Moved Thread #1: Majak Daw -

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Majak on the rookie list for a 3rd and final year

Who would he push out of the side? He is competing against Petrie, HMac, Goldie, Lachie, Pederson, and Black. I think it might take an injury to get him into the side. Lot's of quality tall timber. This is a good problem to have. I'd love to see him have a go in the seniors though.

As expected. I'd like to see him do more work as a key defender and/or forward next year.

When he was drafted he said it would take him 4 years before he was ready for AFL ready. He's well ahead of schedule.

I'd also like to see him play more of a KP role next year.

North Twitter says he's signed on for a further 2 years.

NorthKangaroos North Melbourne FC by TradeWeekRadio
BREAKING NEWS: Majak Daw has re-signed with North Melbourne for two years - more @ bitly.com/mVKcYc #tradeweek

Definitely looks like he will be promoted next year sometime :thumbsu: congrats on the new contract Maj

http://www.kangaroos.com.au/latestnews/newsarticle/tabid/4912/newsid/125112/default.aspx

North Melbourne rookie Majak Daw has re-signed with the club for two years.

Daw, who was selected with the Kangaroos' first pick in the 2009 rookie draft, has shown rapid development in his two seasons at the club and held down the number one ruck spot for VFL affiliate Werribee this year.

List manager Cameron Joyce says Daw's progress has been impressive since arriving at Aegis Park.

"Majak has shown great improvement during his time at the club," Joyce told kangaroos.com.au.

220211_Daw_IA.jpg

A two year deal. Surely that means he will be promoted because as a rookie he can't continue past the third year without promotion?

Who would he push out of the side? He is competing against Petrie, HMac, Goldie, Lachie, Pederson, and Black. I think it might take an injury to get him into the side. Lot's of quality tall timber. This is a good problem to have. I'd love to see him have a go in the seniors though.

He could easily replace Lachie,

On 2011 form, he probably could have. Maybe stupid, but I reckon we should develop him to play on a wing.

Yeah, pretty stupid. You need great footy smarts to play on a wing.

Best case scenario for Maj is he becomes the best in the business at the 'Leigh Brown role'. Worst case scenario is he never really learns where to run and ends up at CHB.

He's a third-year rookie next season Daz so he'll need to be promoted at the start of 2013.

Yeah, that was my question. I was just clarifying that the contract would be for one year on the rookie list (his 3rd) and one year on the senior list in 2013.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thats great news.

Well done to Maj for staying with North too, sounds like there was some interest from elsewhere.

Yeah, that was my question. I was just clarifying that the contract would be for one year on the rookie list (his 3rd) and one year on the senior list in 2013.

Might be one year as a rookie and the second year might be subject to promotion to the senior list.

2 years? So we're basically guaranteeing him a promotion after 2012. Strange. I would have thought 1 year was fair and if he had a good year, a promotion would take care of itself.

Maybe someone made a huge offer to him, so we had to pay overs to keep him?

Conversely yotr it's a massive show of faith in a young very inexperienced developing player. I doubt we'd be doing so if those who matter failed to see his potential, or if he'd stagnated in 2011.

I'm sure we're all rapt for Maj. Let's hope he can indeed develop further and both gain an opportunity at senior level, and seize it when he does.

Mark me down as another who hopes to see more of him in a KP role too.

Thats great news.

Well done to Maj for staying with North too, sounds like there was some interest from elsewhere.

Excuse my ignorance but, does this mean Majak is unable to be drafted off our list as we did with Firrito from Hawthorn's rookie list a few years back? Was Spud uncontracted at the time?

Excuse my ignorance but, does this mean Majak is unable to be drafted off our list as we did with Firrito from Hawthorn's rookie list a few years back? Was Spud uncontracted at the time?

You're a little confused about the rookie list concept. There is a difference from playing for a VFL affiliate of a club and actually being rookie listed. Firrito was never on Hawthorn's rookie list - he was merely playing for Box Hill after missing out on being drafted. We then chose to rookie list him, which made him untouchable by other clubs.

Maj being on our rookie list and agreeing to an extension already means other clubs would have to trade for him if they wanted him. Just like we did with Sierrakowski.

Two year deal must mean guaranteed promotion in 2013, which is rather unusual but as TT said, that wouldn't have been offered if the footy department didn't have faith in him.

I'm excited that Majak has signed on the dotted line for another 2 years.

I suppose another thing to consider is that the rookie list may go at the end of next season. Either way it means that senior football beckons for the big guy.

Exciting times ahead.:thumbsu:

You're a little confused about the rookie list concept. There is a difference from playing for a VFL affiliate of a club and actually being rookie listed. Firrito was never on Hawthorn's rookie list - he was merely playing for Box Hill after missing out on being drafted. We then chose to rookie list him, which made him untouchable by other clubs.

Maj being on our rookie list and agreeing to an extension already means other clubs would have to trade for him if they wanted him. Just like we did with Sierrakowski.

Two year deal must mean guaranteed promotion in 2013, which is rather unusual but as TT said, that wouldn't have been offered if the footy department didn't have faith in him.

Cheers EH. yeah my confusion was tearing me up inside. My dim memory thought Spudda was on the Hawks rookie list rather than just playing at BH, but what you've said makes perfect sense. Ta! Untouchable... that's got a nice ring to it :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back