Past #1: Hamish McIntosh - drafted at pick 9 in '02 ND - traded to Geelong for #36 in '12 trade period

who's the best ruckman

• D.JOLLY

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • M.CLARKE

• A.SANDILANDS

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Because our best 30 are either players that have little mileage left and would be less value as trades than what they still offer, and the remaining players will form a part of our third premiership dynasty. Our list is all but set and we just don't need to go on any significant trading ventures.

Possible tradeable players:

Brayden Norris
Ben Ross
Matthew Scott
Marcus White
.....and possibly Gavin Urquart.

If you want one, then throw up an offer.

All other players are required and off limits. IMO, any other trades would require an opposition club to pay overs.

Yeah who are we guna pick up offering them backyarders. Seriously alot of narrow minded supporters at the moment. All other players required??? Why because we are just flying at 3 and 7. We all know we need a bit more class in the team. Just 1 more finisher could make all the difference IMHO

Someone in the class of Taylor Walker, Sylvia, Boak would be great.

Taylor Walker is shitful. Black and Hansen will have him covered in the not too distant future. Would not want him at our club and he has already signed for GWS.

To get Boak or Sylvia to our club we would have to pay Hamish plus a first round pick to get either of them here. With the new sub rule, I don't think Ruckman are as valuable because most of the time you will only play one of them in your side.

If hamish was to be offered up for trade, I'd just want another draft pick for him. We've been excellent with our recruiting in previous years and there is no reason why we couldn't pick up another good player in the late first round (which is what I would expect to get for hamish, a late first round pick)

In all seriousness though, we need to find a way to play two ruckman and do it effectively, because Goldy and Hmac are too good a combination to not have running around together.

To get Boak or Sylvia to our club we would have to pay Hamish plus a first round pick to get either of them here. With the new sub rule, I don't think Ruckman are as valuable because most of the time you will only play one of them in your side.

If hamish was to be offered up for trade, I'd just want another draft pick for him. We've been excellent with our recruiting in previous years and there is no reason why we couldn't pick up another good player in the late first round (which is what I would expect to get for hamish, a late first round pick)

In all seriousness though, we need to find a way to play two ruckman and do it effectively, because Goldy and Hmac are too good a combination to not have running around together.

lol not way, Judd was what 2 low first rounders? These guys are nowhere near that. Atley, JZ, Cunnington are first rounders, you'd trade 2 of these guys? I say that because Hmac is easy worth a top 10 pick. While 2 rucks should remain out of favour it makes it more vital your first ruck is quality.

While I think trading hmac is right idea, for the life of me can't work out what for. Probably need to look at who be interested first;

Collingwood, st. Kilda, Geelong, port , gws
Collingwood ; 1st rounder plus fringe maybe goldsack

St kilda ; 1st rounder plus swap there 2nd for our 3rd rounder

Geelong ; maybe mackie plus 2nd rounder

Port; our 2nd plus h for hartlett. Or Thomas 2nd rounder and h for boak

Gws; pick 11, 13 or 15 or hmac plus a couple of fringe ( gav, Warren) for 7 or 9
Best way look port or gws

While I think trading hmac is right idea, for the life of me can't work out what for. Probably need to look at who be interested first;

Collingwood, st. Kilda, Geelong, port , gws
Collingwood ; 1st rounder plus fringe maybe goldsack

St kilda ; 1st rounder plus swap there 2nd for our 3rd rounder

Geelong ; maybe mackie plus 2nd rounder

Port; our 2nd plus h for hartlett. Or Thomas 2nd rounder and h for boak

Gws; pick 11, 13 or 15 or hmac plus a couple of fringe ( gav, Warren) for 7 or 9
Best way look port or gws

I don't think we can pull this trade off unless you can factor at least another 4 clubs in to the equation.

Even though you've lost your last eight against us?

There would be a good dozen players in our side that would get in Melbourne's best 22.

Grima
Hansen
Petrie
Ziebell
Harvey
Thompson
Goldstein
Wells
Rawlings
Swallow
Adams
Bastinac
Greenwood

Would all be 12 definite starters in a combined side.

Then there's McMahon, Thomas, Firrito, and the youngsters Atley, Cunnington, Harper and Wright to consider down the track.

I also expect Delaney to eventually be a better key defender than Warnock.

Frawley, Grima, Rawlings
Thompson, Rivers, Sylvia
Wells, Swallow, Trengove
Harvey, Hansen, Adams
Jurrah, Petrie, Green

Goldstein, Greenwood, Scully

Watts, Moloney, Bastinac, Ziebell

I chose to go with only one ruckman and I preferred Goldstein as he is tracking much better than Jamar at a younger age.

Frawley, Grima, Rawlings
Thompson, Rivers, Sylvia
Wells, Swallow, Trengove
Harvey, Hansen, Adams
Jurrah, Petrie, Green

Goldstein, Greenwood, Scully

Watts, Moloney, Bastinac, Ziebell

I chose to go with only one ruckman and I preferred Goldstein as he is tracking much better than Jamar at a younger age.

Surely Grimes is better than Rawlings.

Gysberts is pretty decent too

the time has come. We need to take a risk and make a big trade at end of season. If it doesn't come off i can live with the fact that we atleast had a go at trying to pick up a gun from another club. The two players on my wish list both have some serious ex factor, but both look diss illusioned with there current clubs and north melbourne would be the perfect fit for either travis boak or colin sylvia. I think the unlucky one in all of this has to be hamish mcintosh. With goldstein rucking well and majak daw looming as a potentiol back up ruckman i think the time has come to release mcintosh for a quality class act with a bit of ex factor from another club and boak or sylvia would be the two id have a go at.

Other potentiol trades?

Pratt to gws for decent draft pick
scott thompson to gws for decent draft pick
brady rawlings to gws for decent draft pick if he wants to go
lachie hansen for anything
lindsay thomas for anything
matt campbell for anything

ur kidding with thompson-he is a top player who gets all the oppositions best player,bad call.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lol not way, Judd was what 2 low first rounders? These guys are nowhere near that. Atley, JZ, Cunnington are first rounders, you'd trade 2 of these guys? I say that because Hmac is easy worth a top 10 pick. While 2 rucks should remain out of favour it makes it more vital your first ruck is quality.

yes neither of these guys aree anywhere near that, but they are both contracted, and to get them to our club you would have to pay overs by a significant amount! Hence why I would never do it. And no, I'd never trade those guys for Boak or Sylvia, I was simply saying that Hmac plus a first rounder is what would be required to move them from clubs that they are contracted too.

No way is Hmac worth a top ten pick IMO. Late first round is the max we would get for him. No one would give up a top ten pick , simply because he hasn't played this year and injuries are starting to become a real big problem with him

As I've said in another thread, if you want to trade Hamish, look to Port. They've got a 30 year old ruckman (Brogan) with heaps of miles on the clock who is beginning to become injury prone - and also prone to fatigue within matches. Behind Brogan they've got a couple of injury prone absolute projects. They are desperate, and that's the attribute you are always looking for in a trade partner. Hell, half of this board probably look for that attribute in a LIFE partner!!

As I've said in another thread, if you want to trade Hamish, look to Port. They've got a 30 year old ruckman (Brogan) with heaps of miles on the clock who is beginning to become injury prone - and also prone to fatigue within matches. Behind Brogan they've got a couple of injury prone absolute projects. They are desperate, and that's the attribute you are always looking for in a trade partner. Hell, half of this board probably look for that attribute in a LIFE partner!!

Why would we bother though?

Hamish doesn't want to leave North and he is a very good AFL ruckman.

Port would have to part with pick 4 or Boak or some such thing, in order to make the deal worthwhile to us, and they need their heads read if they do that for a ruckman.

Taylor Walker is shitful. Black and Hansen will have him covered in the not too distant future. Would not want him at our club and he has already signed for GWS.

Mate u are of yah head walker will piss all over hansen on his oppisite hansen has now been in the system for 6 years and shiown absolutely nothing he shoould be told to leave the club n stopped gettin payed for doin nothin i would rather sumone who cant get a touch but has a crack because half the time Hansen goes at 10%

The time has come. We need to take a risk and make a big trade at end of season. If it doesn't come off I can live with the fact that we atleast had a go at trying to pick up a gun from another club. The two players on my wish list both have some serious ex factor, but both look diss illusioned with there current clubs and North Melbourne would be the perfect fit for either Travis Boak or Colin Sylvia. I think the unlucky one in all of this has to be Hamish Mcintosh. With Goldstein rucking well and Majak Daw looming as a potentiol back up ruckman I think the time has come to release Mcintosh for a quality class act with a bit of ex factor from another club and Boak or Sylvia would be the two id have a go at.

Other potentiol trades?

Pratt to GWS for decent draft pick
Scott Thompson to GWS for decent draft pick
Brady Rawlings to GWS for decent draft pick if he wants to go
Lachie Hansen for anything
Lindsay Thomas for anything
Matt Campbell for anything

Mate i totally agree with u we are getting no where at the moment we need to pick up a big timer that can show the kidsw the riopes with harvey
I dont like any of the trades u have put up i would like to trade rawlings & Hansen & thomas for Taylor walker & a 2 or 3rd round draft pick or go to another club and pick up a expeirenced player for the 2or 3 i put up i would keep macca tho!

Mate u are of yah head walker will piss all over hansen on his oppisite hansen has now been in the system for 6 years and shiown absolutely nothing he shoould be told to leave the club n stopped gettin payed for doin nothin i would rather sumone who cant get a touch but has a crack because half the time Hansen goes at 10%
<haventgotaclue.jpg>

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #1: Hamish McIntosh - drafted at pick 9 in '02 ND - traded to Geelong for #36 in '12 trade period

Back