NFL (08/09) Super Bowl XLIII: Pittsburgh Steelers vs Arizona Cardinals

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Re: (08/09) Superbowl XLIII: Arizona vs Pittsburgh

Maybe if you had the balls to not bandwagon. ooo hehe

Your just a typical Jets schmuck.why dont you root the virgin with the big t***ies already

Anyway, back to the Superbowl. The Cardinals are carrying the biggest monkey on their back of any NFL team. The franchise's lone NFL championship game victory came in 1947, when they were the Chicago Cardinals and therefore have the longest championship winning drought of all the NFL teams.

A win by the Cardinals would be similar to the Sydney Swans winning the AFL in 2005, after a premiership drought of 72 years (back to 1933).

Maybe history is on the Cardnials side

Sorry dumb question.... will Ten HD be showing this live? I assume around 10 in the morning on the 2nd?

Don't worry I do realise most of it is tongue in cheek but for new people they might not, and well they might not want to continue to post here. That's more the point I'm getting at and I did probably get a bit carried away in my little heat of the moment post when I saw you take a shot at my Pats ;)

And on the blow in thing I copped something this year from someone, think it was a Jet (surprise surprise) fan but I wasn't directing that at you, gg or any of the other established members.

I hope that clears it up a bit :)

Remember this then Rory? :D

bandwagon.jpg

I like to PROBE the unusual suspects. Ask GG.. Galactic.. Moo.. Mizza.. to name a few. I reckon I've done alot of 'probing' with 'second degree Questions' to see if what kinda fan we're dealing with. Guys that are smart will admit to being a noob or even name drop 'Don Lane' which makes it quite clear where they are coming from more than passive interest angle. I can appreciate the posters like Jones86 who follow up with informative tidbits about the Aussie Punters without jumping team teams bandwagons..

I've worked in the Corp environment too long and it sickens me of those type of 'yay, go team, go *star player*' when they have no real passion...how can I tell? well, when it's said and done and that player / team lose... the 'oh well, good game.. I don't care who wins' remark comes out. That really peeves me off especially when 'discussion hits a brickwall about knowledge about the team' after ONE minute.

I'm 'corporately scarred for life'. :eek:

I think I'll get a bit of the "bandwagon" type call, especially if the Steelers win in two weeks. I'm here from time to time but not as much as some of the regulars, and when the team you follow has 5 superbowl victories, it is expected to some extent.

The truth is a lot different.

I started following the Steelers in the 1989 season, at around mid season. We lost the first two games of the year 51-0 and 41-10, and were 4-6 with 6 to go. I seem to recall Don Lane saying "they'd need a miracle to make the playoffs" and being a fan of the underdog, a fan of black and gold (there isnt a black and white team, and black and gold are WA's colours) and the blue collar approach, that is how I picked them. I didnt know about our supremacy in the 70's until a short while after.

In the end, we stormed home and made the playoffs, won the wildcard game in OT over Houston and lost by bugger all to Denver in the Divisional round.

Never looked back since. I've run fantasy comps and been in fantasy comps every season since.

*this was posted before I read the last one, with the Don Lane reference!

Sorry dumb question.... will Ten HD be showing this live? I assume around 10 in the morning on the 2nd?

That's a good question. Ed Wyatt from SEN fame will be the host to preview the SUPER BOWL next Monday week morning starting at 10AM. Quite possibily
have Sav Rocca as special guest along with Colin Scotts (Cards Lineman) who was the SECOND Aussie to break thru the NFL. I have great appreciation for Colin Scotts. Told the audience a few years ago about his struggles and how he got to make it. :thumbsu:

I think I'll get a bit of the "bandwagon" type call, especially if the Steelers win in two weeks. I'm here from time to time but not as much as some of the regulars, and when the team you follow has 5 superbowl victories, it is expected to some extent.

The truth is a lot different.

I started following the Steelers in the 1989 season, at around mid season. We lost the first two games of the year 51-0 and 41-10, and were 4-6 with 6 to go. I seem to recall Don Lane saying "they'd need a miracle to make the playoffs" and being a fan of the underdog, a fan of black and gold (there isnt a black and white team, and black and gold are WA's colours) and the blue collar approach, that is how I picked them. I didnt know about our supremacy in the 70's until a short while after.

In the end, we stormed home and made the playoffs, won the wildcard game in OT over Houston and lost by bugger all to Denver in the Divisional round.

Never looked back since. I've run fantasy comps and been in fantasy comps every season since.

*this was posted before I read the last one, with the Don Lane reference!

I recall your initial post Statsman. We got onto the Steelers at the same stage. 5-11 season in 1988 isn't exactly bandwagon material. Infact the Steelers were middle of the road team since their 10-6 1983 campaign. Long gone from the 70's heyday. I actually recall Done Lane saying "the Steelers are having intensity problems" to describe their lacklustre start to the 1989 campaign. Belted by division rivals was just awful.

hopefully. Ever since I got 10HD, i started watching it untill I figured out it was on 30min delay and i could watch it on Foxtel live.

Soon Ill be getting Foxtel HD, just for Fox Sports HD and ESPN HD

I recall your initial post Statsman. We got onto the Steelers at the same stage. 5-11 season in 1988 isn't exactly bandwagon material. Infact the Steelers were middle of the road team since their 10-6 1983 campaign. Long gone from the 70's heyday. I actually recall Done Lane saying "the Steelers are having intensity problems" to describe their lacklustre start to the 1989 campaign. Belted by division rivals was just awful.

Well in the end, I picked well. My mates, who all started watching at the same time as me....picked Cincinnati, Houston (Oilers then), Minnesota, Tampa Bay and the Raiders.

Heh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well in the end, I picked well. My mates, who all started watching at the same time as me....picked Cincinnati, Houston (Oilers then), Minnesota, Tampa Bay and the Raiders.

Heh.

Well, I initially picked the Cards, only based on being a Diamondbacks fan, but after watching a few games, changed to the Vikings

And now look what happened, haha

Well, I initially picked the Cards, only based on being a Diamondbacks fan, but after watching a few games, changed to the Vikings

And now look what happened, haha

And don't overlook the other interesting tidbit for you Marklar, Mike Tomlin is an ex-Vikings D Co-ordinator ! :thumbsu:

w_MikeTomlin_v.jpg

Why them as opposed to 10 seeing 10 has taken a few NFL games lately?

I dunno...

I just checked the SBS guide for Feb 2 and theres no mention, but I would assume theyd still have it and the guide is just generic

I dunno...

I just checked the SBS guide for Feb 2 and theres no mention, but I would assume theyd still have it and the guide is just generic

I'm sure Ch10 HD bought all the NFL rights including the Supabah.

For those who wonder WHY I refer to the SB as supabah.. well a couple years ago, this clip showed up and made me :D ...I embrace the 'Supabah' :thumbsu:

Supabah clip

haha if this was the footy board i would of been torn to shreds.

For me it was just i never had time while at school witch exams and what not, then once all that finished i finally got around to watching NFL and it only took a couple of games before i fell in love with the cardinals offensive line.

are you a fat boy too? :p

I don't normally visit this board but I am very excited and cannot wait for the Superbowl to come around! Only two long weeks to go...

I'm feeling very confident at the moment but the nerves will creep in in the week leading in. I hope it'll be a great game, though. As a Lions fan who went to all 4 GF's, I found the 2002 game the best because you didn't know who was going to win until the very end and it ended up being the most memorable because of the emotions at the end of it.

Channel 10 is the sole FTA broadcaster in all states. HD and SD coverage.

If you can figure out from this if that is live or the dreaded "delayed in non AEDT times cos we are channel 10 and we are Shit" well good luck to you.

The "live at 10am in all markets" is very confusing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back