Player Watch #10: Colby McKercher - R9 AFL RS nom - goes bang w/ 37d on his return vs GCS

Remove this Banner Ad

Does he have the ability to kick on his right foot as well?
computer GIF

Kid directly behind us wouldn’t have been more than 8 years old and his commentary during the game was exemplary.

Knew every player on the ground (from both sides) and when Colby laced it out to Souvenir after the run he yelled “Colby McKercher, what a gun”

Had a chuckle when he yelled out just before half time “Mac Andrew is cutting us to shreds!”
I’m sold. Give him Brian Taylor’s job right now.

Yes it’s where he started from that is most impressive
Yep, forgot he started in the d50.

It doesn’t even matter if he’s kicking is a bit hit and miss at times. You would be lucky to find 6 players in the league who can get the ball 30+ times and be involved in a chain of possession for the full length of the field like that, and finish it off.

What a weapon.

I’m sold. Give him Brian Taylor’s job right now.
The kid was truly brilliant, would make BT sound like a suburban division 3 caller (which isn’t hard)..

Another corker, his old man was yelling for LMac to switch play across the face of goal at one stage in the last and his kid pipes up with “ahh, no we don’t want him switching play.. believe me..”

I nearly spat my beer all over the people in front of us..

The kid was truly brilliant, would make BT sound like a suburban division 3 caller (which isn’t hard)..

Another corker, his old man was yelling for LMac to switch play across the face of goal at one stage in the last and his kid pipes up with “ahh, no we don’t want him switching play.. believe me..”

I nearly spat my beer all over the people in front of us..
Kids already got more footy iq than lmac

Last 4 x AFL games has been 30+ disposals.

There was some trepidation about moving Harry from HBF to mid forward, yet he has gone to another level imo.
I think the same will likely happen with Colby. He accumulates a lot of possession and generates a lot of drive out of the back half through a will to create possession chains, but I can’t wait to see what he does when he’s more around the ball

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This and Powell's torp that led to Shiels goal are my two favourite pieces of play for the season, and if LDU had of kicked his goal in the fourth that would have been the top three plays of the season in the same game. We have so many exciting young players on our list that can take a game on and do the remarkable that we will be the most exciting team to watch for the next 10-12 years. Exciting times ahead.

Hopefully we can afford to pay all of Wardlaw, LDU, Sheezel, McKercher!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

A few posters may final realize that maybe winning against the Suns last year was not as bad as they believe. Missing out on Ried and getting Colby not that bad at all.

Although, we would have had both Reid and McKercher. Having said that, Duursma will be very good.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #10: Colby McKercher - R9 AFL RS nom - goes bang w/ 37d on his return vs GCS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back