Player Watch #10: Angus Brayshaw – retired due to concussion (22/02). Thanks for everything, Gus.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hasn't had a good start to the season at all, he is laconic like Travis Johnstone with ball in hand and also tends to have some poor moments like him aswell

Playing forward is shit for him, I said it in the GBU Carlton thread he should be playing in Vinces role in the back line

Hasn't had a good start to the season at all, he is laconic like Travis Johnstone with ball in hand and also tends to have some poor moments like him aswell

Playing forward is shit for him, I said it in the GBU Carlton thread he should be playing in Vinces role in the back line

Was good against the Saints when he got more midfield time, but struggled on Sunday. Was hard to tell if he didn't get the same amount of time in the middle and got starved up forward or did get midfield time but couldn't get into the game.

Either way I'd much rather him dominate for Casey playing in the middle all game rather than having 12 disposals and kicking a goal every two games at senior level.

I'm not concerned for Gus, he will find his spot. I think he is finding it a little hard to play as HFF as opposed to a genuine mid were he has prbly played all his juniors and his first year at the club.

Goody seems to be really big on forward pressure prbly why ANB and hanan have kept their spot. I think if gus focuses on chasing hard and laying tackles he will win more of the footy.

I'm not concerned for Gus, he will find his spot. I think he is finding it a little hard to play as HFF as opposed to a genuine mid were he has prbly played all his juniors and his first year at the club.

Goody seems to be really big on forward pressure prbly why ANB and hanan have kept their spot. I think if gus focuses on chasing hard and laying tackles he will win more of the footy.

He doesn't have enough tricks to be a forward, if we play him in ANBs role (Defensive forward) we are doing horrible things to his development. He is a kid who loves tackling and runs both ways, he doesn't really learn much playing on the HFF (I'm not being critical of you saying this but I am critical of him playing in that position).

Every chance it's concussion related. He got a knee in the head last week late and had to come off under the blood rule.

Surely they would be saying he's being 'managed' instead of 'omitted' then.

Casey doesn't play this weekend (gotta love the VFL fixturing :rolleyes:).

They play Werribee in a praccy at Casey fields 2pm Sat

Meanwhile, Brayshaw, Spencer, Jack Trengove, Sam Frost, Jay Kennedy-Harris, Tom Bugg, Ben Kennedy, Dion Johnstone, Mitch White, Josh Wagner, Declan Keilty, Corey Maynard and Lochie Filipovic have been named to play for Casey Demons in a VFL practice match against Werribee at Casey Fields on Saturday at 2pm.

He probably just needs to work on a couple of things - we've got a lot of young guys around the middle now and a pretty good mix of experienced guys, some good players are going to miss out, with Hibberd to come in another good player will likely make way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

11 touches at 63%...everyone is pissed off at Tyson for going at 62% but it's not like Gus was much better.

I know he had a poor year last year with injuries etc, but the kid needs to start showing more than he is atm. One of his traits when he got drafted was that he was a good kick. I'm yet to see that tbh. Seems lost in the forward half as well. Should be playing wing or back flank IMO. In a perfect world we'd probably get Milkshakes out and Brayshaw into that back flank role. The kid needs some confidence, and the best way to get that is to get more of the ball. He won't get 25+ touches as a forward flank/pocket type and he looks lost playing that pressure forward role. I just think we have so much depth now, that if you play a couple of average games in a row, you're back to the magoos. Especially if you're a forward flanker at. We seem to have a dozen guys who can play that role. Still think he'll find his feet. Macca did say that he was flying pre-season, but we obviously need to be a bit more patient with him.

It's fantastic that we have so much pressure for spots and don't just gift games to kids.

I have no doubt that Angus will become a really good player, and we'll need him as guys like Jones, Vince and Lewis start to decline over the next few years.

Worst case scenario - he would be worth a lot in a trade...

But then 18 effective as opposed to 7...
But then how many of those 18 "effective" were to a bloke already under pressure, back instead of forward or came after a 5 - 10 second wait which let the Blues get back and flood rather than getting the ball on quickly?

Hmmm not sure if I'm cut out to be a football supporter tbh.

I'm still getting over Matt Jones' delisting and now I find out Brayshaw is dropped after one shit game.

Getting a bit of Bugg would have at least softened the blow a little, but instead we got some guy I never heard off named "Bull" getting a gig and another prick named Melksham whose played 10x worse.

I'm sad :(

Didn't do enough defensively and is paying the price. Obviously Goody has high expectations and if they're not met, a price is paid.

Goody Goody.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #10: Angus Brayshaw – retired due to concussion (22/02). Thanks for everything, Gus.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back