AFL Player #11: Jade Gresham

Remove this Banner Ad

Isn't he leading our goal assists for the season? Agree he looked great closer to goal but he's clearly doing something right playing a bit higher up the ground

Just 18 goals with a game to play.

I understand he has been pulled up the ground a bit, but he simply doesn't do enough.
Compare Will Snelling &/or Jye Menzie to Jade Gresham.. Paying a bloke the rumoured $500,000 - $600,000, I would want a markedly improved output on the ones he has replaced.

Compare Will Snelling &/or Jye Menzie to Jade Gresham.. Paying a bloke the rumoured $500,000 - $600,000, I would want a markedly improved output on the ones he has replaced.
Hoping if we can get a Kako(I'm not sure if he is a straight in type of player) and another marking forward into our side, this would help Jade.

Like you've said though, his wage/performance output isn't any better than the guy's you mentioned.

just above average wage.

I thought Gresham worked hard last night.
His kicking let him down but really the only forward with flair

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the club are using him as a stopgap until we get some elite small forwards in, as we have nothing atm. Kako is coming in and will Menzies spot. Maybe in next years draft, we pick up another small and Greshams role is reduced from 2026 and he is slowly phased out from there.

Would be way above the median, which I'd suggest is more relevant.
the medium in 2023 was just under $450,000.
He is a B grade player on B grade money .

Clearly no superstar but he’s also clearly a better contributor than Menzie, Snelling etc.
to be fair, I was rebutting Zach Package by saying adding depth would have meant build on not replacing.

Id agree he is a better player than who you mentioned. We're just not seeing it enough

Clearly no superstar but he’s also clearly a better contributor than Menzie, Snelling etc.
Eh. Last year when Menzie wasn't competing with Gresham as a similar slow small forward wasn't too dissimilar to Gresham this year.

Of the relevant stats for players like them, they averaged:

Menzie: 1.1 goals, 0.5 GA (for 1.6 combined), 2.3 tackles, 1.5 I50, 4 SI, 1.1 TI50
Gresham: 0.9 goals, 0.9 GA (for 1.8 combined), 2.2 tackles, 3.3 I50, 4.9 SI, 0.8 TI50

Now neither are setting the world alight but there's not that much of a difference, and one is 21, the other 26.

Eh. Last year when Menzie wasn't competing with Gresham as a similar slow small forward wasn't too dissimilar to Gresham this year.

Of the relevant stats for players like them, they averaged:

Menzie: 1.1 goals, 0.5 GA (for 1.6 combined), 2.3 tackles, 1.5 I50, 4 SI, 1.1 TI50
Gresham: 0.9 goals, 0.9 GA (for 1.8 combined), 2.2 tackles, 3.3 I50, 4.9 SI, 0.8 TI50

Now neither are setting the world alight but there's not that much of a difference, and one is 21, the other 26.
As well as the stats what do you think about relative quality of their play?

As well as the stats what do you think about relative quality of their play?
There isn't that much difference. Gresham is better, but he has a low ceiling. I'm not saying Menzie will be better than him but it's 6 of one, half dozen the other.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player #11: Jade Gresham

Remove this Banner Ad

Back