Player Watch #10: Colby McKercher - R9 AFL RS nom - goes bang w/ 37d on his return vs GCS

Remove this Banner Ad

FWIW I think Kerch went to high school at King's Meadows and Schoenmaker went to Riverside - pretty much on opposite sides of Launnie. Though I think they both went to Launceston college, which is year 11 and 12 in Tassie speak.
Damn, Colby seems like a good kid and hopefully he stays that way. There's no way he wouldn't have known, going to the same school for two years.

I guess we'll just have to hope for guys like Clarko or Sheez to point him in the right direction and show him our club values like integrity.

Yeah I dunno mate, I think you could be making a few assumptions there.
Jeez just a few. Leake and McKercher have been close friends for a long time, both are said to be really good guys. I don't know how close with Arie they are outside footy, what conversations they have had with Arie about his alleged or known off field behaviour, what Arie currently is like or how remorseful he has been if the rumours are true. I suspect North's recruiter knows about Arie as his answer to Brent Costello's question about Arie the other day was colder than I expected, he seems to love McKercher's character.

Jeez just a few. Leake and McKercher have been close friends for a long time, both are said to be really good guys. I don't know how close with Arie they are outside footy, what conversations they have had with Arie about his alleged or known off field behaviour, what Arie currently is like or how remorseful he has been if the rumours are true. I suspect North's recruiter knows about Arie as his answer to Brent Costello's question about Arie the other day was colder than I expected, he seems to love McKercher's character.
Yep. Also, I dunno what its like if you go to say Caulfield or Haileybury, but if you spend your high school years in the Tasmania's public system, speaking from first hand experience, you're basically guaranteed to befriend a ****wit at some point.

He suggested he had tickets on himself and basically told him to piss off to the NFL...

Yep. Also, I dunno what its like if you go to say Caulfield or Haileybury, but if you spend your high school years in the Tasmania's public system, speaking from first hand experience, you're basically guaranteed to befriend a ******* at some point.
I don't think melbourne private schools are any better. They probably think they just have a better class of ****wit.

I don't think melbourne private schools are any better. They probably think they just have a better class of *******.

And know how to cover up their shitful behaviour

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think, personally, it matters at all how involved he was in some association with past dealings of incidents in school. He's been given a prospective dream opportunity to be a professional athlete and he will be judged on how he performs and acts to an extensive scrutuneous degree both privately and publicly by both media and the general public and for the past few years its borderline relentless on players, especially the media to the point they're boring robots who can succumb to public pressures through the typical outcomes we've seen in the past; drugs, partying, getting involved in affairs or misdealings with partners or worse etc.

His new life starts now, forget where he came from, or who he was prior; he's expected through this line of work to be professional which comes with responsibilities, sacrifices and a lot of personal change straight of school while being a kid. You doing a lot of growing up real fast playing footy. Both fans and recruiters can only judge so far, a man can and will change a lot through this experience; for better or worse depending on how they handle it.

So slightly not footy related but ... does Riverside have a culture of bullying special needs kids?
I've heard lately theres been plenty of bashings there but not sure if it's always been like that,my boys go to st .pats in prospect which is one of the biggest schools in launceston and they don't have that many major issues,but then again tarryn thomas went there.

FWIW I think Kerch went to high school at King's Meadows and Schoenmaker went to Riverside - pretty much on opposite sides of Launnie. Though I think they both went to Launceston college, which is year 11 and 12 in Tassie speak.

This is a point worth mentioning. "High school" and "college" are different things in Tassie. From what's been alleged, Schoenmaker bullied a disabled for 3 years in high school. In Tasmania, this would mean Year 7-10.

At this point, Schoenmaker was at Riverside High School and McKercher at Kings Meadows. They wouldn't go to the same school until they went to "college" (Y11/12) at Launceston College.

I'm not making any excuses for what (allegedly happened), but what we know is that McKercher's mate from Year 11 and 12 allegedly was a bully from ages 13-16 at a different school. Colby has nothing to answer for here.

So slightly not footy related but ... does Riverside have a culture of bullying special needs kids?
Riverside is one of the better public schools in Launceston

Kings Meadows is maybe a bit rougher, but also more laid back. Lots of country kids from the Northern Midlands will end up gong to Kings Meadows if they don't end up going to Cressy.

Kings Meadows is maybe a bit rougher, but also more laid back. Lots of country kids from the Northern Midlands will end up gong to Kings Meadows if they don't end up going to Cressy.
We're moving there next year. A few days ago Riverside was on my list of schools for one of my kids but she'll go somewhere a bit closer for now. A couple of North kids from Northern tassie now. That'll be good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #10: Colby McKercher - R9 AFL RS nom - goes bang w/ 37d on his return vs GCS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back