VFL COBURG vs ESSENDON, Sunday 18 August, 1:05pm, Piranha Park

Remove this Banner Ad

You’ve gotta laugh at the absurdity of this ****ing club. Seniors go on a losing streak and just miss the finals while the seconds go in a winning streak and just miss the finals. Nothing surer than perfectly balanced mediocrity from each end of the spectrum at Essendon. Twats!

Ran out the game very well in the last to run out winners 16.15=111 to 11.7=73

We finish 11th (missed out on a WILDCARD spot by 1 game and %) - great finish to the season but like the seniors a season ruined (although in this instance it was due to a poor first half of the season)

Saad 27 touches, Hately 27 (with 7 clearances), Hindy 32, O'Neill 30, Setters a lovely Q4 to finish with 27

Shanahan 5 goals and Tsatas the standout with 41 touches, 8 clearances and a goal - he just needs to not rush his kicks or try to kick the bejesus out of the ball and take the smart and first option first.... that'll come over time as not everyone has those "footy smarts" immediately

My props and kudos to 2MP - real professional workman like performance there today with 2 goals, 15 touches and 37 hitouts and did some nice team things and looked to take the first and best option each time

Hitouts were 53-28 and had we not been so sloppy in the 2nd quarter might have won by 10+ goals

A couple of players i reckon we might look at getting on the AFL list - Shanners for one, Hately IMO

Surely Saady is worth a crack to DEBUT next week

Father / son Noah Caracella ran out the game well and ended with 11 touches (5 in the last quarter) - worth our last pick in the draft (late #80s) if no one bids on him) - prob needs another 12 months of development

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ran out the game very well in the last to run out winners 16.15=11 to 11.7=73

We finish 11th (missed out on a WILDCARD spot by 1 game and %) - great finish to the season but like the seniors a season ruined (although in this instance it was due to a poor first half of the season)

Saad 27 touches, Hately 27 (with 7 clearances), Hindy 32, O'Neill 30, Setters a lovely Q4 to finish with 27

Shanahan 5 goals and Tsatas the standout with 41 touches, 8 clearances and a goal - he just needs to not rush his kicks or try to kick the bejesus out of the ball and take the smart and first option first.... that'll come over time as not everyone has those "footy smarts" immediately

My props and kudos to 2MP - real professional workman like performance there today with 2 goals, 15 touches and 37 hitouts and did some nice team things and looked to take the first and best option each time

Hitouts were 53-28 and had we not been so sloppy in the 2nd quarter might have won by 10+ goals

A couple of players i reckon we might look at getting on the AFL list - Shanners for one, Hately IMO

Surely Saady is worth a crack to DEBUT next week

Father / son Noah Caracella ran out the game well and ended with 11 touches (5 in the last quarter) - worth our last pick in the draft (late #80s) if no one bids on him) - prob needs another 12 months of development
appreciate the summary!

You’ve gotta laugh at the absurdity of this ****ing club. Seniors go on a losing streak and just miss the finals while the seconds go in a winning streak and just miss the finals. Nothing surer than perfectly balanced mediocrity from each end of the spectrum at Essendon. Twats!
Gashes. I think that's what you're looking for in this thread.

Mixed feelings. As a supporter of Coburg, I was happy that they were reasonably competitive. As an Essendon fan, they should have won by more.

#5 Elijah Tsatas: Best on. He was everywhere. His delivery was solid, clearances were top notch.

#12 Will Setterfield: Solid inside and had to play second ruck when Goldy got injured.

#17 Todd Goldstein: Really good for the first quarter but was clearly injured after.

#18 Lewis Hayes: Liked his game. Did a decent job on Podhajski.

#19 Nick Hind: Ran and carried but played selfish football again.

#20 Peter Wright: Looked good forward and then dominated an undersized Will Bella in the ruck. Was very good, but you'd expect it so.

#33 Alwyn Davey jr: Average, Got the ball but wasn't particular dangerous with it.

#34 Luamon Lual: He played well, pressure was good and kicked 2 goals.

#36 Jayden Davey: Pretty average game. Pressure poor. No goals.

#40 Tex Wanganeen: Overall solid. Played well ball in hand. A very good but not overly penetrating kick.

#41 Saad El-Hawli: He was good as a linkman. Not as dangerous in previous games.

Very keen on Shanahan but will be out of our draft range.

Mixed feelings. As a supporter of Coburg, I was happy that they were reasonably competitive. As an Essendon fan, they should have won by more.

#5 Elijah Tsatas: Best on. He was everywhere. His delivery was solid, clearances were top notch.

#12 Will Setterfield: Solid inside and had to play second ruck when Goldy got injured.

#17 Todd Goldstein: Really good for the first quarter but was clearly injured after.

#18 Lewis Hayes: Liked his game. Did a decent job on Podhajski.

#19 Nick Hind: Ran and carried but played selfish football again.

#20 Peter Wright: Looked good forward and then dominated an undersized Will Bella in the ruck. Was very good, but you'd expect it so.

#33 Alwyn Davey jr: Average, Got the ball but wasn't particular dangerous with it.

#34 Luamon Lual: He played well, pressure was good and kicked 2 goals.

#36 Jayden Davey: Pretty average game. Pressure poor. No goals.

#40 Tex Wanganeen: Overall solid. Played well ball in hand. A very good but not overly penetrating kick.

#41 Saad El-Hawli: He was good as a linkman. Not as dangerous in previous games.

Very keen on Shanahan but will be out of our draft range.
What did you think of Ngyuen and Caracella?
Are either a shot for a late or rookie pick?

What did you think of Ngyuen and Caracella?
Are either a shot for a late or rookie pick?
Nguyen was very good. Cara I don't see it happening

If Noah isn't bid on we could take him with pick 80-whatever or rookie him

Probably needs another 12 months of development before you could make a true assessment
Nah. He's better off being in the state leagues a year or two.

How was Flynn gentile?
Good. He's had a very good season and deserves the FRM medal IMO (although I think Yoda_ would have a better grasp on the favourites).

Obviously m biased and would love to see him play for two of my favourite clubs but I don't think he's the right player for us.

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL COBURG vs ESSENDON, Sunday 18 August, 1:05pm, Piranha Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Back