Moved Thread #1: Majak Daw -

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
absolutely gobsmacked, wow 109 and 127 in the shithouse draft by all, is better then Daw and Harper, GOBSMACKED I say.
One of those picks will be used to upgrade Fordham and I'm sure will pick up a delisted free agent so we will not use pick 127.

I've been told first hand by former Western Jets team mates the whole case against Maj is a total fabrication, sadly no matter who his name is tarnished .
It's a now 7 years down the track and its likely to be what he says vs what she says
You are spot on, can't wait until the case is over he will have nothing to answer for I don't want to go into details or sources but I'm confident, extremely confident.. In terms of him being a north player I'm not really sure just depending on how much background information other clubs have done in regards to this case will determine where he ends up.

On one hand it feels odd risking years we put into his development, for someone to just come in and snap him up. On the other hand he still has a very long way to go, and if Goldy went down he wouldn't be the answer anyway. Plus the trial factor.

Surprised with Majak being delisted and it is a gamble waiting for him to be re-rookied as he is definitely a better back up ruckman than going around at other clubs. Delaney I could live with, Majak I want around the club (court case pending). The positive angle must be Goldie is going to sign a big long term contract any second now.

But the issue is, we can't play brown in the ruck as he is our replacement for Petrie and waite and the other backups are further off being viable options than Maj. Would have been better to just bite the bullet and keep him on the list. We moved on a lot of guys this year, in harper, loose, grima, patch etc. we have never used 40 guys in the ones anyway. So saying we needed the list spot or would be one down if he was found guilty seems like a cop out to me:

Have to admit I'm fairly shocked about this, and disappointed.
Hoping we rookie him, can't imagine what the club has in mind for a backup to Goldy, if he goes down we go from top 4 to battling for 8th. Maj could've definitely kept us in the hunt if that was the case.

My suspicion is the football department never really wanted Majak in the first place but were strong armed into giving him a go by marketing/admin. As a fresh coach, Brad Scott didn't really have the power to resist. Now that Majak has become a liability off field, and with the coach having reached back-to-back prelims, the tide has turned.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My suspicion is the football department never really wanted Majak in the first place but were strong armed into giving him a go by marketing/admin. As a fresh coach, Brad Scott didn't really have the power to resist. Now that Majak has become a liability off field, and with the coach having reached back-to-back prelims, the tide has turned.
That's an interesting accusation.
You mean to say JB and Brad don't see eye to eye?

scream-16_6155.jpg

Oh, Rowan Marshall.

Is that a saucy call?

He might not be able to cover Goldy for a long stretch however he is good cover for 1 or 2 games.....

What is this assumption based on? At least for the 2016 season.

They'll be either a kid, a state league player or delisted player most likely with less athletic/explosive upside.
I don't rate Daw's upside as high as others. I would prefer a Currie type as back up. I don't see an issue finding a solid state league back up.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back