NFL (08/09) Super Bowl XLIII: Pittsburgh Steelers vs Arizona Cardinals

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: (08/09) Superbowl XLIII: Arizona vs Pittsburgh

There are plenty of new people who while not here 24/7 are coming back often and reading and posting. This board has boomed between the 2007/2008 off-season, when there was just me and zarko here only. We lost like 2 or so regulars forever. And even had situations where other regulars may not have come back (for other reasons). But right now there's plenty of new people.....greenick, you, chism, 11sjw, crumpler posts a lot now, reacher is here often, peterbuch, etc etc. I cant even name them all.
well I meant newer than me. I see chism, 11sjm and crumpler alot which is good, I see Reacher and Greenick I see as well.

Sorry if I offend this person but who is Peterbuch?

I hate the feeling of watching the end credits roll after the Superbowl...quite depressing. Just makes me realise we're in for another long wait until the next season :(

On the flipside, you know that footy season is just around the corner at least.
5 days. untill WCE vs COLL and ADEL vs AAS.

The main reason I chose football instead of soccer. Soccer overlaps now. I want to have a week of nothing that gets me in the mood for footy

But it always seems the same people. occasionaly I see someone new, but they are gone within 2 weeks, hopefully these people stay, and at least give me and whoever else will stay here in the offseason a debate.

Dude, you will get plenty of debating if you put forward quality posts...

Anything of the quality that you posted earlier, where you only quoted another poster, omitting one sentence, then I'll keep on calling you a dick.

QUALITY, over quantity.

peterbuch is a new guy, broncos fan, who kicked ass in the AE tipping comp.

Anyway, while the NFL games are over, there's plenty of news and draft and combine and camp and off-season rumors that will pour thru this board between now and september, as well as all the fantasy football comps etc.

The NFL never stops.

I feel sick, well I've been drinking since 830 am but that's not the reason I am sick. I forced myself to go for the Steelers today. I love Carolina even though they let me down, and all my mates in this town go for the Steelers. I went to the "superbowl pub" today and there was 6 people, all steeler people. I was carrying on like I've been going for Pitt for 30 years. Should I blame alcohol or the realisation that Carolina will self implode and not make another superbowl for 10 year so I should enjoy the current atmosphere. hmm. Go panthers, I still feel sick for cheering Big Ben. ugh!

right now im hanging on some news or info on whether the Raiders even have an interview set up for Haley, or if an announcement is made that he's signed with the Chiefs.

Raiders like to have a HC who is also the OC (play-caller), to have an explosive offense. So even tho i admit the odds are very slim or impossible he'll actually be a Raider, it would make sense for Al to have been holding out all this time to try to get Haley as a HC/OC.

on that last Holmes TD....two interesting things....1) the cards player extending his arm up kinda pulled it away as the ball approached....and 2) with the new rules in play this season that you can knock a player out of the sidelines as they catch it and it wouldnt be a TD/catch, those other two cards players should've just bull-rushed Holmes as he caught it, trying to knock his momentum off balance.
I think it is much easier to say that when you are looking at it in slow motion, but in real life, he would have hit the ground by the time they could get to him.

There are plenty of new people who while not here 24/7 are coming back often and reading and posting. This board has boomed between the 2007/2008 off-season, when there was just me and zarko here only. We lost like 2 or so regulars forever. And even had situations where other regulars may not have come back (for other reasons). But right now there's plenty of new people.....greenick, you, chism, 11sjw, crumpler posts a lot now, reacher is here often, peterbuch, etc etc. I cant even name them all.

Settle down man, it's not as if this board was ever dead... always plenty happening...:rolleyes::p

Dude, you will get plenty of debating if you put forward quality posts...

Anything of the quality that you posted earlier, where you only quoted another poster, omitting one sentence, then I'll keep on calling you a dick.

QUALITY, over quantity.
It was fair what you said.

I was just doing what I do on a youtube page to argue with some d1ckhead. Who thinks the AFL is corrupt.

Now all I want to see is the Falcons take a star player from Green Bay before he proves his worth. Karma for you stealing Favre.

I feel sick, well I've been drinking since 830 am but that's not the reason I am sick. I forced myself to go for the Steelers today. I love Carolina even though they let me down, and all my mates in this town go for the Steelers. I went to the "superbowl pub" today and there was 6 people, all steeler people. I was carrying on like I've been going for Pitt for 30 years. Should I blame alcohol or the realisation that Carolina will self implode and not make another superbowl for 10 year so I should enjoy the current atmosphere. hmm. Go panthers, I still feel sick for cheering Big Ben. ugh!

You should be ashamed of yourself! haha. Nah it's fine, just the booze. Hell, I wasnt even drinking and I was carrying on like the Raiders were wearing red and white today.

I think it is much easier to say that when you are looking at it in slow motion, but in real life, he would have hit the ground by the time they could get to him.

yeah, its just me over-reacting in the face of a fairytale heart-breaking finish.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You should be ashamed of yourself! haha. Nah it's fine, just the booze. Hell, I wasnt even drinking and I was carrying on like the Raiders were wearing red and white today.
I found it quite eazy to support the red and white team.

I just connected the dots and realized that North adelaide and Atlanta both wear red and white. Maybe I should jump from the Crows to the Swans.

That's what ships are for---jumping to and from!
In my mind there are 31 ships in the NFL, and 3 are sinking fast. one had too much ego and is at the bottom of the gulf of Mexico

and the other 27 are falling behind slowly

it's usually on for young and old when either Zarko and STKO are at it, or Dspeed and me. Or YOU and Mizza.

Absolutely, no doubt it's really picked up with contributors over the past 12 months, but my (tongue in cheek) point is it was NEVER just you and Zarko.

The times pre-you, Zarko et al, there was still plenty of discussion!

Just finished watching the delayed telecast in Perth from channel ten, now I am trying to clean my eyes from that telecast. David Hughes is an alright commedian but not an F'in sports panelist.

Both teams deserved it, really wanted to see the Cards win it though.
I watched the Channel 10 one after getting back from the pub, watching the ESPN one there. The NBC commentary was better than the International ESPN one. It was particularly better in HD as opposed to the shitty SD at the pub. Though, the Australian presenters just made it embarrassing. They had no idea.

yeah, its just me over-reacting in the face of a fairytale heart-breaking finish.
They got closer than I ever wanted them to be. My heart is still pumping, I am lucky I don't have a heart condition otherwise I don't think I would be kicking on anymore...

The fortunate thing I guess is that a blown call didn't cause a scoring difference.

For the most part I thought the Cards got the rough end but they did do some pretty stupid things. Most of the calls were there (but I do agree on the roughing the passer penalty - that was a shocker but he didn't need to do it).

The ending though was bizarre.

If that play was reviewed then it was the shortest review in history (they spent more time on the Holmes TD reception and that was clear).
In the Holmes TD, there was a bit of doubt about whether his left foot touched the ground or was slightly above it, as it was resting on his right foot. That was very hard to see with his shoes being the same colour and the ground not giving up any dust to make it obvious.

For the fumble. It was clearly a fumble. They had perfect vision of it. It would have only needed the one angle too, not hundreds of them. Though, if it was the Patriots, it probably wouldn't have been a fumble, but for most other teams I am sure it would have been.

For the roughing the passer call. Ben has been hit late like that all year, it has never been called before, it was interesting that they called it then. They would have called it if Flacco, Brady, Manning or one of the other protected QB's got hit that late.

I also found it interesting that they actually called a holding on James Harrison, teams never get called for that, so that was pleasing to see. Though, once again it is interesting that it suddenly gets called in the big game, even though it was blatant (as it was other times in the game and has been for years).

If only i cared about the Steelers as much as I do about the Crows, i would be a happy man.

I have a feeling I am gonna get a fresh round of towels and jumpers some time soon haha.

Absolutely, no doubt it's really picked up with contributors over the past 12 months, but my (tongue in cheek) point is it was NEVER just you and Zarko.

The times pre-you, Zarko et al, there was still plenty of discussion!

no, you're right there. i just meant that particular off-season was pretty lonely here. Even Danielz logged in from canada and started a "gg is an NFL spammer" thread lol. But yeah, february-march it gets pretty quiet anyway. But April onwards it's all on again with the combine and draft, camps etc.

In my mind there are 31 ships in the NFL, and 3 are sinking fast. one had too much ego and is at the bottom of the gulf of Mexico

and the other 27 are falling behind slowly

which 3 are you referring to?

They got closer than I ever wanted them to be. My heart is still pumping, I am lucky I don't have a heart condition otherwise I don't think I would be kicking on anymore...

oh man that game was so intense. more so than the pats-giants one. for both steelers and cards supporters. what a game really. amazing.

If only i cared about the Steelers as much as I do about the Crows, i would be a happy man.

I have a feeling I am gonna get a fresh round of towels and jumpers some time soon haha.

youd be surprised how quickly the game can not only grow on you but start being more interesting than AFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back