1116 SEN 2024 line up

Remove this Banner Ad

End of an era for SEN. For several years I worked a job where I worked alone most of the day and I listened to KB every morning. Consistency I think is the best word to describe his morning show, always trotting out the same lines and jokes, and it sometimes felt like his lineup of guests never changed. And after a while it just became comfortable for me as a listener -- even getting irritated at Greg 'Venom' Denham talking rubbish became part of the routine. I will miss KB on SEN.

But it's the right decision for KB to move on, he has been going through the motions since getting moved to Drive, especially this year with all those ridiculous teams of the century.

Hutchy should throw big $ at Harf to get him back, although I'm not sure how interested he would be.

Leach is having a crack on twitter , what a perfect human he is . Richo gave a great tribute.
He’s a disgusting leech.

Horrible.

KB like an old pair of famous slippers.
The best slippers in the world.
Famous slippers doc.

Good luck to him.

If they were so intent on getting Whately they should have moved KB to the 12 o’clock slot.

Jaba has really killed the station. Because he’s just not that good at doing things.

I always enjoyed KBs shows , great all round knowledge of sport and loved how he would bait Carlton supporters always getting the one who would take the bait and call in.

Won’t ever forget his show the day after Tommy Hafey, he was brilliant that day .

Hasn’t been himself the last 6 months . Been hearing the Hutchy/KB niggle for months and I guess where there is smoke there is fire .

Just on the world famous KB.

Could never doubt his famous knowledge, very strong.

He had a real famous quirky humour, a grumpy old troll style but suspect tongue firmly in cheek.

He was the world’s most famous greatest tipster.

He made famous, famous.

He insisted on no interchange, get back to the famous reserves.

Wasn’t partial to release the cash, famous for it.

Never drinks alcohol.

Loved Tommy Hafey.

Barracked for Footscray as a kid.

Ate fish n chips on Friday night before a game.

Famous.

Just in the world famous KB.

Could never doubt his knowledge, very strong.

He had a real quirky humour, a grumpy old troll style but suspect tongue firmly in cheek.

He was the world greatest tipster.

He made famous, famous.

He insisted on no interchange, get back to reserves.

Wasn’t partial to release the cash.

Never drinks alcohol.

Loved Tommy Hafey.

Famous.

#goodthanks

Anything in the timing of this announcment? Hutchy is overseas for a few weeks, not on his regular podcast. Perhaps just a coincidence.

I thought KB was going to do some work with Macquarie but I have feeling it might be with RSN.

RSN and MSR shows are very good. RSN breakky excellent. MSR after 7 great.

In fact today listening to MSQ during the morning (9) wouldnt even know its a sydney station. did a quiz and there was no footy of any codes mentioned.

You know the play same number of ads as every other station right? They can only play a certain amount per hour.
You might be right mate, I'm just basing it on my own ears and all I seem to hear is more and more ads.

The worst is when they go to an ad break at 5 mins to the hour, then come back for 30 seconds before a news break, and then have another block of ads after the news break. So all up in around 15 minutes of air time you've got 30 seconds of actual programming, drives me bonkers!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just on the world famous KB.

Could never doubt his famous knowledge, very strong.

He had a real famous quirky humour, a grumpy old troll style but suspect tongue firmly in cheek.

He was the world’s most famous greatest tipster.

He made famous, famous.

He insisted on no interchange, get back to the famous reserves.

Wasn’t partial to release the cash, famous for it.

Never drinks alcohol.

Loved Tommy Hafey.

Ate fish n chips on Friday night before a game.

Famous.
Perfectly said, SV. And you didn't know a thing about his politics - as it should be on sports radio.

RSN and MSR shows are very good. RSN breakky excellent. MSR after 7 great.

In fact today listening to MSQ during the morning (9) wouldnt even know its a sydney station. did a quiz and there was no footy of any codes mentioned.
My guess he'll pop-up somewhere on the station his long time producer and friend defected to. At 72 and with a pile of money I do wonder why he doesn't sit back and enjoy the spoils though.

I'll grant that it's the end of an era.

But the KB whose loss you're lamenting can't possibly be the KB of the last couple of years. Let's be honest - his show has been borderline unlistenable.

Pine for the morning show KB if you like; but losing the current incarnation of him is a blessing in disguise for the station.

Last edited:
You might be right mate, I'm just basing it on my own ears and all I seem to hear is more and more ads.

The worst is when they go to an ad break at 5 mins to the hour, then come back for 30 seconds before a news break, and then have another block of ads after the news break. So all up in around 15 minutes of air time you've got 30 seconds of actual programming, drives me bonkers!
I know, i don’t know exactly how the ad quota works but it could run over 3 hour blocks.. I know Gary and Tim talk roughly
15 mins straight from 6.. so they probably pump more ads from 7-8 when more are listening

I'll grant that it's the end of an era.

But the KB whose loss your lamenting can't possibly be the KB of the last couple of years. Let's be honest - his show has been borderline unlistenable.

Pine for the morning show KB if you like; but losing the current incarnation of him is a blessing in disguise for the station.

Mornings with Patrick Smith and Richo was KB's heyday.

KB is a subtle old troll, but he was fairly likeable.

Yes he babbled on a repeated himself, ALOT "AFL football is a unique game, a quirky game.."

But there's also something very nice about listening to a guy that has knowledge of football from the 1950's-2010's.

An old coger on the phone could drop an obscure name from the 60's and KB would reminisce on his memories of that player, club etc

I'm going to miss that portal into sporting history that KB was able to provide, those types, a little bit like the WW2 vets are dying out.

Now we will get a Sam McLure type that can't see past about 2005 in his sporting knowledge.....

I used to listen to KB in the mornings when driving home from nightshift. There are very fine radio personalities and there are very fine 300+ game footballers. There are few (if any) who are both. Footy legends in broadcasting from Dermie to Carey to Matthews need a professional alongside them. Even Harford - a pretty decent radio personality - is probably best remembered as a journeyman of the game. Filling three hours of radio each morning is a hell of a hard gig and, as much as we can bitch and moan about the lesser aspects of his work (and yes, there were a few) his legendary status in the game gave him a gravitas that few could equal and excused his shortcomings.

Just last week I listened to him and the Doc as they were talking about brothers who played AFL or something and an old timer rang in with a name from the early 70s I had never heard of. KB remembered the player, his skills, his position and when he played against him. The old timer who called in was in disbelief of KB's memory. Yes, there are still plenty of ex champions around of KB's vintage and with his memory, but how many can handle hosting a radio show? He had a skill and experience set unlike any other. But it was odd listening to his drive show. He and the Doc have worked together successfully before and appear to enjoy each other's company but something just didn't click. KB often sounded distracted, as if someone (other than the Doc) was in the studio taking notes. Perhaps they were on CCTV beamed into Hutchy's yacht.

When he was on in the mornings KB had the feel of a great old fella who had just brewed a pot of tea and was inviting you in for a chinwag. Whately, on the other hand, has the aura of someone who thinks that were he to fart in the microphone you should call in and beg for an encore.

As for everybody else they are place-fillers between the betting ads.

Yes I am well aware that before Hutchy the station was losing money. But it had personality. These oddball characters wore their hearts on their sleeves and half the time you wanted to put your boot through the radio, but you didn't, because you knew they were genuine. You can't fake genuine...not for long, anyway.

SEN is well into faking at the moment.

Remove this Banner Ad

1116 SEN 2024 line up

Remove this Banner Ad

Back