AFL Player # 1: Andrew "Pidge" McGrath (VC)

Remove this Banner Ad

I think there was only like 3-4 guys in the entire league that average 20+ touches and a goal a game (or something like that, maybe its 25 touches). 25 goals is way optimistic and he will likely spend time in defense in some matches this year too (mostly midfield but will occasionally play back too).

So I hope you're somehow right but I reckon its bloody unlikely!
Yes, I agree it’s unlikely this year. But it’s coming sooner or later. He’s a blueblood, a number 1 draft pick about to hit his straps. The sky is the limit.

We probably haven’t yet got a grip on how strong his goal sense is, given he started in defense. It’s going to be a joy watching him.

He just looks so strong. Absolute bull.

Can't wait to see him bursting through the midfield with no-one catching him, as he boots it inside 50 to hit big Joe right on the chest 15 metres out only for Joe to spray it out on the full

He's got that look of inner confidence at the moment. Not a cocky "I'm gonna tear you a new one" arrogant cockiness, just a quiet "underestimate me at your peril" type confidence. Hopefully it translates into the season proper where after a few rounds absolutely nobody will underestimate him.

He just looks so strong. Absolute bull.

Can't wait to see him bursting through the midfield with no-one catching him, as he boots it inside 50 to hit big Joe right on the chest 15 metres out only for Joe to spray it out on the full
Lol. Joey.

Kid is a jet though.
Has not stopped improving from day 1.

He, Merrett and Shiel will be handfuls.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah those clean touches in our backline were so incredibly pivotal in the last quarter. He's building nicely as a player.

No, not every touch he had was especially damaging and he's still guilty of some hack kicks when he shouldn't but he does a helluva lot of good things too. One of the most noticeable things is his closing speed defensively is just terrific. He routinely closes down players from a distance where most of our team wouldn't even be able to get a hand on them.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player # 1: Andrew "Pidge" McGrath (VC)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back