1 list spot open in the MSD, what position do we need to fill the most or do we pick best available or do we pick a mature aged player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of the limited information being bandied around, it looks like we are in for Max Hall. Apparently he has come on in leaps and bounds in the last 18 months and would probably be a Hawk if not for their win on Sunday.

Personally, I really like the look of the obvious guys who will go in the top few, the next bunch you can throw a bit of a blanket over it seems.

Payne and Blight in particular sound perfect for us, which is obviously a little annoying as they'll no doubt be out of reach. That Falcons kid seems decent also. I'll never be a recruiter as the reason why I don't want someone like Hutchinson is due to him playing for Collingwood VFL.

Having said that, Hall being a bull at a gate goalkicking fwd/mid could be exactly what we need.

I'm finding it interesting at the lack of interest on this board for this draft. It's state league players and rejects but it's still something to get half excited about in these dark times!

Of the limited information being bandied around, it looks like we are in for Max Hall. Apparently he has come on in leaps and bounds in the last 18 months and would probably be a Hawk if not for their win on Sunday.

Personally, I really like the look of the obvious guys who will go in the top few, the next bunch you can throw a bit of a blanket over it seems.

Payne and Blight in particular sound perfect for us, which is obviously a little annoying as they'll no doubt be out of reach. That Falcons kid seems decent also. I'll never be a recruiter as the reason why I don't want someone like Hutchinson is due to him playing for Collingwood VFL.

Having said that, Hall being a bull at a gate goalkicking fwd/mid could be exactly what we need.

I'm finding it interesting at the lack of interest on this board for this draft. It's state league players and rejects but it's still something to get half excited about in these dark times!
100%. There is always hidden talent in the state leagues. Some players don’t hit their physical or emotional peak at 17 years of age in their draft year.

Hoping we get, in this order of preference:

Max Hall
Jackson Hately
Dan “DMac/D-Train” McKenzie

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The bloke must be pretty handy, even has his own website.... I am lost for words

BAHAHAHA get that fella! that is some serious BDE energy. thats what the Saints really need haha
Agree.

They all have websites anyway don’t they?

Much prefer this kid’s confidence and BDE than previous recruits such as:

McCartin

www.canplaygoodfootyifmyheaddoesntgethit.com.au

Billings

www.luvplayingfootyiftheweatherisniceandtheotherplayersarekind.com.au

Kent

www.mychestislikeatrampolineboingboing.com.au

Weller

www.gopwithdreamsphincter.com.au

etc

Hoping we get, in this order of preference:

Max Hall
Jackson Hately
Dan “DMac/D-Train” McKenzie

I can’t tell if the last two you listed was because you want to see some epic melts on this forum or you were actually being serious. The epic melts would help bring this forum back to life.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hately was no good at the Suns, requested a trade home to Adelaide, then was no good for Adelaide. DMac was one of my favourites but too injury prone now.

Hately was drafted to the Giants not the Suns.

But yea, two of my three choices were intended to be jokes.

I can’t tell if the last two you listed was because you want to see some epic melts on this forum or you were actually being serious. The epic melts would help bring this forum back to life.

Hately has kicked into gear this year.

"Hall looks bound for the Saints, who opted not to pick Old Brighton defender Max Benier for Sandringham at the weekend, meaning he is ineligible to be selected in the mid-season draft after playing only two VFL games."

D'Aloia seems to be pretty much what we need, or is he Dunny mkII? ( seems to be better defensively than Dunstan was ).

I would still have queries if that would translate to senior AFL form. You had guys like Raph Clarke and Bytel dominate the VFL, but could not translate the good when they were selected for the Saints in the seniors.

Bytel never dominated the VFL. He was a solid but unspectacular VFL level player. In 4 seasons he's had over 30 possessions 5 times. 5 games over 7 tackles. He's never really jumped. Riley Garcia in comparison has played a lot less VFL but in 2024 before making their senior side had jumped up to average 35 disposals and 145 fa points a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back