NFL (08/09) Super Bowl XLIII: Pittsburgh Steelers vs Arizona Cardinals

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: (08/09) Superbowl XLIII: Arizona vs Pittsburgh

Didn't take long, quick squizz of the post history... Just notices your 'charming' Philly philth wasn't present in most threads... of course it IS easier not to post after getting knocked out of the playoffs I guess... Oh well, if you would prefer it that way...

Didn't take long, quick squizz of the post history... Just notices your 'charming' Philly philth wasn't present in most threads... of course it IS easier not to post after getting knocked out of the playoffs I guess... Oh well, if you would prefer it that way...

And yet, the blatantly obvious point that im actually posting for this discussion to take place has eluded you.

Of course, i shouldnt expect basic intelligence from Giants fans anymore, but this is a new level of stupid, even for you Zark.

And yet, the blatantly obvious point that im actually posting for this discussion to take place has eluded you.

Of course, i shouldnt expect basic intelligence from Giants fans anymore, but this is a new level of stupid, even for you Zark.
lol obviously you can't handle what you attempted to dish out to me... Waa waaa wheres Zarko... That is of course what you were asking the second I wasn't here... NOw I do the same and you fall back on personal insults...

Thats true Philly toughness for ya ;) Run when things no longer interest you... Happens during the year, happens afterwards I guess...

Except, you've acknowledged that i am actually here, you're just trying to claim some obsessive point about posting rates.

You on the other hand did disappear.

As far has having this 'personal insults' sook goes, mate, ive been personally insulting you for months, you only just got that? :p

Edit: And as far as happens during the year goes, mate, ive been here every week of the season and remain here this week. You're reaching harder than the 4 year old who sees the cookie jar ontop of the fridge.

BTW you seemed fairly interested in other teams through the year... Guess that seeps out the window at just the right time...

I bore of scared Philly fans... See ya next year I guess :p

Except, you've acknowledged that i am actually here, you're just trying to claim some obsessive point about posting rates.

As far has having this 'personal insults' sook goes, mate, ive been personally insulting you for months, you only just got that? :p
A little different considering I disappeared before the philly match, but if you can't acknowledge, whatever...

Never thought a Phiggles fan would turn out the same as most of the Dallas fans round here... You're all in the same boat.

Edit: And as far as happens during the year goes, mate, ive been here every week of the season and remain here this week. You're reaching harder than the 4 year old who sees the cookie jar ontop of the fridge.
LOL at the first point anyway... Must I direct you to your Dallas thread rants where you were going on about how little they posted when on a losing streak, and then posted a lot when winning...

Something about glass houses... Yeah, something like that...

LOL at the first point anyway... Must I direct you to your Dallas thread rants where you were going on about how little they posted when on a losing streak, and then posted a lot when winning...

Something about glass houses... Yeah, something like that...

Except, we arent on a losing streak and im not pretending the sport no longer exists. The season is over, and im still here. Of course theres less interesting in the off season though, thats just a fact of sport. Why do you think i love the NFL/AFL combo? No off season, lol.

You're really struggling Zark.

Shall i address the autograph to Zarko, or Daniel?

Except, we arent on a losing streak and im not pretending the sport no longer exists. The season is over, and im still here. Of course theres less interesting in the off season though, thats just a fact of sport. Why do you think i love the NFL/AFL combo? No off season, lol.

You're really struggling Zark.

Shall i address the autograph to Zarko, or Daniel?
Of course you have been here :p The whole time, just like the other weeks you were still involved..............

I'm stuggling? Mate, just give up...

Zarko thanks. The pic will always give me a laugh next time a Philly fan tells me how tough they are :thumbsu:

Of course you have been here :p The whole time, just like the other weeks you were still involved..............

I'm stuggling? Mate, just give up...

Zarko thanks. The pic will always give me a laugh next time a Philly fan tells me how tough they are :thumbsu:

Except the majority of my posting all season has either directly involved the Eags, or our direct rivals. Anyone with a basic intelligence can see that my level of involvement will drop when none of us are active anymore. Ive posted when things interest me, but which of these wildly exciting threads have i missed? Like i give a flying **** about the Dolphins head office, or some shit like that.

Other than you acting like a scorned lover, this is a dead end road mate. I was commended for my sportsmanship in defeat. You could learn alot from my example next time. ;)

Except the majority of my posting all season has either directly involved the Eags, or our direct rivals. Anyone with a basic intelligence can see that my level of involvement will drop when none of us are active anymore. Ive posted when things interest me, but which of these wildly exciting threads have i missed? Like i give a flying **** about the Dolphins head office, or some shit like that.

Other than you acting like a scorned lover, this is a dead end road mate. I was commended for my sportsmanship in defeat. You could learn alot from my example next time. ;)
Of course, you were the one to commend me personally for sticking around... Something you found a bit hard to do this week, but whatever...

I chose not to attack the Phiggles for obvious reasons, other than the ones who deserve it... One simple comment and you go off, totally defensive... Seems you know the truth, and I guess we will leave it at that... Wet da widdle Phiggles fan pwetend he didn't act like a bitch dis week :p

Of course, you were the one to commend me personally for sticking around... Something you found a bit hard to do this week, but whatever...

I chose not to attack the Phiggles for obvious reasons, other than the ones who deserve it... One simple comment and you go off, totally defensive... Seems you know the truth, and I guess we will leave it at that... Wet da widdle Phiggles fan pwetend he didn't act like a bitch dis week :p

And likewise, you commented on your respect for me and on the way in which i refused to accept the excuse making of other eagles fans.

This can go two ways Zark, either you can continue this faux tough guy pantomine and pretend that you've got a point, or you can just admit that this entire exercise was one big attention seek by you, we can get you a good counsellor to deal with your Southerntakeover crush, and we stop derailing the superbowl discussion thread.

And likewise, you commented on your respect for me and on the way in which i refused to accept the excuse making of other eagles fans.

This can go two ways Zark, either you can continue this faux tough guy pantomine and pretend that you've got a point, or you can just admit that this entire exercise was one big attention seek by you, we can get you a good counsellor to deal with your Southerntakeover crush, and we stop derailing the superbowl discussion thread.
Whatever you say ST...

So how about that Zona team hey...

What was it last time they met after Cowher, 21-14

Lets hope its the same result...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im really struggling to pick it.

Steelers SHOULD be the better team, but the Cards have the fairy tale feel about them this year.

If Fitz plays close to the level he has recently, he could be the difference. The Steelers wont win a high scoring game.

Pretty much what I think... Head says Steelers, heart says Cards...

Steelers can't score enough on O... Which is why on the first few pages I suggested that the Steelers will definitely win this if they can score defensive, pick6 and whatnot... Other than that occurring, will be a close one...

Edge is the often underrated key, amongst the star players on that offense.

With him playing well, they have a legitimate balance on offense, which creates problems defensively. No way that flea flicker works without a running threat for example.

If Edge has a reasonable to big game, i think Cards win.

I have a feeling this game between Zarko and ST will be much more interesting than the real superbowl. Keep it up fellas.

SBS should hire the bigfooty mob for the Superbowl, wed be far more entertaining than their usual offering.

SBS should hire the bigfooty mob for the Superbowl, wed be far more entertaining than their usual offering.

Don't be knocking Damien Lovelock now...

Don't be knocking Damien Lovelock now...

Post 93 n00b.

Channel 10 are ****ing useless. Looks like I'll be watching on ESPN so that means no HD and hopefully not that international feed. I guess one positive is that people watching FTA won't have to put up with that peanut Damien Lovelock.

Madden released their simulation results with The Steelers winning. The game has managed to pick the last 4 out of 5 winners, so maybe a good omen for Steeler fans

* 2004 - Patriots 23, Panthers 20 (Actual Score: Patriots 32, Panthers 29)
* 2005 - Patriots 47, Eagles 31 (Actual score: Patriots 24, Eagles 21)
* 2006 - Steelers 24, Seahawks 19 (Actual score: Steelers 21, Seahawks 10)
* 2007 - Colts 38, Bears 27 (Actual score: Colts 29, Bears 17)
* 2008 - Patriots 38, Giants 30 (Actual score: Giants 17, Patriots 14)
* 2009 - Steelers 28, Cardinals 24 (Actual game not played yet)

Pretty much what I think... Head says Steelers, heart says Cards...

Steelers can't score enough on O... Which is why on the first few pages I suggested that the Steelers will definitely win this if they can score defensive, pick6 and whatnot... Other than that occurring, will be a close one...

Don't agree Zarko.. Here's why.

Just skimming thru those posts, the steeler fans are still being over-confident and writing off the Cards. Not all, but a lot are.

Obviously, the players is another matter, but when a whole tight-knit community over there, the fans etc, and media there are all back-slapping the Steelers in over-confidence, it CAN have an affect on the players.

Here's hoping so anyway! I dont like the Cards but I'd rather they win than the Steelers.
Fair comment GG.

It's a 50/50 contest in my eyes. I'm just as confident as the next guy but still aware that the opposition are a real threat if enough opportunities are given to capitilize.
The Steelers D is a better unit than the 2005 unit and Big Ben is a more rounded player although the O line is a concern... but how they (O-line) stepped up in the play-off stretch was a great indication that protection has improved remarkedly. Still the NE O was outstanding all of last season but failed in the crunch so I'm aware that the Steelers weak link can be exposed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back