Traded #10: Aaron Francis - Traded to Sydney w. Pick 42 + Future fourth rounder for Pick 37. Thanks Frang!

Remove this Banner Ad

They are handling this sort of stuff poorly.

If Francis is being rested, where's the harm in declaring that? Oppositions are not advantaged in any way from such info & most supporters would simply accept it as required list management. All Woosha's comments yesterday do is cloud the issue & create tension amongst the supporter base. How is that helpful in any way?

They are handling this sort of stuff poorly.

If Francis is being rested, where's the harm in declaring that? Oppositions are not advantaged in any way from such info & most supporters would simply accept it as required list management. All Woosha's comments yesterday do is cloud the issue & create tension amongst the supporter base. How is that helpful in any way?

Woosha and the Football department's area of concern of concern is the players, not a bunch of over entitled supporters who would be throwing tantrums no matter what was said

Firstly, I am as salty as anyone with this rounds selections. However, I prefer the club plays it's cards close to its chest. I want them to do well in a highly scrutinised 18 team comp. So if I am left in the dark about a few things in order to keep the competition in the dark then so be it.

Your membership gets you entry to and maybe seats at the game. Expecting to know everything at the club is just weird. When you buy a coffee do you deserve to know the life story of every employee at the cafe?

He is being rested. Did only around half the training this week and was pretty sore after last weeks game.Source you say ? I have a very reliable track watcher who sees 90% of our training :cool:

Firstly, I am as salty as anyone with this rounds selections. However, I prefer the club plays it's cards close to its chest. I want them to do well in a highly scrutinised 18 team comp. So if I am left in the dark about a few things in order to keep the competition in the dark then so be it.

Your membership gets you entry to and maybe seats at the game. Expecting to know everything at the club is just weird. When you buy a coffee do you deserve to know the life story of every employee at the cafe?

It might not entitle me, but the coffee ladies I know have told me their life stories...... thrice

Plus a vote when board elections come up, invitation to the AGM. :p

Why?
You do realise that's not something we're entitled to.

Do it because it makes no sense not to.

His media messaging is abysmal and contradictory.

The club can talk about stability all it wants but when the fans turn, and part of the reason they'll turn is because they know when they're being fed horseshit, it's the messaging that will be part of it. Things will get ugly by the end of the year if we finish the year yo-young kids in and out of the side and miss the 8 like we did last year and we're being told Worsfold is the man to take us forward, as they should.

We need to think about Worsfold not doing any media, he is now so bad at it. He's gone from getting away with being cantankerous but now he's kinda doddery and cant even deflect anymore.

I dont know why football coaches are untouchable. People will comment on things that are much more complicated than football such as politics, science, philosophy and history but yet when it comes to a football coach, we couldnt possibly understand because we've never had the opportunity to be part of the group think. Well the results, and that includes development of kids as much as it is wins and losses for a side that hasnt turned up in a final in for 15 years, tend to speak for themselves.

Last edited:

Victorian club members are deemed to be shareholders under club’s constitution. Also recognised that we have rights as shareholders under Corporations Act, so a little different to your coffee shop analogy.

He is being rested. Did only around half the training this week and was pretty sore after last weeks game.Source you say ? I have a very reliable track watcher who sees 90% of our training :cool:

There are other reliable sources saying that he's fine and it's supported by the reality that he has been "omitted" and not "rested" or "managed".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There are other reliable sources saying that he's fine and it's supported by the reality that he has been "omitted" and not "rested" or "managed".

I’ve heard from sources that say the opposite

Provide a source for your claim, champ.

Haven't seen any proof to this claim.

ANYWHO

Where does he fit?

He simply has to play for mine. Has to. He’s too good already. He’s played 13 games. 13!

You can’t do this to us Crazy Woosha

I really dislike the notion he can’t play with Hooker, Hurley and Ambrose. The first two are obviously going nowhere and I like Ambrose, he’s that hard battering ram that all good backlines have.

He’s a bit more than a a third defender in my eyes anyway.

Redman / Ridley role?

ANYWHO

Where does he fit?

He simply has to play for mine. Has to. He’s too good already. He’s played 13 games. 13!

You can’t do this to us Crazy Woosha

I really dislike the notion he can’t play with Hooker, Hurley and Ambrose. The first two are obviously going nowhere and I like Ambrose, he’s that hard battering ram that all good backlines have.

He’s a bit more than a a third defender in my eyes anyway.

Redman / Ridley role?
He has to come in for someone. If Redman or Ridley are dropped in his place, everyone will melt again

We clearly have too many medium/tall backs to fit every week. Zerk will be pushing for a game soon too. Hooker and Hurley won't be around forever though. Francis might not be a lock till Hooker goes. It's a good problem to have. I'd be looking at trading one for another quality small forward. No idea who though I rate them all.

We clearly have too many medium/tall backs to fit every week. Zerk will be pushing for a game soon too. Hooker and Hurley won't be around forever though. Francis might not be a lock till Hooker goes. It's a good problem to have. I'd be looking at trading one for another quality small forward. No idea who though I rate them all.
We had a small forward kick 7 yesterday and another who’s kicked 5 in a game. I wouldn’t think that’s our primary need right now.

Anyway Ambrose/Francis seems to be the decision right now. Ridley stays in, Redman plays a different role and Hurley/Hooker are locks. Agree with the above that Hooker is the closest fit to what Francis brings but think in the best interests of the team we need to resign Ambrose to the twos.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded #10: Aaron Francis - Traded to Sydney w. Pick 42 + Future fourth rounder for Pick 37. Thanks Frang!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back