Senior 1. Jack Silvagni

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anyone know which club Ben plays for? I have heard somewhere he is playing for his school, not for a club.
If that's the case, does anyone know the school?
Jack I believe went to Xavier , a school that has always had a good football side - trust me, I was often on the end of a Xavier thrashing!!
It'd be fun to go to a Xavier game and see Ben play, one Saturday morning.

Congratulations Jack.
The Silvagni name is central to the history and heart of the Carlton Football Club, and all members, fans and supporters, and I suspect also much of the wider football public, will be thrilled to see you debut for the club your father and grand father played for, this weekend.
Try and enjoy the moment young man, and GO BLUES !!!

A big congratulations to the kid in the photo below.

apr-1999-jack-silvagni-son-of-stephen-silvagni-of-carlton-at-the-2-picture-id1009771

Can't believe the club are trying to sell long sleeve wool jumpers with a number 2 on the back for two hundred bucks... They need to get in touch with reality.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Can't believe the club are trying to sell long sleeve wool jumpers with a number 2 on the back for two hundred bucks... They need to get in touch with reality.

In their defence, it is a Merino wool jumper, not the stuff the guys got around in 40 years ago, and they're trying to simultaneously appeal to collectors and mug punters.

The average family still doesn't have $200 sitting in a drawer. They are trying to profit way to much out of the sentimentality of the occasion, and that is wrong. Many can't afford it and will feel left out as a result.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The average family still doesn't have $200 sitting in a drawer. They are trying to profit way to much out of the sentimentality of the occasion, and that is wrong. Many can't afford it and will feel left out as a result.

If the average family is budgeting for a Merino wool footy jumper, the average family has no right to complain about the cost of living.

It's a pretty frivolous item; save yourself $125 by getting a regular jumper with a 2.

It's not about budgeting. It's about what the common supporter can afford and what the club is apparently striving for, inclusion.

It's not about budgeting. It's about what the common supporter can afford and what the club is apparently striving for, inclusion.

That's what you get with the regular memorabilia and merchandise; they're trying out different market segments.

They are trying to be different with the most household name that every Carlton supporter wants to be included in.

Landed in Melbourne yesterday for a few weeks visiting after having relocated overseas last year. I organised to go to this game with a Collingwood supporting mate a week ago, so how happy am I to find out last night that I get the chance to witness Jack's debut. This is bloody awesome. Couldn't have timed it better.

That's what you get with the regular memorabilia and merchandise; they're trying out different market segments.

Yup, not everyone can afford the $200 raffle tickets or the large glass framed memorabilia pieces either but we cater to the market.

I don't feel excluded. Every bit they make is somewhere else they may be able to give back to garden variety supporters down the track. We're not a communist club.

Landed in Melbourne yesterday for a few weeks visiting after having relocated overseas last year. I organised to go to this game with a Collingwood supporting mate a week ago, so how happy am I to find out last night that I get the chance to witness Jack's debut. This is bloody awesome. Couldn't have timed it better.

Awesome timing. Hope it is a great day for you.
Very historic day to see grandson and son of club greats make his debut.
Very rare league event.

Remove this Banner Ad

Senior 1. Jack Silvagni

Remove this Banner Ad

Back