Past #1: Hamish McIntosh - drafted at pick 9 in '02 ND - traded to Geelong for #36 in '12 trade period

who's the best ruckman

• D.JOLLY

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • M.CLARKE

• A.SANDILANDS

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought he looked very nervous but that is understandable. I think McKernan only played one game in '93 before bursting onto the scene and Hale took a while to come on, so if you worry about Monster's form then you worry too much.

utility said:
I thought he looked very nervous but that is understandable. I think McKernan only played one game in '93 before bursting onto the scene and Hale took a while to come on, so if you worry about Monster's form then you worry too much.

Yes that's right. I wasn't expecting a great deal from him ,particularly in the conditions, but he's a long term prospect. I expect he'll get dropped for Drew next week but will get other chances later this year in preparation for a more permanent role next season.

Weather didn't help the big boys as the Coburg ground was greasy today but I must say I am getting more than a little nervous about the progress of Big H. Every time I see him he fails to impress.
Given the wraps the club has on him I am worried that he isn't starting to look like he should be playing ones.
I know I haven't seen as much as him as many others on bigfooty but I just have this gut feeling somethings not happening for him.
He needs to start demanding a game but just looks soft.
Nice goal to win the game today but even then he just rolled the ball onto the boot when he could have stopped and had a set shot from 20 out - lucky the ball bounced right. Showed poor judgement.
Anyone here convince me I should relax and wait?

gokangas said:
Weather didn't help the big boys as the Coburg ground was greasy today but I must say I am getting more than a little nervous about the progress of Big H. Every time I see him he fails to impress.
Given the wraps the club has on him I am worried that he isn't starting to look like he should be playing ones.
I know I haven't seen as much as him as many others on bigfooty but I just have this gut feeling somethings not happening for him.
He needs to start demanding a game but just looks soft.
Nice goal to win the game today but even then he just rolled the ball onto the boot when he could have stopped and had a set shot from 20 out - lucky the ball bounced right. Showed poor judgement.
Anyone here convince me I should relax and wait?

Although servicable was a little down on form today.

I've seen enough of "H" over the past two seasons to make a call trust me "Go Kangas" he's gunna be a gooden...........

He did miss a game a few weeks ago with general soreness? after coming close to a senior call up. He is looking a little tired? Maybe carrying an injury?

Please remember he's 22

speedy said:
Collectively our young players have been disappointing. Injuries haven’t helped this year.

Hopefully they can start playing some injury free games now, Shore, Perry, Trotter, Watson. These are the second teir player JYD has been talking of, if Urch can overcome his injuries and H can again push for selection along with Sharvey showing something at last will only benefit our progress for the remainder of the season and beyond.

Cheers all.

You would imagine that Urch, Trotter, Grima, Chad Jones and even Perry (did his hammy just before the season) would have played more games were it not for injury.
Hopefully we see them in the second half of the year, along with McIntosh and Watson.
It is in our own interest to at least see what they can offer.
And the new messiah (seven-goal BOB)! :) :D

I thought he was pretty good today - especially on a heavy track. Plenty of hard work, chasing and tackling and took a fair few marks. I was more impressed with his game than McKernan's

Lidge said:
I thought he was pretty good today - especially on a heavy track. Plenty of hard work, chasing and tackling and took a fair few marks. I was more impressed with his game than McKernan's
What he said.

Hamish was fantastic, especially early on. I don't think he is 100% yet either after missing a game or 2 a little while back. I am more worried about just about all of our other kids (namely Watson, Trotter, Urch, Shore and Sansbury).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

windsock said:
Trotter? A pretty impressive performance in his second game for the year I would have thought. Tough judge!
For a top 10 draft pick who has been in the system well over a year now, he has failed to impress and has been injured too much. BTW, I'm not writing him off and declaring him a dud either - just saying I am less worried about Hamish than him.

I have not been overly impressed with Trotter but I thought his game today was better then any others. If he can string together a few games at Port I would expect hom to get a call up. He kicks well on both sides of his body and hit targets 40 to 50 meters away when under pressure. I was told that Le Cras played at the Port seconds today and I can't understand that. Did anyone catch any of the Port Seconds to confirm this?

Hotel 6 said:
I have not been overly impressed with Trotter but I thought his game today was better then any others. If he can string together a few games at Port I would expect hom to get a call up. He kicks well on both sides of his body and hit targets 40 to 50 meters away when under pressure. I was told that Le Cras played at the Port seconds today and I can't understand that. Did anyone catch any of the Port Seconds to confirm this?

Hotel6

Le cras is named in the senior side and will be playing tomorrow against the tigers at TD :confused:

Paul

Paulkanga2000 said:
Hotel6

Le cras is named in the senior side and will be playing tomorrow against the tigers at TD :confused:

Paul

Thanks Paul, the lady that told me was about 80 :D and kept asking me all day, "What's the score, love?" She also said the reserves won by about 20 goals but I am not sure if that is right as she could not read the scoreboard!!!

Hotel 6 said:
Thanks Paul, the lady that told me was about 80 :D and kept asking me all day, "What's the score, love?" She also said the reserves won by about 20 goals but I am not sure if that is right as she could not read the scoreboard!!!

I just grabbed this from the VFL site....I thought she was nuts, we only won by 103 points ;)

2005 TXU VFL Reserves

Coburg Tigers 2.3 2.8 3.8 5.13 (43)
Port Melbourne 5.3 8.8 17.11 22.14 (146)

BEST:
Coburg Tigers: Caruso Crouch May Chambers Briggam Limbach
Port Melbourne: Gilham Bloom McMahon Dwyer Aloi Pinwill

GOALS:
Coburg Tigers: Monteath 2 Lagozzino Darby Limbach
Port Melbourne: Gilham 6 Pinwill 4 Bonaddio 2 Rudd 2 Bloom 2 Dwyer 2 Moran 2 Aloi Jones

Hotel 6 said:

She probably meant Chad Jones who was coming back from injury.

Darky said:
I thought Trotter was pretty good today...
He surely is one of our better kicks at the club?

Pinpointing them from everywhere on the ground.

utility said:
Meh... you could have said the same thing about Luke Ball.
hahhaha, no you couldn't.

That is the funniest thing I have ever read.

Ball has done infinitely more than Trotter has. FFS he is the number 1 midfielder in a Premiership contender's side, whilst Trotter has been in and out of the Port Melbourne reserves.

You only have to look at the last time Trotter had an extended run without injury - he was in a very strong Port Melbourne seniors side ofr most of last season, as a kid who was only just 18.

If he's failed to impress so far you must be a very tough marker, unless you could injuries as a lack of form. Easy to forget the guy is just 19.

year of the roo said:
Ball has done infinitely more than Trotter has. FFS he is the number 1 midfielder in a Premiership contender's side, whilst Trotter has been in and out of the Port Melbourne reserves.

Firstly, I don't think he has played Port twos whilst fit. He has played a few first game back from an injury and was straight in.

If you can't see the bloke has heaps of ability and a little something extra rare in a teenager (again, a teenager) then my faith in your footy knowledge has been severely dented.

Gun.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #1: Hamish McIntosh - drafted at pick 9 in '02 ND - traded to Geelong for #36 in '12 trade period

Back