VFL Essendon v Sandringham - Sunday 28 July - 1:05 pm - Windy Hill

Remove this Banner Ad

Disciplining kids so missed he action of a Tex Wanganeen goal - Sorry

Ess 54
Sandy 48

It was amazing. Dropped for him, right foot banana after a stepping an opponent from about 35 out 45 degree angle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Horrible day for footy early but at least the rain stopped after the second quarter. Sandy looked more polished but we simply had more desperation for most of the day. Would give the boys a bit of confidence.

Tsatas - good game. Kicked the ball okay . Minimal tackles but he was one of our better players. If they want him in the side I agree with what others above have said. In the midfield. Does need to continue building the upper body .

Hobbs . Scrappy game on a scrappy day. Was hard at the footy and did well. No as prolific stat wise but was in and under all day.

Wiedeman - best of the defenders overall but still have some Wied moments dropping a chest mark in the square and murdering a few kicks coming out of defense .

Setterfield - like Hobbs he scrapped it out on a wet day . Nothing flash just hard footy.

Hayes - not a lot of touches but did not do a lot wrong . Not sure it was quite a pick me game but he had limited **** ups.

Hind - really good. Took the game on . Organized the young VFL players . Ran all day. Looked like he cared.

Bryan - had a battle on his hands but ended up doing well against Heath and Campbell. Wet day meant it was always going to be a struggle marking wise. Was in our best.

A Davey - did not have a lot of the footy or kick any goals but he chased and made 5 tackles . I liked it.

Lual - work in progress but a lot better defensively this week.

J Davey - looking much better . 13 touches. Kicked a goal . Good effort and pressure over most of the game .

Roberts - another strong game .

Visentini - not a day for the big blokes . Took a couple of good marks .

Wanganeen - still a few issues with how to play defense but when he gets involved his skills are genially sublime . Kicked a super goal in the last quarter.

To be honest we are now at the stage of the season where they could pick anyone of them for a game outside of Lual and Visentini .

Probably the first time the reserves have noticeably aligned their brand with the seniors this year, or at least what the brand was and should be before we went off it.

Went harder for longer and Bryan pretty much nullified Campbell who at this level in that kind of weather can pretty much win the game on his own.

Good to get a tightly contested win, for everyone to get through unscathed by the looks of it and for all the kids to show the good attributes we know they have.

It’ll never happen but you could probably play all of Hobbs, Tsatas, Hayes and Roberts in the seniors next week with little issue provided they’re not the sub.

Tsatas and Hobbs as a combination I really like, Hobbs is very much bash, crash and smash and Tsatas is still building the frame out but fundamentally really sound in terms of keeping his feet, positioning himself at stoppage, keeping his arms free and being one touch and on point with his hands.

Provided they actually play and they don’t get ****ed around, I’m completely fine with them doing a little mini apprenticeship, even after a months worth of work they look much better for it.

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL Essendon v Sandringham - Sunday 28 July - 1:05 pm - Windy Hill

Remove this Banner Ad

Back