10 best players I have seen in my time watching the NBA

Remove this Banner Ad

jod23 said:
Magic was a pure as you could get?? Nobody ran an offence or ran the break like Magic. So what if he was 6'9 and could play other positions, when it comes down to it, Magic was a PG and the best damn PG the game will ever see.

Sorry it has taken so long to reply, but I was in shock. I was speechless. My wife considered taking me to hospital, it was that serious. :D

Anyway it is good to see that thanks to our discussions over the past four years you are finally starting to see the light. I'm almost certain that in the next few months, we will see the end of poor quotes like "Magic was a PG and the best damn PG the game will ever see" or "Jordan is the GOAT", to something more truthful like "MAGIC IS THE BEST DAMN PLAYER THE GAME WILL EVER SEE". :D :D

DEVO said:
Sorry it has taken so long to reply, but I was in shock. I was speechless. My wife considered taking me to hospital, it was that serious. :D

Anyway it is good to see that thanks to our discussions over the past four years you are finally starting to see the light. I'm almost certain that in the next few months, we will see the end of poor quotes like "Magic was a PG and the best damn PG the game will ever see" or "Jordan is the GOAT", to something more truthful like "MAGIC IS THE BEST DAMN PLAYER THE GAME WILL EVER SEE". :D :D

Why so shocked? You have always known I have a great appreciation for Magic. He is my second favourite player of all time, and the second greatest player of all time.

My picks are in no particular order

1. Michael Jordan
2. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
3. Magic Johnson
4. Larry Bird
5. Isiah Thomas
6. Tim Duncan
7. David Robinson
8. John Stockton
9. Karl Malone
10. Charles Barkley

Honourable Mention: Dennis the menace (not for his on/off court antics, but purely for his rebounding) and Scottie Pippen

Crow-mosone said:
Yze,

if Stockton was so clearly the greatest PG of modern times, how come he only made NBA first team twice in a 20 year career?

edit:

for reference
Kidd has been first team 5 times; Payton twice; Isiah three times.

so given that the experts who you claim know so much have voted Kidd 1st team 5 times, how is he overrated?

answers please.

i still wanna know the answer to this.

Be waiting a while.

When someone dispatches Yze_Magic to the fence, he does one of two things, either a) abuses the poster or b) ignores it.

Oh and he went further than calling Jason Kidd overrated last year. Said both he and Baron Davis were 'overrated hacks' who were 'terrible basketballers'.

Apparently ones worth and ability is decided purely on their shooting clips, hence why he ********canned LBJ despite a great debut year.

phat said:
Be waiting a while.

When someone dispatches Yze_Magic to the fence, he does one of two things, either a) abuses the poster or b) ignores it.

Oh and he went further than calling Jason Kidd overrated last year. Said both he and Baron Davis were 'overrated hacks' who were 'terrible basketballers'.

Apparently ones worth and ability is decided purely on their shooting clips, hence why he ********canned LBJ despite a great debut year.

when was i dispacthed to the fence? Dream on tiger

Baron Davis is a terrible basketballer. Its that simple. But if you are into a guy who cant shoot to save himself that jacks up 10 threes a game, then go for it

Jason Kidd is the most overrated PG of all time

I canned LBJ when he was shooting about 25% in the preseason BEFORE his debut year

Yze_Magic said:
I canned LBJ when he was shooting about 25% in the preseason BEFORE his debut year

Who would be stupid enough to judge a rookie on his pre-season form before he's even had a chance to play a meaningful game?

Yze_Magic said:
Baron Davis is a terrible basketballer. Its that simple. But if you are into a guy who cant shoot to save himself that jacks up 10 threes a game, then go for it

Your shallow nature of jugding ballers is humourous. A player shoots at a relatively poor clip, so therefore must be a hack and a terrible player.

Totally ignoring said players ability to pass, ability to score, ability to defend etc.

The box-score nick has just changed hands.

Yze_Magic said:

Another of your shallow and blanket statements, with nothing whatsover to back it up.

Why won't you answer the questions about Kidd earlier in the thread? Wouldn't be because they showed you up, would it?

Yze_Magic said:

And you can't see the stupidity of that?

Seriously, judging players merely on their FG% shows you up as one who not only lacks any in-depth basketball knowledge but also one who simply relies on stats.

Hereby annointed 'Box-score Tragic'.

Yze_Magic said:
when was i dispacthed to the fence? Dream on tiger

With much ignorant denial you should get some cream for it.

phat said:
Your shallow nature of jugding ballers is humourous. A player shoots at a relatively poor clip, so therefore must be a hack and a terrible player.

lol

relatively poor

more like pathetically poor

herbey annointed ' Knows jack******** about basketball' Phat

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally Posted by Crow-mosone
Yze,

if Stockton was so clearly the greatest PG of modern times, how come he only made NBA first team twice in a 20 year career?

edit:

for reference

so given that the experts who you claim know so much have voted Kidd 1st team 5 times, how is he overrated?

answers please.

Quite simply, when Stockton was putting up his biggest numbers, Magic and Mike owned the two guard spots. Kidd and Payton wouldn't have got a look in either. Hell, KJ was putting up ridiculous numbers and was hard pressed making the All-Star team at this time.

Drexler thoroughly deserved his First Team selection in 1991-92.

But I'm still scratching my head at Mark Price getting the gig the following season. That's probably one year Stockton would think he got stiffed.

And I'd agree with him.

Portmagpies said:
Originally Posted by Crow-mosone
Yze,

edit:

for reference

answers please.

Quite simply, when Stockton was putting up his biggest numbers, Magic and Mike owned the two guard spots. Kidd and Payton wouldn't have got a look in either. Hell, KJ was putting up ridiculous numbers and was hard pressed making the All-Star team at this time.

Drexler thoroughly deserved his First Team selection in 1991-92.

But I'm still scratching my head at Mark Price getting the gig the following season. That's probably one year Stockton would think he got stiffed.

And I'd agree with him.

1. sounds like excuses.
2. mike & magic didn't own the 2 guard spots for 19 years
3. How can he be considered the greatest pg if you have a boo hoo story about how he was overlooked and competed against all these great players?
4. see point 1.

Excuses? Boo hoo story?

When Stockton was at his peak, he had to contend with Magic and Michael - the two greatest guards in the history of the game.

As great as Stockton is, he simply doesn't compare to these two and neither do Payton or Kidd for that matter.

Not by a long shot.

It stands to perfect reason that by the time Jason Kidd came into his own, and to a lesser degree Payton, Stockton's best years were already behind him. But still he was a perennial All-Star.

And BTW, all the idiot's bagging Isiah need to wake up. Only a busted ankle stopped the Pistons from winning three in a row.

Portmagpies said:
Excuses? Boo hoo story?

When Stockton was at his peak, he had to contend with Magic and Michael - the two greatest guards in the history of the game.

As great as Stockton is, he simply doesn't compare to these two and neither do Payton or Kidd for that matter.

Not by a long shot.

It stands to perfect reason that by the time Jason Kidd came into his own, and to a lesser degree Payton, Stockton's best years were already behind him. But still he was a perennial All-Star.

And BTW, all the idiot's bagging Isiah need to wake up. Only a busted ankle stopped the Pistons from winning three in a row.

suggest reading entire thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

10 best players I have seen in my time watching the NBA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back