1 reason to hate every team

Remove this Banner Ad

haha.

You see I am thinking about Football. Your thinking about North Melbourne. Pay out Adelaide out as much as you like. We have teams over here just as old as North, and you know what. They haven't sold there soul out like North. You think in 1991 all South Australians awoke and said 'WOW, look theres a game called Aussie Rules?'

If a supporter were to give up supporting Football, yes football not the AFL, then they are weak and live off the AFL too much. Indeed they are the lowest type of football supporters going around. Are you suggesting North Supporters are these types of supporters. And are you suggesting the children of these supporters will never support an AFL team?

By North leaving Melbourne, it means the children of Victoria will have a choice of 9 teams instead of 10. It means more growth potential for the rest of the clubs, and therefore they will have more power

ALAS, North have the potential to tap a HUGE market.

Otherwise you can stay in Melbourne, live by your history. Fight for supporters, Fight for corporate support. And in the mean time the A League will have a team in every major city an region in Australia an will continue it growth.

I could give this lecture to the Bulldogs as well. But they didn't sell games to the Gold Coast did they?

Well I'd like to canvas the opinion on BigFooty, and I'm 100% sure I would find that the majority of supporters whilst taking an interst, wouldn't be an active supporting member of another football club.

You seem to be bringing up the A-League a lot. 6-0 smarts doesn't it?

You seem to be pretty calous in referring to the Roos as just another 'thing' like cancer that can come and be erradicated. The Roos expanded their market, and that's not a problem. This is the progression you were talking about. The club was very willing to move 8 games to the Gold Coast, but to maintain a playing base in Melbourne. That is a club steeped in history.

The fact that the club is staying in Melbourne, is now called North Melbourne, and is doing everything it can to survive is apparently selling it's soul. If so, Satan would be a happy chappy.

That shows how little you know about footy in WA!!

So just for you champ.:thumbsu:

This "crappy fued" as you call it, is widely considered as one of the great rivalries in Australian sport.

Now piss off n00b, and don't open your mouth again without checking your facts!!

You realise of course you just proved his point. Ask almost any West Coast fan who our biggest rivals are and almost certainly the answer will either be Essendon or in recent times Sydney ... sorry buddy, to most of us a Freo game is just like any other ... worth 4 points and a small step on the way to finals.

Collingwood: Their game attending supporters. Bumper stickers that read "I don't care what you think". Says it all.
Hehe. I recall your CEO Brian Cook being quite disappointed that you guys didn't draw us as a home game at the 'G/Dome this season.

Adelaide - no idea what's going on. That chip and flood stuff is just awful. The one match I've ever willingly turned off was Adel v Syd in round four @ AAMI in '07. A disaster of a match - a ground which is seemingly suited to choppy football as overtaken by the two 'floodiest' teams going around. About time you guys pulled that youth card trick, we've been waiting since the end of 2003. Didn't rate them too highly in 2005 or 2006, either, a good team but full of your Perries, your Doughtys (who I like, TBH), your Ruttens (yeah an AA but boring as anything), your Bocks (I admit there's potential if the game plan frees up) and your Hudsons (the Bulldogs are kidding themselves if they think he's good enough to solve their woes in the big man department). I loate Craig's style of game, it makes a mockery of having a crack and taking the bit between the teeth. Kudos to him, he seems a nice bloke, but their matches have been worse to watch than some of the Swans over the years (ok, being super-critical, but I'm not lying, I respect Sydney, and understand that Adelaide have had some success, but come on, play with some flair!). That r.22 match v C'wood @ TD was a case in point - one of the most gut wrenching matches to watch all season. Why? Because the Crows felt to win they had to choke up Collingwood's forward supply, and clog the Pies forward fifty, before unleashing the class of McLeod, Goodwin and Thompson. It worked, but it was disgusting to watch, becase, a) they wasted talent, and b) it sat a wet blanket on what could have been an exciting clash. That disastrous umpiring call against Wakelin for 'deliberate OOB' was sickening, too, but that's not the Crows fault. Not to mention, though, the fact that they hate Victorians because they're Victorian. Don't join the once Victorian Football League if you don't like them.

Brisbane - ugh. Seriously - and again, I'm going to be hypercritical, but that's this thread for you - where do I begin? I had respect for them until Aker gobbed off about the umpires following the Coll v BL 2002 GF. Excuse me, but weren't C'wood robbed? Lynch v Wakelin was not a free kick, Tarrant v White was, Rocca's goal was a point, etal, etal. Not to mention Cloke's suspension a week prior (not a BL related incident but nevertheless). After that, it became war, payback. Slowly the respect was eroded throughout 2003 and by GF day it was gone. We were arrogant ourselves but I hate them for what they did. Brown, I respect begrudgingly now, was 'unrespectable' that day, ditto Voss v Burns a year prior - the hit was good, the sledge was the stuff of arrogance. Ever since, everyone knows the score. And no free for Caracella v Notting in round 10, 2006? Yeah, ok. Then this year Brennan decides he is a good footballer for a night and bags seven. Ugh. And their supporters - a vast majority - when did you first jump on the Lions bandwagon? Oh, 2001 GF day. Please! Some respect for the game here - FFS it is sickening that people like that come from the trees whilst long-suffering traditional fans (not bagging Fitzroy people here) have to wear years of poor performance. No time for the bangwagon leeches who think that footy started when Shaun Hart won a Norm Smith. And it disgusts me how they talk up Merrett and Patfull. The latter is handy at best, the former is just not a footballer's bootlace. Had the odd decent one, but no time for him. I like Luke Power and Simon Black, and respect the team's ability of five years ago, but that's it.

Carlton - say no more. No idea what is going on. Yeah, Judd is your savior, you keep believing that, and keep on racing through the corridor of destruction. No time for Campo (let's all chase Brodie Holland around and clock him), Franchina, and their scragging, tagging teammates. Hulme I admit I respected. Nick Stevens has morphed into a Straunchie lookalike since crossing from Port and growing his hair, Fevola's talented but really he gives the impression...nup. Bryce Gibbs - it's all talk and no action. I expected a n.o1 draft choice to impose himself on contests, not look like he's rather have it fed out. V St K in round six a case in point. He might be talented, but most other high draft choices show the eye of the footballing tiger early doors. Gibbs just tripped over in the goalsquare, that's my lasting memory of him in season #1. But he'll improve. Oh yeah, and the fact that they got Kruzier - give the poor old Tiges the priority pick, they deserved it far more. And that's only talking 2007. We could go a long way back with Carlton. The attitude of their supporters is startling at matches, let alone on BF and the like. They have no idea, one minute they're tanking, the next they want to win. Make up your minds! It baffles the neutral spectator. And Andrew Walker's roughing up of a true talent in Dale Thomas prior to round seven, '07? Why do that? Yeah, you have more muscle. W00t.:rolleyes:

Essendon - respect. I hate them because you're taught to hate all, but with the Dons I respect them. Well run club, successful and not overly arrogant. Will admit that the Hird farewell went on too long and became a bit too much, and Sheedy deserved more grace and dignity, I suppose, but how to do it is a tough one. Think they have some difficult years approaching. The list, sans Lloyd, Lucas, Fletcher and Jason Johnson at his best, is barren. Monfries is not the answer, it's a big enough effort for him to go for those kamikaze, diving marks. Gutsy kid, but not first round material.

Fremantle - just pathetic. Apologies, but I'm sick of hearing how good they can be. Prove it, or say nothing at all. This Tarrant-Soloman venture was solid on paper but we, the punters, want results. Harvey's the ideal man for the job, but, really, who'd want it, anyway? Bell's good. Pavlich is a star. But that jumper is awful (moreso the away one/s), and that Purple Haze thingy is just silly. But what happens when an anchor is the symbol of your club? At any rate, let's see the show - though I'll miss Connolly, he was good for a chuckle. Funny bloke, but really they lurched from one disappointment to the other. The Johnson-Bradley combination is an interesting one. Can see Harvey's Essendon thinking, but we're talking of one guy who is slow enough at TD, and another who makes Guy Richards look fluent in his attempts to mark the Sherrin. Ok, I'm knocking the sixth draft choice of '03, but as with his club, results, please.

Geelong - well, was apathy until this year. Arrogance is emanating from Kardinia Park, and with good reason, but there's a new type of lid to be applied in 2008. Have the chance to become great, but I think that they were a good team, not so much a team of star players. I rate Corey, and Enright, but those guys are the nucleus of that side. If the Magpies, Hawks and/or Saints get it together, their top-middle end will have arguably more class. And career-best years are difficult to repeat. I must add that I have no time at all for Scarlett, Milburn or Jarred Rooke. Your name is not Max. I can hack a Richie or a Jimmy, but, son, your name is Jarred. Accept it, and take it on board. Got a mauling in the PF by the Magpies, too. Not a star footballer, not even a good one, so why he got the 'oh my gosh he's so good, so important to have him back' cheers from Cats fans when he returned against the Roos in the QF was something which had me baffled for a while. But, yeah, well done on '07, and won with humility - Eagles and Ricky Ponting take note. I like Shannon Byrnes, too.

Hawthorn - an interesting mob. Buddy's good, but I get the feeling I'll be annoyed by him by the time his career is out. An awful jumper, too, just not fun on the eyes (did that white patch for the n.o's on the back really to come back?). But that isn't why we play the game.

Melbourne - fairweather, range-rover driving, snow-loving, etc, supporters. Ok, I know this isn't a reflection of all, but they don't even seem to wish to shake the tag they have. And Paul Gardiner's an interesting type. I saw him at the footy last year with a long sleeved Melbourne jumper on - any other presidents do that? Nothing wrong with it...also loathe the fact that they think the QB is their big day of the year. Just count yourselves fortunate that Collingwood allows it every year.

North Melbourne - nothing, really. They just go, and go again. Good luck to them. They deserve it, too. They aren't the in-your-face types, and gave Sav a second chance. Hate them on gameday, but that's it.

Port Adelaide - pass me the teamsheet from circa 2002-2003, and even today. Tredrea's over the hill and a ridiculously, chronicly overrated footballing commodity. A good mate of himself, too, it seems. Ditto Chad Cornes (admit he can play) and Kane Cornes (admit he cannot play). Williams I respect, but he does come out with some bemusing things, but it's good for the game. And their history? It started in 1997. Build on it. And the jumper clashes? They joined our competition, so you play by our rules.

Richmond - they're ok, they're funny. They're like supporters of the English cricket team, they an have a laugh at themselves. Richo's funny, good value. I like Tivendale. Supporters can be a bit whacko on occasions. But they stick. Wallace is a good bloke, too.

St Kilda - wasted opportunities, Baker, O'Dea, Milne (was actually likeable until 2003), supporters who try to claim that they are part of the Big Four, and are better than Collingwood, Essendon, Carlton and the like. The answer is no. Get back to us once you've added another 12-14 flags to your 26 spoons. Like Ross Lyon, Andrew Thompson, Jason Cripps, and Robert Harvey, though.

Sydney - chip, chip, chip, stoppage, stoppage, stoppage etal ad nauseam...add a lot of nauseam. Ok, they get results, and I respect that, but, really, accept, it's all so boring. Win with flair like you did in 2003! Kirk's good, and why they got rid of Schneider baffles me. I also do not rate your Dempsters (admittedly not their issue now), your Bevans, your Roberts-Thomsons (please don't tell me you rate him), that 'Red and White Army' I see bandied about on the Wikipedia page of the 2006 GF, etc. The South Melbourne contingent I rate. Those who jumped aboard in 2005/2006 I do not. Have no time for them - it would be the same with Pies fans in 2007, Essendon fans in 2000, etc. Cannot stand it. Unless you are a kid (5-10), forgetaboutit.

West Coast - good team onfield, the rest we know. Finally weeding out the problems, and they'll always be thereabout. Respect them because they play good footy. I like Braun and Glass, too. Rowan Jones was so underrated, but on the flipside, they unloaded Andrew Williams upon us (and we lost Chipper Adkins in the same deal, too :mad:).

Western Bulldogs - the 2006 EF says it all. How arrogant were they? Get a grip, it was six years since your last final, eight since your last win, and 52 since your last flag. That's reality for you. And outside players like Farren Ray do not go down well. What a horrendous waste of a top five selection!

My 2cents.

You realise of course you just proved his point. Ask almost any West Coast fan who our biggest rivals are and almost certainly the answer will either be Essendon or in recent times Sydney ... sorry buddy, to most of us a Freo game is just like any other ... worth 4 points and a small step on the way to finals.

Yes of course you are right.

How silly of me.

Every time the WCE play Essendon or Sydney the newspapers are awash with the great rivalries between the two clubs.

Essendon and Sydney supporters walk the streets of Perth proudly wearing their team colours and taunting WCE fans.

Fights start in pubs and parties because of this great rivalry.

Households are divided by this mammoth rivalry that you mention.

Bragging rights, derision and outright abuse spill over and cram footy boards such as this one.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

P.S. You certainly do have a certain amount of history with these two clubs.

However, if you seriously believe that a Derby is not the "biggest game in town" during the H+A, you undoubtedly know NOTHING about WA footy.

Yes of course you are right.

How silly of me.

Every time the WCE play Essendon or Sydney the newspapers are awash with the great rivalries between the two clubs.

Essendon and Sydney supporters walk the streets of Perth proudly wearing their team colours and taunting WCE fans.

Fights start in pubs and parties because of this great rivalry.

Households are divided by this mammoth rivalry that you mention.

Bragging rights, derision and outright abuse spill over and cram footy boards such as this one.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

P.S. You certainly do have a certain amount of history with these two clubs.

However, if you seriously believe that a Derby is not the "biggest game in town" during the H+A, you undoubtedly know NOTHING about WA footy.

I reckon I might know a thing or two about WA footy but I guess you are entitled to your opinion.

Yep of course the media is awash with derby rivalry talk - there is undoubtedly saturation media coverage during derby week but this is to be expected with the only two local sides in town playing each other. But let me tell you West Coast fans don't count down the days waiting for the derby, for the majority of fans we treat the match the same as any other game except for there happens to be a few more hapless opposition supporters in town to "brag" to when we win (albeit of recent times we have been on the receiving end more times than not!).

But have a look at topics on West Coast supporters forums on this site and others and we would not have anywhere near the same % of posts about Freo/Freo supporters as Freo have about West Coast/West Coast supporters. Hell, there are still a lot of Eagles supporters (although a few less now I suspect after Headland vs Selwood and Carr's vs Cousins this year) who still very much have a soft spot for Freo and will often barrack for them when not playing us.

Don't get me wrong - you are quite right in suggesting Freo fans are deliriously happy when they beat the Eagles ... but the rivalry only goes one way.

Sorry mate - for many of us, we just don't care that much about you guys ... after all we've got finals to win :thumbsu:

Eh?

I just registered - although I suspect you could detect the bias from my post.

For the record: Collingwood.

And this is Bay 13, no? Reason to hate every team was the theme...

Meh Unlisted

I reckon I might know a thing or two about WA footy but I guess you are entitled to your opinion.

Yep of course the media is awash with derby rivalry talk - there is undoubtedly saturation media coverage during derby week but this is to be expected with the only two local sides in town playing each other. But let me tell you West Coast fans don't count down the days waiting for the derby, for the majority of fans we treat the match the same as any other game except for there happens to be a few more hapless opposition supporters in town to "brag" to when we win (albeit of recent times we have been on the receiving end more times than not!).

But have a look at topics on West Coast supporters forums on this site and others and we would not have anywhere near the same % of posts about Freo/Freo supporters as Freo have about West Coast/West Coast supporters. Hell, there are still a lot of Eagles supporters (although a few less now I suspect after Headland vs Selwood and Carr's vs Cousins this year) who still very much have a soft spot for Freo and will often barrack for them when not playing us.

Don't get me wrong - you are quite right in suggesting Freo fans are deliriously happy when they beat the Eagles ... but the rivalry only goes one way.

Sorry mate - for many of us, we just don't care that much about you guys ... after all we've got finals to win :thumbsu:

Firstly I'm not your mate!!

However, I was wondering if you could pour just a little more "Sauce de Arrogance" over your post. It's not quite swimming in it, but it is very close. Perhaps you could also sprinkle a touch more of the "even though we are the disgrace of the AFL we are happy to live in denial" salt.

To your credit you did not openly come out with the tired cliche of "all Fremantle supporters think that a Derby is more important than a flag" crap, but Jesus you hardly disguised the fact that this was the sole intention of your post.

People like you give the few good WCE supporters more reason to hide. And it is people like you who will run like a dog when the going gets tough for you guys this year.

So we welcome yet another bigheaded toss bag to the realms of WCE supporters.:rolleyes:

You have just joined a very long queue.

P.S. People who support both sides are known as Freagles and are despised by both sides supporters.

It's a rivalry thing......but I doubt that you will understand that.

However, I was wondering if you could pour just a little more "Sauce de Arrogance" over your post. It's not quite swimming in it, but it is very close. Perhaps you could also sprinkle a touch more of the "even though we are the disgrace of the AFL we are happy to live in denial" salt.

To your credit you did not openly come out with the tired cliche of "all Fremantle supporters think that a Derby is more important than a flag" crap, but Jesus you hardly disguised the fact that this was the sole intention of your post.

People like you give the few good WCE supporters more reason to hide. And it is people like you who will run like a dog when the going gets tough for you guys this year.

So we welcome yet another bigheaded toss bag to the realms of WCE supporters.:rolleyes:

P.S. People who support both sides are known as Freagles and are despised by both sides supporters.

Derbies ....

Pfft.

A win in an intraclub scratch match means more.:)

PS : G'day and happy new year to ya (But not too happy football wise).

Get a good looking one?

Derbies ....

Pfft.

A win in an intraclub scratch match means more.:)

PS : G'day and happy new year to ya (But not too happy football wise).

Get a good looking one?

Greetings to you as well my friend.:thumbsu:

Got just under 500 and all of them made Oprah Winfrey look like Jennifer Hawkins.

You better cancel those flights for this years Derbies.....it seems that they just aren't worth it.:rolleyes:

I apologise if you have interpreted my reading of the facts as arrogance ... maybe I need to start putting more of my post in inverted comma's?

I find it quite amusing that I apparantly give all West Coast supporters a "bad name" (ooh there I go with the inverted comma's - now I'm away). Am I giving us a "bad name" because I don't hate all things Freo (except for when they are playing us of course) and they are just one of 15 sides who I desperately want us to defeat. Hell I even acknowledged Freo's recent dominance over us in my post ... what exactly is it that is upsetting you about my stance???

Cheers also for presuming as to what type of Eagle supporter I am. For the record, you are probably right I think things will get tough this year. You can't take players of the quality of Judd and Cousins out of any side and just expect things to keep running smoothly. However, I am quietly optimistic that we can still make finals (maybe even top 4 with a good run) which I think would be a brilliant effort all things considered. However, even if it all turns to crap (ala 2000/01) - I will still be there every week, supporting us as much as ever just as I have been since 1987.

Finally, just to clear up any possible misconception - I am not a "Freagle" (more inverted comma's - I've got the hang of this now) ... in every game I watch, I will support the side that should they win would be most beneficial to the Eagles.

Anyway, enjoyed chatting but best be off now to swig some Chardonnay and do whatever else it is that us arrogant Eagles supporters do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I apologise if you have interpreted my reading of the facts as arrogance ... maybe I need to start putting more of my post in inverted comma's?

I find it quite amusing that I apparantly give all West Coast supporters a "bad name" (ooh there I go with the inverted comma's - now I'm away). Am I giving us a "bad name" because I don't hate all things Freo (except for when they are playing us of course) and they are just one of 15 sides who I desperately want us to defeat. Hell I even acknowledged Freo's recent dominance over us in my post ... what exactly is it that is upsetting you about my stance???

Cheers also for presuming as to what type of Eagle supporter I am. For the record, you are probably right I think things will get tough this year. You can't take players of the quality of Judd and Cousins out of any side and just expect things to keep running smoothly. However, I am quietly optimistic that we can still make finals (maybe even top 4 with a good run) which I think would be a brilliant effort all things considered. However, even if it all turns to crap (ala 2000/01) - I will still be there every week, supporting us as much as ever just as I have been since 1987.

Finally, just to clear up any possible misconception - I am not a "Freagle" (more inverted comma's - I've got the hang of this now) ... in every game I watch, I will support the side that should they win would be most beneficial to the Eagles.

Anyway, enjoyed chatting but best be off now to swig some Chardonnay and do whatever else it is that us arrogant Eagles supporters do.

I don't need to presume a thing.

You have already let it all hang out on this site.

You are, or are about to be, an Actuary.

How are those nice clean fingernails, the suit and tie every day, the long business lunches??

I do hope that you moisturise those soft pudgy hands and hopefully sitting on your arse in an office all day isn't turning you into too much of a squib.

And what do you do in your time off??

Well you do stats for Champion data.

Hell, thats what every "real", (yep they're inverted commas), footy supporter does on the weekend.:rolleyes: Yet again you sit on your arse and collate meaningless statistics that let morons make baseless presumptions on a players impact on the game.

No shouting or barracking for you!!

Oh no, no, no.

You might miss a meaningless handball stat or, shock/horror break a nail.

Chardonnay suits you down to the ground.

But keep it to one glass.....you might get all tipsy and silly.

Rah, rah number 5.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I don't need to presume a thing.

You have already let it all hang out on this site.

You are, or are about to be, an Actuary.

How are those nice clean fingernails, the suit and tie every day, the long business lunches??

I do hope that you moisturise those soft pudgy hands and hopefully sitting on your arse in an office all day isn't turning you into too much of a squib.

And what do you do in your time off??

Well you do stats for Champion data.

Hell, thats what every "real", (yep they're inverted commas), footy supporter does on the weekend.:rolleyes: Yet again you sit on your arse and collate meaningless statistics that let morons make baseless presumptions on a players impact on the game.

No shouting or barracking for you!!

Oh no, no, no.

You might miss a meaningless handball stat or, shock/horror break a nail.

Chardonnay suits you down to the ground.

But keep it to one glass.....you might get all tipsy and silly.

Rah, rah number 5.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Ah, I'm a sucker - I said I was going to walk away but couldn't resist one last peek. Cheers for enquiring into my history, I can't help but feel somewhat flattered.

Yep I am clearly overweight (from sitting on my arse all day only getting up for a long business lunch), play no sport (too overweight ... or maybe too drunk from the Chardonnay!), am not a real fan (Um, cause I do a bit of work calling stats every 2nd week, after all if I was a true fan I would be in the stands every week abusing opposition/umpires/Rowan Jones etc.) and hell now that I think about it I don't really have a life.

Wow you nailed me and not just that but you have just summed up every actuary/statistician ... and well let's face it every office worker in the universe.

Nothing like a gross generalisation hey?

Go watch 'Raise the Red Lantern'. China was so entangled by traditions an Customs it was always doomed. It only embraced Western Ideas recently, the traditional barriers have dropped. Chinese now embrace smaller families, drive cars & wear western clothing. Someone who works hard in China can now actually be rewarded for it. Instead of being BORN into a life of reward.

Japan, turn of the 20th century. BAM Japan took off as it let down its curtain and embraced the West. Its traditions were still strong, but not as strong as they were. WW2, everything was shatterd. BAM they were free. What happened after WW2 to the Japanese economy?

All I am simply saying is tradition is a weak arguement when you say, oh look our club is 100 years old. You can't let us die. Its weak.

I have yet to see any real plans to turn North into a viable operation. Especially when you have effectively wiped out your entire supporter base in Gold Coast over the way your club handled the matter.

And no I am not a bigot. Your name gives it away that your a bigot. 'Anti Gold Coast', you will not want to hear the Pro's for moving to the Gold Coast. Your so obessed with Keeping North in Melbourne you will shoot down anyone or anything that says or stats otherwise.

And as for petty insults. You have paid out my English, Adelaide, Adelaides educational System, my club & me.

Your a crows supporter ffs. You dont need to see any plans about Norths financial position. Its none of your ****ing business. Does Adelaide have to lay out its financial planning to Geelong supporters?

And of course the massive amount of Gold Coast members were the life bread of the club and keeping us afloat for years on end. :rolleyes:

North Melbourne is staying in Melbourne. Get that fact through your thick ****ing skull.

Ah, I'm a sucker - I said I was going to walk away but couldn't resist one last peek. Cheers for enquiring into my history, I can't help but feel somewhat flattered.

Yep I am clearly overweight (from sitting on my arse all day only getting up for a long business lunch), play no sport (too overweight ... or maybe too drunk from the Chardonnay!), am not a real fan (Um, cause I do a bit of work calling stats every 2nd week, after all if I was a true fan I would be in the stands every week abusing opposition/umpires/Rowan Jones etc.) and hell now that I think about it I don't really have a life.

Wow you nailed me and not just that but you have just summed up every actuary/statistician ... and well let's face it every office worker in the universe.

Nothing like a gross generalisation hey?

If the cap fits .........

Seems as though I was spot on!!!

You probably gorge on Hungry Jacks 5 nights week.....(better keep that secret from your toffy nosed associates!!!)

Actuary:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Pfffft.

Get a real job!!!

And a real footy team.

Oh!! And watch those fingernails Princess.

Bushie, he could be talking about the pre-season derbies. :eek: But I agree wif ya, it is the biggest rivarly and clearly one both supporters are looking forward to. Especially after a win, if ya know what I mean. ;)

Dead right CK.:thumbsu:

For the vast majority of both teams supporters there is no worse feeling in the H+A than losing a Derby!!

You just know that you are going to cop shit for weeks and weeks.

Well I'd like to canvas the opinion on BigFooty, and I'm 100% sure I would find that the majority of supporters whilst taking an interst, wouldn't be an active supporting member of another football club.

You seem to be bringing up the A-League a lot. 6-0 smarts doesn't it?

You seem to be pretty calous in referring to the Roos as just another 'thing' like cancer that can come and be erradicated. The Roos expanded their market, and that's not a problem. This is the progression you were talking about. The club was very willing to move 8 games to the Gold Coast, but to maintain a playing base in Melbourne. That is a club steeped in history.

The fact that the club is staying in Melbourne, is now called North Melbourne, and is doing everything it can to survive is apparently selling it's soul. If so, Satan would be a happy chappy.

I bring up A league because they are free of history. They can do whatever they want without fear of 'traditional clubs'. I could hardly care less about last years Grand Final. Like I said, I am a supporter of Football.

I don't refer to the Roo's as just another thing. But I do not see them as a prestiguous (can't spell) and sacred thing. Its an AFL club FFS. If you want to have a passion for anything it should be your local club, not an AFL club. This arguement could go forever. But for me if I had to choose between my local club an my AFL club, I'd pick my local. Because it affects me. And don't give me teh whole, AFL does affect me, because in reality, your just one person, if they lost you as a supporter it would not affect them, and if they folded, it would only mean a few less AFL games in Melbourne for you.

You sold your soul by changing your name to the Kangaroo's (seems a bit odd seeing as you have so much history?), sold out your home games to a state an a territory.

Good on you for fighting to stay in Melbourne. Here thinks it was the wrong option. Wrong for football.

Your a crows supporter ffs. You dont need to see any plans about Norths financial position. Its none of your ****ing business. Does Adelaide have to lay out its financial planning to Geelong supporters?

And of course the massive amount of Gold Coast members were the life bread of the club and keeping us afloat for years on end. :rolleyes:

North Melbourne is staying in Melbourne. Get that fact through your thick ****ing skull.

Settle petal.

It does concern me. North have poor crowds & poor membership (I guess buying two does help though). All this with little to no growth potential in Victoria.

Alas, with the what nearly 1000 members you have on the Gold Coast being stabbed in the back you have lost there support I would hope. Same goes for the people of the ACT.

You have effectively cut all your options down to Victoria, to Melbourne. Your going to compete with 8 other teams within a city for every corporate dollar you can get, for every new member you can get. And how on earth is this going to happen all of a sudden? And I would assume not many governments would be talking to North about playing games in their residing states or terrirtories.

I say good luck, prove me wrong. But I can't see it happening and all thats going to happen is it will slow down the expansion of Aussie Rules.

I bring up A league because they are free of history. They can do whatever they want without fear of 'traditional clubs'. I could hardly care less about last years Grand Final. Like I said, I am a supporter of Football.

I don't refer to the Roo's as just another thing. But I do not see them as a prestiguous (can't spell) and sacred thing. Its an AFL club FFS. If you want to have a passion for anything it should be your local club, not an AFL club. This arguement could go forever. But for me if I had to choose between my local club an my AFL club, I'd pick my local. Because it affects me. And don't give me teh whole, AFL does affect me, because in reality, your just one person, if they lost you as a supporter it would not affect them, and if they folded, it would only mean a few less AFL games in Melbourne for you.

You sold your soul by changing your name to the Kangaroo's (seems a bit odd seeing as you have so much history?), sold out your home games to a state an a territory.

Good on you for fighting to stay in Melbourne. Here thinks it was the wrong option. Wrong for football.

Settle petal.

It does concern me. North have poor crowds & poor membership (I guess buying two does help though). All this with little to no growth potential in Victoria.

Alas, with the what nearly 1000 members you have on the Gold Coast being stabbed in the back you have lost there support I would hope. Same goes for the people of the ACT.

You have effectively cut all your options down to Victoria, to Melbourne. Your going to compete with 8 other teams within a city for every corporate dollar you can get, for every new member you can get. And how on earth is this going to happen all of a sudden? And I would assume not many governments would be talking to North about playing games in their residing states or terrirtories.

I say good luck, prove me wrong. But I can't see it happening and all thats going to happen is it will slow down the expansion of Aussie Rules.

These posts just show your stupidity. How is the expansion of the AFL halted by the Roos staying in Melbourne? The Gold Coast are getting their own team, which is more pleasing to the Gold Coast public than the Roos moving up to the GC. Clark and others have stated that many wouldn't embrace the Roos up north, rather they'd prefer a team from scratch.

The Roos have ALWAYS kept the name of North Melbourne. Be it on the club crest, theme song and public listings. The only change of name has been on AFL dossiers and records, which was to make the club more marketable. This is DIFFERENT from the Western Bulldogs, who completely changed their name to the Western Bulldogs. The Kangaroos are still listed as NORTH MELBOURNE, but refer to themselves as the Roos purely from a marketing perspective. We haven't sold our soul.

Maybe you could make an informed opinion on the Roos viabilitiy when you see the budgetry reports, and AGM meeting notes, to make an informed decision on whether the Roos can survive. Until you have seen them, your opinion is as valid as Knut the Polar bear or Corey from Narre Warren.

Adelaide - I hate you because you are currently the most boring team in the AFL and are supported by a bunch of johnny-come-lately franchise-loving drones.

Brisbane - I hate you because the AFL allowed you to win three premierships by allowing you an enormous salary cap and already your supporters have lost interest

Carlton - I hate everything your club has revealed itself to be. A bunch cheating, tanking, back-stabbing parasites.

Collingwood - I hate you because you recieve the dream draw, the dream facilities, eddie's jet to fly you at a lower altitude and probably the most famous AFL club yet you have choked in almost every major occasion since 1958 and havent been a great club since then.

Essendon - I hate you because of the disproportionate amount of annoying players and downright dogs that play for your football club

Fremantle - I hate you because...no, I can't hate you

Geelong - I hate you because you pushed your supporters to the brink of insanity for 44 years and for embracing a near enough is good enough attitude despite having some of the most talented players.

Hawthorn - I hate you because you have continually ended Geelong's season and that your supporters won't shut up about the 80's and won't acknowledge their past 16 years.

Kangaroos - I hate you because you the flags in the 70's were bought and
the flags in the 90's only won by Carey yet you crap on about this Shinboner spirit despite losing numerous recent finals by record margins and refuse to acknowledge that you team is dead if it wont relocate

Melbourne - I hate you because your bandwagon jumping, chardy-sipping, cucumber-sandwich-eating, range-roger driving supporters who don't know their players names are a waste of oxygen

Port Adelaide - I hate how your club thinks that success in the minnows somehow makes them a great AFL club and I love how we smacked your arrogant pricks off the park on the 29th Sept, 2007.

Richmond - I hate you because you have been hands-down the worst team/laughing stock of the comp since as long as many of us can remember yet you think you are part of the 'big 4'

Sydney - I hate you Nick Davis

St Kilda - I hate you because so many talented players are wasted down your way.

Western Bulldogs - I hate you because your administration refuses to make the hard decisions to make your club successful and is content with being the perennial also-rans of the competition

West Coast - I hate you because in 1992 and 1994 your club was probably on performance enhancing drugs.

These posts just show your stupidity. How is the expansion of the AFL halted by the Roos staying in Melbourne? The Gold Coast are getting their own team, which is more pleasing to the Gold Coast public than the Roos moving up to the GC. Clark and others have stated that many wouldn't embrace the Roos up north, rather they'd prefer a team from scratch.

The Roos have ALWAYS kept the name of North Melbourne. Be it on the club crest, theme song and public listings. The only change of name has been on AFL dossiers and records, which was to make the club more marketable. This is DIFFERENT from the Western Bulldogs, who completely changed their name to the Western Bulldogs. The Kangaroos are still listed as NORTH MELBOURNE, but refer to themselves as the Roos purely from a marketing perspective. We haven't sold our soul.

Maybe you could make an informed opinion on the Roos viabilitiy when you see the budgetry reports, and AGM meeting notes, to make an informed decision on whether the Roos can survive. Until you have seen them, your opinion is as valid as Knut the Polar bear or Corey from Narre Warren.

Call me Knut then.

But at least I am not blind to reality.

For a sport that is meant to be the national sport, 10 teams in one state with a total of 16 teams in the competition. Makes it sound like a local league to me.

Hows it bad for the AFL. Well it means if North stay in Melbourne its going to be just as hard for the remaining clubs to get along. Hawthorn will still need to sell games to Tassie, Western Bulldogs might have to sell a few games. And well now 10 teams are still going to have to fight for the corporate dollar. Whilst at the same time we are seeing the rise of Soccer. Soccer will steal fans, money and prestige from the Melbourne clubs.

Clarke didn't want the Roo's in the end because of the way you treated the Gold Coast. You just saw it as a pool of money. Petty.

Call me Knut then.

But at least I am not blind to reality.

For a sport that is meant to be the national sport, 10 teams in one state with a total of 16 teams in the competition. Makes it sound like a local league to me.

Hows it bad for the AFL. Well it means if North stay in Melbourne its going to be just as hard for the remaining clubs to get along. Hawthorn will still need to sell games to Tassie, Western Bulldogs might have to sell a few games. And well now 10 teams are still going to have to fight for the corporate dollar. Whilst at the same time we are seeing the rise of Soccer. Soccer will steal fans, money and prestige from the Melbourne clubs.

Clarke didn't want the Roo's in the end because of the way you treated the Gold Coast. You just saw it as a pool of money. Petty.

The soccer season runs during the summer. I'm pretty sure many AFL and Soccer fans can live in harmony. People are unlikely to give up watching AFL football, for choice of 'focussing on soccer' during the summer. If anything the NRL would be a worry for the AFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

1 reason to hate every team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back