Past #1: Hamish McIntosh - drafted at pick 9 in '02 ND - traded to Geelong for #36 in '12 trade period

who's the best ruckman

• D.JOLLY

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • M.CLARKE

• A.SANDILANDS

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I felt that as the game went on they had more of an influence on the game... though that was probably due to a number of factors. It is probably worth persisting with next year.

However, WTF was with the decision to leave Pedo out of the side? I mean FFS, we look a much better side with him in it.

Hamish is slow as a wet week, good grief what has he been doing in rehab, drinking boxes of cans?

Absolutley right, apparently H and the statue R. Tarrant are going to have a 100 mtr race, you could turn up 5 minutes late and still see the last 65mtrs.:p

For what its worth I'm of the belief H shouldn't be at North next season.But he probably will be.

Matt Campbell is important then. Cos he was invisible today. Didn't stick a tackle and didn't get near the footy.Had one chance to impact and didn't score.

Matt Cambell has shit me no end in the past two games. Well it's hardly his fault but he has been destroyed on the lead and one out. More than once Gilbert got a fist in and they scored on the rebound cos of it. Then this week Scott gave him a paddock to work with and still couldn't take a trick. He's just too easy to spoil.

I still have a big concern as to Todd's hit out effectiveness. He needs to watch the WC games to see that hit outs are best when they don't go to your feet and give the opposition equal chance.

I felt that as the game went on they had more of an influence on the game... though that was probably due to a number of factors. It is probably worth persisting with next year.

However, WTF was with the decision to leave Pedo out of the side? I mean FFS, we look a much better side with him in it.

Probably a straight swap to have a look at Black.

Matt Cambell has shit me no end in the past two games. Well it's hardly his fault but he has been destroyed on the lead and one out. More than once Gilbert got a fist in and they scored on the rebound cos of it. Then this week Scott gave him a paddock to work with and still couldn't take a trick. He's just too easy to spoil.
Maybe that's because he's a crumber and not a leading forward...?

Thought it worked well. Hamish gave a fair bit up forward which I wasn't sure he was capable of, but then it was only against Richmond. But yep, enough to suggest it could work next season. Does that mean Hansen misses out?

I thought it worked fairly well, especially at kick ins (both ends) good to have big men on both flanks when there is no other options, interesting to see Goldy dropping straight into the backline after the centre bounce.

And couldn't understand why Petrie had to take so many contests? Surely one of these two could've been around the ball at almost all times (Swallow even took one).

Not sure we'll see Campbell play for North again I think Boomer will play as a FT small fwd from next season with licence to roam. Campbell unfortunately just isn't good enough.

Yeah campbell was woeful,while the Nahas for the tigers was ripping us a new one.

He puts a lot of pressure on but cant make a tackle stick.He is a bad tackler .

Some players get a free ride while Ross never got a look in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looked good tonite but his opposition was mediocre. But what concerns me is that if we trade Hamish, that leaves Goldy to carry the ruck on his own like he has this year. What the hell would happen if Goldy went down with an injury? It'd be season over for NMFC IMO. Hopefully Hamish up forward helping Goldy out in the ruck would work but we must keep Hamish for back-up in the very least.

We have an excess of talls........

I can't see us fitting 5 talls Goldy, Hamish, Pedo, Petrie and the emerging Daw in the side each week next year and getting away with it.

It's a similar situation to when we had Petrie, Hamish, Hale, Goldy and Moran

Time to roll the dice and trade Hamish.

I heard him on SEN after the game tonight and he said he has sat down and spoken with the coaches, he loves North and he's going nowhere. End of story.

I suspect that Bon & Co. might have told him that he would not automatically be getting a game, but he wants to stay anyway.

The worst kicking display I've seen from hamish EVER. So if his kicking was that far off then you'd expect, whilst only Richmond, that he'd struggle with the pace of AFL first up in a while. Taking that into account, it didn't go too bad, although not sure we can fit Hamish, Dish, Lachie, and Uncke Blacky into our fwd line.

Heard Hmac like Teffy. Will stay. Didn't um and ah while saying he wanted to stay, suggesting he knows what he wants and that he knows he will get what he wants.

I think we should keep him for the major reason that if Goldy goes down then Daw and Mabon aren't up to it yet as feasible backups in the ruck.

What did we think of the H and Goldy tandem tonight? I thought Goldy looked down on his usual output and performance, but that could just be because it's the end of a long year for him where he's had to carry the ruck. He did OK across half back in the first half with a few marks.

Absolutley right, apparently H and the statue R. Tarrant are going to have a 100 mtr race, you could turn up 5 minutes late and still see the last 65mtrs.:p

For what its worth I'm of the belief H shouldn't be at North next season.But he probably will be.

Robbie Tarrant a statue??? Then something seriously must have happened to him in the last couple of seasons. I remember seeing him close up in a training game pre-season last year. He was the fastest moving "big man" I had ever seen. I held out great hopes for him on the back of that. If he is now a "statue", I don't know what to say.

Robbie Tarrant a statue??? Then something seriously must have happened to him in the last couple of seasons. I remember seeing him close up in a training game pre-season last year. He was the fastest moving "big man" I had ever seen. I held out great hopes for him on the back of that. If he is now a "statue", I don't know what to say.

My perception of Robbie is he has good straight line speed. I think he lacks agility and his work below his knees is poor. Plenty of upside for a bloke who was basically in his first season. I hate seeing people offer him up as BF trade bait. He can mark and kick. That's not a bad start.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #1: Hamish McIntosh - drafted at pick 9 in '02 ND - traded to Geelong for #36 in '12 trade period

Back