Past #1: Hamish McIntosh - drafted at pick 9 in '02 ND - traded to Geelong for #36 in '12 trade period

who's the best ruckman

• D.JOLLY

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • M.CLARKE

• A.SANDILANDS

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Boomdog45 said:

BFFFF.......! What send him out against the 2 best ruckman in the league Cox and the other talls they have? in his 2nd game? talk about lambs to the slaughter....think about - it makes more sense when you stop and think about this one. If anyone was to come up for the 1 game or maybe 2 it will be Mckernan - because of his experiance

roo9699 said:
BFFFF.......! What send him out against the 2 best ruckman in the league Cox and the other talls they have? in his 2nd game? talk about lambs to the slaughter....think about - it makes more sense when you stop and think about this one. If anyone was to come up for the 1 game or maybe 2 it will be Mckernan - because of his experiance

Good Point
Was gonna say Hamish till i read that

Corey Mckernan :cool:

Put them both in.

That way Corey can takle Cox along with Petrie and it will give H a chance to slip in under their radar!

Then again a forward line with Thommo, Sav and Hamish might be just a little too slow, but if we only have either Sav or Hamish on the ground at any one time it might be okay.

hard_ball_get said:
Put them both in.

That way Corey can takle Cox along with Petrie and it will give H a chance to slip in under their radar!

Then again a forward line with Thommo, Sav and Hamish might be just a little too slow, but if we only have either Sav or Hamish on the ground at any one time it might be okay.

Slow & silly move the second option. What radar is H on ? Too feeble for the Big League still.

Corey only needs 4 games to make it 200 in a North jumper. C'mon big fella, it's time to turnback the clock circa 96-97. Everyone will be watching !

Cox has too much weight for Hale, so it's a blessing in disguise for North.

Apparently Hamish needs a rest and it would be nice if Corey was given one last shot

Worked for Harding
Worked for Sav

would be nice to three-peat the fairy tale.

At the very least it would give McKernan a Chance to retire in the seniors on his own terms and I doubt any north supporter would not appreciate that for a champion of the club

I was expecting a big game from Hamish over the weekend against the Coburg Tigers - well, to be honest, he put in a shocker...Seems afraid to use his bulk, was easily pushed off the ball in the boundary line throw ins....

He would need to improve tenfold to get a game in the seniors....Seems good enough, but needs to be more aggressive.........

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Needs another summer in the gym, he is still very skinny and weak for his height.

Rix is a monster at VFL level too.

Thewlis Dish said:
Needs another summer in the gym, he is still very skinny and weak for his height.

Rix is a monster at VFL level too.
Rix is one solid muthafuker.

Big H really looks a player, just (as all ruckmen do) is taking his time to develop. High draft pick, looks mean just looked like he lacked the strength on his debut to be prominent in the ruck at afl level, is emergency this week so that shows progress but im a big fan of the kid as he is giving good signs. Your thoughts?

Yep true he will take his time.

If you look at guys like Spider Everitt, they do not peak until they are truley developed at age 26-28. Unlike midfielders who can impact heavily on games from the early age of 20.

He dominates at VFL level but his body is not quite ready and he is probably a year or two away from being a really good player.

If he has a huge pre-season and then he may even be able to contribute significantly next year.

Given the excitement his name conjurs at the footy club there is a lot of confidence that he is going to be the next big thing.
I haven't seen it yet with the PM games I saw but I respect the opinion of the better judges who have seen a lot more of him than I have.
I hope he isn't smothered by the huge wraps and can produce. We are investing in him and showing a lot of patience.

gokangas said:
I hope he isn't smothered by the huge wraps and can produce. We are investing in him and showing a lot of patience.

He isn't being given an easy ride, he is being made to earn his spot in the senior side, some argue made to earn it more than many others who constantly get games and do not perform.

He just needs to show he has the hunger, he would need a massive pre-season and take the bull by the horns if he wants to figure heavily in 2006, but I think it is important he gets serious game time as I believe he will be out of contract at the end of 2006, I would want him to get a fair opportunity if he deserves it.

He should have got more game time this year, he did tire late in the year like most of our kids did but earlier in the year he was starring and not getting a game despite weakness both in the ruck and up forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #1: Hamish McIntosh - drafted at pick 9 in '02 ND - traded to Geelong for #36 in '12 trade period

Back