NFL (08/09) Super Bowl XLIII: Pittsburgh Steelers vs Arizona Cardinals

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: (08/09) Superbowl XLIII: Arizona vs Pittsburgh

Who was the ******** with the Pittsburgh helmet?

I only followed this game today because there was an Aussie involved. Pretty unlucky that he didn't win.

The thing that does annoy me about American sports though is the fact that they crap on about being 'World Champions'. What a load of shit.

The thing that does annoy me about American sports though is the fact that they crap on about being 'World Champions'. What a load of shit.

You're just mad that you didnt win the Bigfooty posting world championship. :p

I only followed this game today because there was an Aussie involved. Pretty unlucky that he didn't win.

Well they are World Champions. I dont see any other teams from other nations beating the Steelers, do you?

I cant wait to hear all the goss on the BF people. How they acted in real life etc.

**** me, where do I start? Had footy tonight and went to the pub for poker after so this is the first time I've been on BigFooty and first of all I'd like to say I know the pain and feel for Wizard and my moneys. But really what an amazing game.

Started at 9:30, we decided to go with 10HD with the Madden/Michaels commentary so it was mobile phones off and phone pulled out the wall.

Big Ben almost scoring the first TD had me jumping around like an idiot with my money on him, only to have my heart ripped out with a challenge. Then I was infuriated they as opted for the FG and not the QB sneak
With the first TD I reckon if the Steelers get in within 10 of the end zone, go with the pass and big Ben has no options he'll try and run it in himself

After that the game went was dead. Steelers jumped out while the Cards burned themselves. Half time and it was Nachos and Dr Peppers.

The 4th quarter. Oh boy..... With money on the Cards we were riding them all the way(the party). When Larry got the first TD we had a feeling they were on a roll, then the whole safety thing had us jumping around and high fiving. Then the big pass to Larry for his second TD probably had the whole neighborhood wondering what the hell was going on. When the Steelers drove up the field I thought OT was inevitable, something I had predicted earlier in the week. Then Holmes.... dreams were shattered and the rest is history.

Big Ben almost scoring the first TD had me jumping around like an idiot with my money on him, only to have my heart ripped out with a challenge.

Yep, we mentioned it at the time too in the thread. How Rory must be pissed off. But it kept happening, huh, with the Cards losing at the death. Double-whammy. That's why I never bet on the SB, makes it harder to enjoy the game for the game's sake.

Who was the ******** with the Pittsburgh helmet?

Hey W_Fan, are you talking about the guy at the Brighton?

If so, he was happy as larry when the Steelers were rolling, and the minute the Cards showed something he turned on a few people around him.

He was a little too pumped up for the game, but there's always one who takes things a little too far!

Ah, I saw you there, just checked this though. I was looking around, wondering who the BF people may be. I was sitting on the raised area with a mate with my black #7 jersey and with a TT.

Saw you there and was going to come and have a chat post-game, but I looked around and you'd done a runner. (I wasnt moving during the game, too supersticious for that)

About 80/20 support in favour of the cards - that group of Steeler fans (about 6 of us) were copping it in the 2nd half....deserved it too because we were certainly enjoying the good stuff in the first.

The guy next to me won $5k. Put $200 on the Steelers at $25 a few months back. He's a massive gambler though, top block too.

As to the game, I think we were the better team that did get the better end of the 50/50 calls. I thought the roughing the passer call was a bit soft, but you know, as a defender, you just dont put yourself in a position where the call can be made - there was no need for him to do it, he could have avoided it and he didnt.

So, 3 years ago I had a pretty magical week; sequentially I had a small lotto win, my daughter was born, had another small lotto win, the Steelers won the Superbowl, and picked up the wife and daughter from the hospital on the same day. 8 days of bliss.

Fast forward to this week; small lotto win, my son was born, had another small lotto win, the Steelers won the Superbowl, and picked up the wife and son from the hospital to come home on the same day. 8 more days of bliss.

Yep, we mentioned it at the time too in the thread. How Rory must be pissed off. But it kept happening, huh, with the Cards losing at the death. Double-whammy. That's why I never bet on the SB, makes it harder to enjoy the game for the game's sake.

At least I got Parker under 20.5 rushes.. just, and Kurt Warner more than 1.5 TD passes.

So, 3 years ago I had a pretty magical week; sequentially I had a small lotto win, my daughter was born, had another small lotto win, the Steelers won the Superbowl, and picked up the wife and daughter from the hospital on the same day. 8 days of bliss.

Fast forward to this week; small lotto win, my son was born, had another small lotto win, the Steelers won the Superbowl, and picked up the wife and son from the hospital to come home on the same day. 8 more days of bliss.

That's pretty ****ing amazing. Stop doing it please! Gotta share those Lombardi's around.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can report there was much terrible towel waving going on in Perth too, though I don't think Statsman74 participated in any.

Poor form Statsman, poor form. At least one or two of his mates made up for it. :p

Well I'd need one to wave one, but dont worry, I gave plenty. My larynx can testify to that.

Got a surprise call from Woodson in the afternoon - havent spoken with him personally before but it was an excellent call - I guess any call between two Steeler fans post victory cant go far wrong.

Well I didn't lose all my money ;)

That's really like winning money, if you think about it!

I was thinking more the lotto wins ;)

(you can keep the kids I've got enough already).

He said little lotto wins tho.

He said little lotto wins tho.
Hey, if I keep spending my days posting crap here a small lotto win might be the difference between the kids eating and me hocking them off too!

Anyway I'm sure the Lombardi's a pipe dream for me. :(

Saw you there and was going to come and have a chat post-game, but I looked around and you'd done a runner. (I wasnt moving during the game, too supersticious for that)
Yeah, was keen to grab a bite to eat and get into some airconditioning. That place was bloody humid.

Dude, we gotta get you and your missus a hotel room this April/May.

I was thinking more the lotto wins ;)

(you can keep the kids I've got enough already).

They were small wins, I'm not being modest but honest. The 4 wins I mentioned wouldnt have won more than $200 in total.

So given that I can determine when the Steelers win Superbowls :) how much should I ask from the Rooneys to sponsor any future children? Pretty expensive schooling these days....the Steelers are worth $1bn......surely its worth the investment from them.....

It is just the way Americans go over the top with a lot of things. Besides, who else (not in the NFL) could beat the mighty Steelers anyway? :p

Well I'd need one to wave one, but dont worry, I gave plenty. My larynx can testify to that.
Haha, I think I definitely need more, but the bloody postage from the States is a killer. I got mine when I was over there last, much less ridiculously priced without postage.

Got a surprise call from Woodson in the afternoon - havent spoken with him personally before but it was an excellent call - I guess any call between two Steeler fans post victory cant go far wrong.
Was he tanked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back