Player Watch #10: Colby McKercher - R9 AFL RS nom - goes bang w/ 37d on his return vs GCS

Remove this Banner Ad

Liking McKercher more and more, especially what he said about Tassie. Seems really humble - e.g. notably Duursma's goal is to play Round 1, and McKercher's goal is to 'just play a game' for the year. Which is adorable, in a good way. Don't worry Colby, I'm pretty sure you'll manage at least one.

wrong forum but you'd think Phillips and Powell may be on the chopping block in a few years.
Both really don't scream the grunt or pace we need every week on field.
Do you remember what our list was like?

It might be easy to be blase about really good young players now but lets just wait and see.

latest

Liking McKercher more and more, especially what he said about Tassie. Seems really humble - e.g. notably Duursma's goal is to play Round 1, and McKercher's goal is to 'just play a game' for the year. Which is adorable, in a good way. Don't worry Colby, I'm pretty sure you'll manage at least one.

Agreed and I don't mind that either from Duursma. These two boys are going to be linked for their entire footy career, the yin and the yang can only be good for both and for us.

Looking forward to seeing how we look to develop him.

Throw him in the midfield and let him find his feet in the VFL against the mature bodies, or do we rotate him through the wings and flanks at AFL level?

I think his best work is done as a centre square mid, so I hope we don't try to play him elsewhere to begin with.
Along with Thomas & LDU, he seems like the perfect second possession player.

It’s up to you now GW, Phillips and Powell to get it out to them.

Any of the top guys Curtin, Sanders, Watson, Caddy I would have been happy with....they all bring something different. But the one that wants to invest and get the most out of themselves is the one I wanted the club to invest in.

and so far it looks like we got that guy...

Mentioned he was mates with the big bully, does anyone know if they went to school together? Hopefully they're just footy mates and he doesn't actually knowingly stick around a guy who relentlessly bullies disabled kids for years on end...

Friends with Shoenmakers

you missed the whole Shoemakers Bully story last night?
Yeh had my kids production, basically missed it all. I was aware that he was suspended for 10 weeks for getting his team mates pissed. Who was he bullying? Is that why he went to st kilda? To reignite their desire to burn dwarfs?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Powell has shown promise as a high half forward, McKercher could play the same role or even wing. Sam Gibson racked em up playing wing with his running power, McKercher can do the same but with way more weapons in his ass-n-hole
McKercher started on a wing a lot for the allies and rotated to the centre square. I can see him playing the same roll at AFL early.

Yeh had my kids production, basically missed it all. I was aware that he was suspended for 10 weeks for getting his team mates pissed. Who was he bullying? Is that why he went to st kilda? To reignite their desire to burn dwarfs?
Basically the reason Arie was bypassed by 17 other clubs for the entire draft was likely because he was the ringleader of a group who relentlessly bullied special needs kids for years on end at school.

This went on to the point where it wasn't safe for the kid to go to school anymore, apparently this was relatively recent (in the past few years) as well.

I'm glad we didn't pick him, but also a little weary of Colby supposedly being close friends with someone like this. I just hope it's only through footy and he doesn't actually support, let alone participate in this sort of behaviour.

Basically the reason Arie was bypassed by 17 other clubs for the entire draft was likely because he was the ringleader of a group who relentlessly bullied special needs kids for years on end at school.

This went on to the point where it wasn't safe for the kid to go to school anymore, apparently this was relatively recent (in the past few years) as well.

I'm glad we didn't pick him, but also a little weary of Colby supposedly being close friends with someone like this. I just hope it's only through footy and he doesn't actually support, let alone participate in this sort of behaviour.
That campaigner needs a touch up. If whats said is true thats ****ing disgraceful, piss weak and dog act. That really makes my blood boil.

That campaigner needs a touch up. If whats said is true thats ******* disgraceful, piss weak and dog act. That really makes my blood boil.
Don't look at the Saints draft board, the people who speak out are few among a sea of supporters haha. I wonder what their stance on Stephen Milne is, though I'm not sure if I want to find out.

That campaigner needs a touch up. If whats said is true thats ******* disgraceful, piss weak and dog act. That really makes my blood boil.
I just hope Colby was never involved / never knew, if he did participate it may have just been covered up which will be a real shame.

If he knows yet still considers him a close friend though then hopefully guys like Sheezel can seperate them and set him straight.

FWIW I think Kerch went to high school at King's Meadows and Schoenmaker went to Riverside - pretty much on opposite sides of Launnie. Though I think they both went to Launceston college, which is year 11 and 12 in Tassie speak.

FWIW I think Kerch went to high school at King's Meadows and Schoenmaker went to Riverside - pretty much on opposite sides of Launnie. Though I think they both went to Launceston college, which is year 11 and 12 in Tassie speak.
So slightly not footy related but ... does Riverside have a culture of bullying special needs kids?

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #10: Colby McKercher - R9 AFL RS nom - goes bang w/ 37d on his return vs GCS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back