Senior 1. Jack Silvagni

Remove this Banner Ad

Tempting to play him because on form he is smashing the door down and ain't getting a gig because of his surname. Lots of the all time great have been dropped in it as skinny kids. Flower, Stynes, Wilson and SOS to name a few.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

All the more tempting because Silvagni creates and then kicks goals, himself.

Early days of course, but still surprised that no-one other than Essendon (the pick before ours) cared to nominate him.

I'm fine with Jack not debuting at all this year, same with McKay. Both are project players and are still to raw and physically underdeveloped to be playing seniors atm. We don't want a Jack Watts type scenario.

I'd let them develop in the 2's but some size on in the off season, then have another look next year.

I feel supporters with Big Harry in particular will be too impatient with him, and he will get criticised like Hawkins did for the early part of his career if he's not kicking goals
McKay would have nearly 10 kilos on Watts at the same age; what they need to be able to do is be able to give 75% game time in their role. I'd say the VFL equivalent would be almost 85%.

Early days of course, but still surprised that no-one other than Essendon (the pick before ours) cared to nominate him.

I would think the other clubs did not even bother as knew there was no chance of us not taking him. We could match anything easily so their focus for the day was on realistic options. The Essendon bid was just having a bit of a laugh.

I would think the other clubs did not even bother as knew there was no chance of us not taking him. We could match anything easily so their focus for the day was on realistic options. The Essendon bid was just having a bit of a laugh.
Probably because he was so raw and by the time picks came around where they really began to rate him, they thought it was too petty to make us pay a bit extra to match the bid. Perhaps being perceived as not much of a threat, due to our lowly position on the ladder, saved us a bit from a higher bid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Third Gen, arguably more passion surrounds this FS than any other in the history of the game - I'm talking Carlton fans here - I think clubs knew it was a wasted effort trying to get him. Ess bid partly as a joke and partly out of respect for Jack (they said he deserved to go earlier). SOS said he thought bids if they came would have been in 20s so that's the watermark I think.

He plays and marks like his dad but looks to be a better kick. Win win win..

Would love to see him in for this week against Saints. I know they have managed his time so far, but I don't think we will get a better chance to blood him against an undermanned and undersized Saints backline.
SOS wasn't a bad kick, his action was a little ungainly but still hit the target more often than not.

Four sausage rolls two weeks in a row - what's not to like - well done Jack

SOSOS, SOS, SOJ, Sausage - anyone down at training actually heard what they yell on the lead? Any chance they might call him ZOOT?

Yeah were not saying he was a bad kick.... just that Jack looks to be better, certainly has a better technique
From the look of things, SOS didn't teach Jack to kick, as his kicking decayed terribly towards the end of his career and was inconsistent earlier. Jack's kicking looks like it has the technical accuracy of someone who has been taught properly. SOS probably organized that when he was coaching.
I hope the other boys have similar styles.

Remove this Banner Ad

Senior 1. Jack Silvagni

Remove this Banner Ad

Back