10 Sport.... Murphy axed

Remove this Banner Ad

I can't understand this. Murphy didn't have a huge impact but he finished off well and kicked 2 goals. What will this do for his already shot confidence? And to replace him with Thornton is a terrible decision. Why is he still on our list?

I can't understand this. Murphy didn't have a huge impact but he finished off well and kicked 2 goals. What will this do for his already shot confidence? And to replace him with Thornton is a terrible decision. Why is he still on our list?

Yeah agree with this. Can't see why they wouldn't try to run him into some confidence with a few games.

Yeah agree with this. Can't see why they wouldn't try to run him into some confidence with a few games.
What I would be thinking is that Pav will be a stay at home forward this week.

So Thornton comes in... Duffield moves to a pure mid role... and Pav then goes forward.

But really... if we are going to play Pav as a pure mis this season, surely this is a game for it. We'll have enough runners, and he'll just monster the small bodies.

jesus christ how many ****ing times are people going to say "he needs to run into some confidence"! He has had 4 ****ing years to do it and all he has proven is that he has the heart of a ****ing pea, and the footy brain the size of a pea. He is a useless crab, and it wouldn't matter if you gave him 200 games he would still be shit.

What is he some kind of delicate flower? He is a PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALLER who should have to earn his spot, not gift it to him on the basis of a couple of minutes where he showed slightly more footballing ability than a trained gorilla. Oh we couldn't possibly drop him! it might hurt his feelings! What is this, a footballing club or a school for slow learners? He needs to go out there and do his job, and then we'll get back to him. Kicking 2 cheapies in the last half is not doing his job. Its doing a "murphy job" which should be used in dictionaries to depict a souless, gutless and useless performance by a footballer.

jesus christ how many ****ing times are people going to say "he needs to run into some confidence"! He has had 4 ****ing years to do it and all he has proven is that he has the heart of a ****ing pea, and the footy brain the size of a pea. He is a useless crab, and it wouldn't matter if you gave him 200 games he would still be shit.

But what do you really think?
Seriously the guy is on our list. Much as you want him to he's not going away. They didn't give him a deal to play WAFL. So the question is what do you do with him, how do you manage him. Giving him a game then banishing him to the WAFL hasn't worked so what else?
The encouraging thing about his game last week was his kicking for goal. He has looked lost kicking at goal since 2006 and finally he went back and jailed them they way he does in the WAFL. Giving him a run as a mid has made him part of the team and it's paid dividends with his kicking. Expect him to come back again at Subi.

But what do you really think?
Seriously the guy is on our list. Much as you want him to he's not going away. They didn't give him a deal to play WAFL. So the question is what do you do with him, how do you manage him. Giving him a game then banishing him to the WAFL hasn't worked so what else?
The encouraging thing about his game last week was his kicking for goal. He has looked lost kicking at goal since 2006 and finally he went back and jailed them they way he does in the WAFL. Giving him a run as a mid has made him part of the team and it's paid dividends with his kicking. Expect him to come back again at Subi.

He is only on our list because we rated him slightly above pick 100+ in the national draft. Thats just the way out list is, its a shame, but doesn't mean i'd play him unless some kind of tornado went through freo and we could only field 22 players off our entire list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks for the vid scorsese-95.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Atleast we have seen in the past that Murphy has ability Belnakor, even though he has been shit for 2 years. Thornton has spent the best part of a decade displaying a lack of ability.

Murphy >>> Thornton >>> Head

the two shots he had were dead in front. Its like saying Brad Smith, what a great kick. The guy takes all his kicks on a 25' arc from the middle of the ground.

Yeah but if anyone could do it Tarrant would kick 6 a game not 2.3 and 1 OOBOTF.

Seriously he is a one trick pony, it we could get him to mark the ball 3 or 4 times a game and kick straight it would be a win for us Otherwise pay the guy 200k to play WAFL for 2 years.

I'm not defending him as a player or suggesting he is any better than you just trying to be practical in terms of what is the best thing we can get out of this guy.

i love grover's comment "we wont take anyone lightly"........:D i just find it classic that it could be even possible for anyone to think that our team of all teams could possibly get even close to taking any team lightly.... we're fremantle FFS, perennial underachievers... any journo that suggests that we could be taking essendon lightly should be ridiculed to the point of tears :thumbsu:

Often the youngest player in a touring side is assigned some ridiculous task as a form of initiation and bonding.

I believe Hill had to take particular care of the contents of the box all weekend. He will fly with it on his lap, take it sightseeing and sit with it at dinner.

The contents of the box? Grover's beard.

Often the youngest player in a touring side is assigned some ridiculous task as a form of initiation and bonding.

I believe Hill had to take particular care of the contents of the box all weekend. He will fly with it on his lap, take it sightseeing and sit with it at dinner.

The contents of the box? Grover's beard.

:D gold

I am seriously worried about the team this year guys. I mean: Murphy OUT, Thornton IN doesn't inspire much confidence, does it? They are both crabs.

I think we are going to suck in 2009. Hopefully tomorrow will prove me wrong. :(

Remove this Banner Ad

10 Sport.... Murphy axed

Remove this Banner Ad

Back