AFL Player #11: Jade Gresham

Remove this Banner Ad

He's a good player in an area we lack but just not sure why we recruited him. He's very similar to what we already have but his pressure is average and he isn't the most damaging going around.

Feels like we recruited him because he's good and plays forward even though he isn't the forward we need.

It's the reason why I don't want Ainsworth, it's the same again and not what we need

He hasn't been a mainstay forward, so to judge him based on scoring output and disregard his work around the ground/team efforts does him no justice in my opinion. Would flourish as a small forward if we had our act together/were in a later stage of development and had others to take up the chunk of the role that he's been doing. Casting our ballots this early in his tenure with us is silly to be honest.

View attachment 2038452
View attachment 2038456View attachment 2038453
Good stats.
Assists and inside 50’s were expected.
Clearances (4th?!?!) were unexpected and show extra value.

He is what Collingwood wanted Lachie Schultz to be.
eh, i can see the comparison but i think pies play schulz far deeper than we do gresham. schulz also has kicked more goals (probably, at least the eye test)

i think gresh’s been a pretty solid pick up, as others have stated he does good work up the ground as a connector and is doing that really well, just wish he hit the scoreboard more

eh, i can see the comparison but i think pies play schulz far deeper than we do gresham. schulz also has kicked more goals (probably, at least the eye test)

i think gresh’s been a pretty solid pick up, as others have stated he does good work up the ground as a connector and is doing that really well, just wish he hit the scoreboard more
He is smart but just a little frustrating some of the misses that are kickable barely register a behind. Seems a decent set shot it's on the run seems less reliable. Career conversion is around 55%

Remove this Banner Ad

Back