NFL (08/09) Super Bowl XLIII: Pittsburgh Steelers vs Arizona Cardinals

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Superbowl Champion prediction

Too hard. Just like last year at least the year before the Colts was a no brainer.

If Steelers receiver the opening kickoff.
Pitt-Card
7-10
10-17
20-24
27-31

If Cardinals receive kickoff
Pitt-Card
7-7
13-14
19-21
29-29
32-29

Because Steelers are the away team, they will get the coin flip correct, divert and Cards Receive kicoff
so Pittsburgh 32-29OT

Re: (08/09) Superbowl XLIII: Arizona vs Pittsburgh

It will be live to all states, with a starting time of 10am AEDT, on both TEN HD and TEN SD.

So if it's in fact live into Adelaide it will start at 0930. I will wait for the TV guide before I believe it's live.

Amended: A TEN spokesperson has confirmed TEN will screen the match live at 10am in all markets on both TEN SD and in high-def on TEN HD. A replay will air on TEN HD at 8:30pm. TEN HD also confirms an NFL archive show Power and Glory- Best Shots at 9am.

Source

Break that down...

Will screen LIVE in ALL MARKETS
So it will screen live in all states.
As AEDT is the standard format used for all times etc, then 10am would be AEDT.

It cant be live in WA at 10am, or in SA at 10am.
So if its live in all markets, then the time will be 930am in SA, and 8am in WA.

Also from the TEN forum...

I understand that channel 10 will be producing their own studio coverage with Ed Wyatt (who used to be on SBS) to host. Will be interesting to see if they get Colin Scotts to co-host as he was previously a Cardinals player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That girl replied again with the following....

David Knox said on January 20th, 2009 1:55 pm- Ok TEN confirms.. yes to high def on TEN HD at 10am. No to earlier times for non-AEDT viewers. It is 10am in all markets.

That's really ****ed up by TEN.

Re: Superbowl Champion prediction

i'm hoping the cardinals do it, though i think pittsburgh could be too strong/methodical.

go cards!

p.s. anyone wanna buy a ticket with me?

http://www.super-bowl-tickets.ticketsnow.com/ :D

If I didn't have a deadline I do, it would be tempting!

It is an awful lot of money to be blowing on a weekend!! Would be one hell of a weekend though!

That girl replied again with the following....

That's really ****ed up by TEN.

Poor form, I guess anyone with cable over here will just watch ESPN anyway then. Their loss.

It would be nice if ESPN ran the straight American feed, ads and all.

Actually, someone who SHOULD know is wyhow on BigFooty.

But he hasnt logged in for ages.

yeah.. and how he sneaks onto that list with minimal output is staggering..:rolleyes:
:p

Channel 10 are ****ing useless. Looks like I'll be watching on ESPN so that means no HD and hopefully not that international feed. I guess one positive is that people watching FTA won't have to put up with that peanut Damien Lovelock.

Lets get to the game itself...

For Steeler fans... Obviously the Warner to Fitzgerald combo is running pretty hot at the moment. How do you go about stopping it? And how does your D adjust to a 3 receiver set? Single coverage of Fitzgerald, Boldin and Breaston could end in disaster. Do we see less of a pass rush to try and keep the Cards receivers in check??

Flip side for Cards fans, how many players do you keep in to pass protect? Warner is suspect under heavy pressure, and how much time he has will go a long way to deciding who wins this game.

What do YOU do?

This game will be all about Pittsburgh trying to get massive pressure on Warner as a way to disrupt that QB-3WR combo, to play it with a straight bat (blitz four and focus on DB defense) will favor the Cards and pick the Steelers apart.

So it'll be all down to the Steelers trying to break their protection schemes and the Cards finding ways to use that to their advantage on offense....screens, toss plays, slant routes, trick plays, and lots of motion, etc.

the Cardinals O-line did a great job early on in the NFC decider at diffusing the Philly zone blitz. LeBeau's defense is similar, but imo, has better athletes at linebacker. this is imperative to the real success in a 34D. i think we'll rarely see Dick send 4 of them against the Cardinal O. Warner and his receivers will be very good at exploiting the extra space with quick slants and in routes just behind the line of scrimmage. dunno if blitzing all the LBs and expecting Keisal & Smith to step back in zone coverage will be at all successful against this offense. and there's no way you'd risk bringing up the safeties to fill the zone and leave Fitzy in just single man coverage. furthermore, if Pittsburgh do end up blitzing most of their LBs, it'll mean the corners will need to keep an inside shade on the receiver to cover the vacant LB zones, allowing many receptions on out (which Arizona are very good at) and corner routes.

this matchup is so intriguing.

I dont see the Cards D vs Pittsburgh O being a big facet of the game. The Cards should do pretty good thwarting the sputtering Steelers Offense, so the key match-up is clearly the Pittsburgh D vs Cards O.

As often happens tho in games like this, the Pittsburgh O vs Cards D can easily end up the most important/telling factor in the game. There have been many recent/past Superbowls where the "unexpected" D vs O match-up was more telling in the wash-up.

i was thinking about that too. once again for the opposition D, the key is going to be keeping BenRoeth in the pocket. the problem for most defenses against Pittsburgh is their running with Willie Parker is predominantly between the tackles, so outside contain is usually secondary to keeping defenders behind the ball and stopping big rushing gains. but this plays into BenRoeths hands as the lack of contain allows him to roam out of the pocket giving him, and more importantly, his receivers time to get away from their coverage and make a play. Heinz is their in-traffic receiver, then you have someone like Holmes who can find space. and Miller is a fantastic receiving TE who can be used to exploit mismatches against the Cardinal OLBs

The Cardinals have an excellent DL and LB corp, and they get penetration often and are pretty damn good if you ask me. And their DBs are no slouches either. The Pittsburgh O-Line is suspect. So Pittsburgh imo will really need to perform majestically to get on top of the Cards D. I can see Roethlisberger getting pressured a damn lot, and some of the time him doing his typical magic to make big plays happen, but other times the Cards D on top thru portions of the game too.

Unlike the Ravens game, the Steelers O will need to be more adventurous to keep pace with any Cards offensive output. Steelers have to play it differently, cant go conservative or playing it close and tight.

Looking forward to a classic attack/defense struggle. No offence to the Eagles (and it's not because they knocked my team out) but it's possibly a more interesting matchup, with a great deal of romanticism.

Gotta say on a sidenote that I'm learning a lot about the game from hanging around the forum more. I've followed the Giants since the early 80s, but have to admit I still don't know as much about the tactical side of the game. I tend to forget about this place until around playoffs unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back