.

Even when I first got interested in NFL way back when, the Steelers were always a popular team with the few people I knew with an interest.

Redskins, 49ers, Cowboys, Raiders, Steelers & Bears seemed to be the popular choices

Well as the sole Cardinals fan from this forum i feel i better put in my two bobs and subscribe myself to this thread.
I will save the good lucks to Woody and co for next week as its still one hell of a wait.
Its going to be one hell of a day whether we win or loose.

Just as another feel good story from today. I was going to work a shift in the morning until 9 so i didn't have to make the full day up by working a weekend shift but i have been granted a day of leave so have the day off stress free.

you read this JD? boy wonder is full of surprises...

Saints coach Sean Payton sacrificed $250,000 of his own salary to accommodate the signing of Gregg Williams, according to FOX's Jay Glazer.
Owner Tom Benson thought Williams was too expensive, so Payton stepped up. Payton is desperate for a competent defense to complement his high-octane offense. Williams' addition could make or break Payton's legacy in New Orleans.

as for the thread idea....i think that's too many, and no need to list 17 weeks of it when the season's all over. no one goes back to really read old threads. during a season, you'll find that from the previous game thread to the new one, they're both right at the top of the first page anyway.

one game thread for the current active week seems right imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

haha if this was the footy board i would of been torn to shreds.

For me it was just i never had time while at school witch exams and what not, then once all that finished i finally got around to watching NFL and it only took a couple of games before i fell in love with the cardinals offensive line.

there is still tearing of shreds done in this board too. It can get pretty lively with rivalry and amicable trash talk here. but for a relatively new person like yourself, dont worry about anything, just post how you see it, ask questions, no one will bite your ears off, and you'll always be part of the gang....which is what we are here.

Maybe you could just create a thread and sticky it each week?

As for the Payton thing, yeah I saw it. Would seem a pretty smart thing to do if the owner was baulking at $250K. Typical Benson & Payton probably bought himself another 12 months.

Maybe you could just create a thread and sticky it each week?

As for the Payton thing, yeah I saw it. Would seem a pretty smart thing to do if the owner was baulking at $250K. Typical Benson & Payton probably bought himself another 12 months.

so like the current thread directory sticky that lists all the main useful links.

then another sticky for game day threads that say by week 10 shows a link for all weeks to that point? id like to hear more opinion on this from everyone else too....whether its necessary, useful, wanted etc.

No I just meant each week create game day /week threads like you've done with this thread and sticky it (sort of completely unrelated to my last point).

If you create them the titles are consistent and then easier to search.

Don't worry gg, I'm just trying to think of ways to make you work. ;)

(I had to write a very large cheque to the tax department today so pardon me, I'm a little dazed)

there is still tearing of shreds done in this board too. It can get pretty lively with rivalry and amicable trash talk here. but for a relatively new person like yourself, dont worry about anything, just post how you see it, ask questions, no one will bite your ears off, and you'll always be part of the gang....which is what we are here.
I would argue there is just as much here (For our size) just more friendly (we all know each other after all :p)

Just want some more people to talk football with :( For the rest of the year :D

No I just meant each week create game day /week threads like you've done with this thread and sticky it (sort of completely unrelated to my last point).

If you create them the titles are consistent and then easier to search.

Don't worry gg, I'm just trying to think of ways to make you work. ;)

(I had to write a very large cheque to the tax department today so pardon me, I'm a little dazed)

sorry im a bit slow still. ive had like 20 coffees and still cant keep my eyes open. foggy brain. but i think i get you now. just sticky the gameday thread for that week. Gotcha.

I would argue there is just as much here (For our size) just more friendly (we all know each other after all :p)

Just want some more people to talk football with :( For the rest of the year :D

more people is always good. nothing better than a big 'family' atmosphere. keeps things lively, get different spot-fire debates happening all the time. not always crap about the raiders or steelers etc.

I reckon the bandwagoner "rule" has a rider though gg.

You're safe provided New England or Dallas aren't your bandwagon. :)

See this is the thing I hate about this board. People seem like they have to prove themselves unless they come in and go for a team like Detroit or Cleveland. I've been posting on this board since I joined bigfooty(maybe not as frequent as yourself and others) but it still seems like the blowin tag is put on me for the fact I'm New England. People aren't going to want to post on this board if they feel as if they prove themselves, especially if they support a 'big' team.

Maybe I should start supporting KC :rolleyes:

See this is the thing I hate about this board. People seem like they have to prove themselves unless they come in and go for a team like Detroit or Cleveland. I've been posting on this board since I joined bigfooty(maybe not as frequent as yourself and others) but it still seems like the blowin tag is put on me for the fact I'm New England. People aren't going to want to post on this board if they feel as if they prove themselves, especially if they support a 'big' team.

Maybe I should start supporting KC :rolleyes:

My comment was actually tongue-in-check

Bandwagoners don't bother me unless they come in all guns blazing and start taking shots.

Not sure why you cop the blow-in tag Rory, I can't remember anyone having a go at you. I'm sure I haven't.

Don't worry I do realise most of it is tongue in cheek but for new people they might not, and well they might not want to continue to post here. That's more the point I'm getting at and I did probably get a bit carried away in my little heat of the moment post when I saw you take a shot at my Pats ;)

And on the blow in thing I copped something this year from someone, think it was a Jet (surprise surprise) fan but I wasn't directing that at you, gg or any of the other established members.

I hope that clears it up a bit :)

it's all cool and cleared up.
there's a lot of tongue-in-cheek that goes on.
a lot of my pats threads are trolls because it's fun to annoy you guys, you all can be so fragile and defensive.
a lot of people bash the raiders to get at me, or even because they hate the raiders.
i dont mind, it's all in good fun.

Don't worry I do realise most of it is tongue in cheek but for new people they might not, and well they might not want to continue to post here. That's more the point I'm getting at and I did probably get a bit carried away in my little heat of the moment post when I saw you take a shot at my Pats ;)

And on the blow in thing I copped something this year from someone, think it was a Jet (surprise surprise) fan but I wasn't directing that at you, gg or any of the other established members.

I hope that clears it up a bit :)

I hope it was me that said it, you blow in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back